bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions  (Read 11207 times)

DuluthGA

Re: Verses on suffering/tribulations/afflictions
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 11:10:13 PM »

I'd never heard the word "located" for appointed in I Thes 3:3 so I did the Strong's search:

keimai
ki'-mahee
Middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively): - be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare G5087.

I thought "to lie outstretched" was very descriptive of our appointment with afflictions....

Thanks for your research and insight Dawn!

:)

ez2u

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »

Janice   thank you for posting these verses  I am going to copy them to and read them for a while.  they are very powerful put together like this.  You go girl!!!!!  peggy

YellowRose

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »

Urusula,

Thank you for that very insightful scripture.  It really applies to my circumstance!  It provided important discernment about the situation because it was the flesh in carnal people that was rising up all around me.  I stuck my neck out on the chopping block and took the initiative, after much prayer, to interject His Way into the situation and, sure enough, the impossible happened yet again.  I called one of my immediate bosses over the weekend to discuss the problems and even he couldn't suggest a solution.  But he graciously gave me his support for my proposal, and don't you know it but it resulted in peace flowing throughout the office before noon on Monday.  By Tuesday afternoon God provided the solution and all is well again.  My boss has been excruciatingly busy and out of the office for most of this week but he happened to come into the office during the exact timeframe the solution was being applied on Tuesday afternoon, and he seemed utterly shocked at how quickly the situation was being resolved.  (We haven't had one moment to talk about it.)  I believe it's because he doesn't understand that it all belongs to God in the first place.  It is sometimes difficult for me to work around people who don't know that.   They put so much emphasis on all of their professional accomplishments, without acknowledging God in any of it.  Oh, they speak God's name there, but mostly in a way that grieves His Spirit.  But it is no different at work than it is in the rest of this world we all live in, and I am learning to accept all of my circumstances as God's training ground. 

Thank you again, Ursula (I LOVE your name!), for sending His Word and His Truth to me.  Your counsel was very helpful!

In His Service,

Cathy

LittleBear

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

I'm glad things came together Cathy. :) It's true, all these circumstances ARE God's training ground. It's great when we can see them as such, so we can appreciate them as coming from God's hand. Then we can truly have a personal, intimate walk with God (what other kind is there!) when we realize that all things work togther for good to them that love God and are the called according to His purpose.(Rom 8:28)

Love,

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 01:46:09 AM »

HI ALL...

Thanks to a forum friend there's been another verse set added to the theme of this thread, and I would like to invite more of your favorites to add them to the listing.

Psalm 119: 71, 75      It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes….[75] I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

A great one, thanks very much!

Janice
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:50:14 AM by DuluthGA »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.