bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Get Rich  (Read 6842 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
How To Get Rich
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:32:07 PM by Dennis Vogel »

dawnnnny

Re: How To Get Rich
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »

wow, that was depressing....I kept imagining Jesus sitting here watching it with me   :-[

Scribbles

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:07:21 PM »

There were alot of reviews....these two really cracked me up...

Acts 3 verse 6.....there was a guy begging at the gates. "old version" says....."Peter: Silver and gold have I none...etc."

"new version" says...Silver and gold have we...would you like to give a donation to our ministry?"

Another good one.....They're not after your money, they're after your ignorance. Once they have that, getting your money is easy

Thank goodness I'm "free"...
Scribbles

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »

frightening!

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

That was depressing!!!

Peace and Love
Iris

gmik

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 07:30:54 PM »

Thanks Dennis.

This is the kind of thing we can e mail to church people and don't have to preach to them. I have a couple of friends who were w/ me in the Hagin/Osteen/Copeland "Word" camp.  This is the stuff they need to see and I don't have to say a word!!

musicman

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »

Dear God,

My tithe is in the mail.  When do I get my plane?

YellowRose

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 12:11:31 AM »

LOL Musicman, I love it!

I watched the video and a couple of others on the same topic.  It has been a LONG time since I have seen those charlatans on television (3+ years now).  Prior to God bringing me to www.bibletruths.com, I had been inundated all day every day by their blasphemous teachings via my then fiance, who was utterly consumed by their charades.  I never believed a word they had to say and it was a constant point of strife between us.  Thankfully, for a long time now I have not had to hear those evil slogans or the arrogance in their voices as they peddle the lusts of their own hearts.  Sadly, it made me think of Stephen and remember the pain of realizing he had no discernment of God's truths, and there was no way I could/would ever marry him and unequally yoke myself to his false beliefs.  Thanks to Ray's teaching, the Lord brought me to 2 Corinthians 6:14-18: Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Balaal?  What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?  For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you.  I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."  At the exact moment I first read that scripture, I understood what I was dealing with in Stephen and what I needed to do about it.  God gave me the unswerving strength to never lay my eyes on Stephen again.  (Stephen had always succeeded at persuading me to reconcile with him every time before then, but that was to never happen again.)  It was that instantaneous.  But that is not to say that it was not without much grief over the loss of a potential marital relationship I had once hoped would last the rest of my life.  (Except for spiritual issues, we had a very good relationship.)  Yet, the Lord was daily filling me with so much peace and joy at learning His Truths.  It was an amazing experience, really.  I haven't thought about that time in my life for a while.  Seeing those charlatans again brings this all back to me.  It's good to remember because it reminds me of how the Lord brought me through it with much love, compassion, understanding, reconciliation, joy, and peace. Wow, He is So Good!

You know something really funny?  The event that God used to cause me to find www.bibletruths.com was Stephen's constant barraging of me with his insistence that I tithe 10% of my income to his church.  He had called me at work and "demanded" that I prove tithing was not scriptural and I told him to check his email.  I got online and did a quick google search about tithing and www.bibletruths.com was one of the pages that came up.  I copied and pasted a few anti-tithing urls into an email to him, including www.bibletruths.com, and the title, "Exposing Those Who Contradict," caught my eye.  "Wait a minute," I thought, "let me email this one to myself at home and check it out from home tonight."  The rest, as they say, is history.

Peace, y'all!

In His Service,

Cathy

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 02:26:31 AM »

Good to hear some of your testimony Cathy. Thanks for sharing.

Funny Musicman.....did you hear him say, I flew here on my own jet and I don't need anything from you...or something like that. He got his jet plane EXACTLY from people who give to him. 

Makes me wanna spit nickels- and not his way...he'd spend 'em

How many in the audience became millionaires???  OOHHH don't get me going! :D

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

Love your story Cathy! It's always interesting to see how God moves in people's lives. I'm glad He opened your eyes.

That video made me sick. :(

Ursula

jER

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »

It's about money...it's about money...it's about money...
At least it was the truth - "IT WAS ABOUT MONEY!

I was at a mega church not long ago (at a wedding) and there was a water-fountain in the
front entrance for the loose change in your pocket. Talk about scraping the barrel. Sadly,
it wasn't for the couple getting married.

*spit-nickels*   :D

- jER

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 03:27:36 AM »

Doesn't that say it all  love of money.  To night I had a breakthrough :) as I was sharing the scriptures with my family about Adam and Eve and the original sin I shared Jn 2:15  Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16  because all that which is in the world: the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17  And the world is passing away, and its lust. But the one doing the will of God abides forever.
Then Gen 3:6  And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and the tree was desirable to make one wise. And she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
My husband said Peggy that was good acourse I told him I heard it from Rays' audio (PTL) My son asked me if I could set up a website and tell people about this stuff so they could get the truth I told him there is one already so Zach, almost 16 is going to look at it. :D peggy

dawnnnny

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »

Praise God Peggy!!!!!  That is so wonderful!!!

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »

Friend Peggy,

It is so good that you can share what you are learning with your family.
What a blessing to have the peace of mind and mutual understanding.
What an opportunity to learn how to share among people who know that you love them and will patiently work with you.  It is basic training for our future tasks in the Kingdom.

Regards, indianabob

gmik

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »

Well, nother one bites the dust...

Did ya hear about Richard Roberts and the goings on at ORU??

the LOVE of $$$$(power,fame,greed) will eventually turn on you.

Be sure your sin will find you out!!

LittleBear

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 03:14:18 PM »

No, I haven't heard. I have'nt been watching the news for a while. Let me guess, misappropriation of funds, sex scandal? I think those are two of the biggies. Surely God doesn't want 8 million dollars to spare Richard's life! (that one gets boring and besides, I'm sure God could think up a new one!)

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »

:DYour new avatar is so cute!!

You know, just the "big" ones make the news.

Just up the street at a little bitty "world outreach center" (maybe 50 people tops) "pastor" fooling around w/ secretary.  Some people left but "church" is still going on.  So the people that left (maybe 10) moved up the street from that church and started a new "apostolic revival center".

This is probably so common all around, and the sheep put up w/ it.

SandyFla

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 09:43:44 PM »

After watching that video, it's all clear to me now. <fingers on forehead, looking like a fortune teller> I haven't been tithing and giving to Kenneth Copeland, et al, so God has "cursed me with a curse." That's why I have no job.  ::) <sarcasm>

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Jesus said to NOT lay up for yourselves treasures on earth. Maybe He changed His mind. Now He WANTS us to have treasures on earth. <more sarcasm>

What a sad state to which Christendom has sunk!  :(

Sandy

LittleBear

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »

Oh Sandy,

Now that I think about it....I haven't been giving to Kenneth Copeland either!
Hey, maybe that's why all these rotten things have been going on in my life. :(
I had better send that cheque out in the mail TODAY!

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.