bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: appointed/ordained  (Read 16754 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: appointed/ordained
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 05:23:32 PM »

Last month I hit a wall in my studies and posted a question to Ray. His reply I believe fits beautifully into this thread to stimulate more photosynthesis.

Rodger grapes and olives are sour indeed until the warmth of the sun and time, they sweeten in
preparation for crushing out their juices to yield respectively oil or wine. Wine to make merry the heart and oil...well that could take a whole new direction!

I had family staying on the outskirts of Rome where civilization seemed to not have touched the village where they had their home.  I became aware that in some parts of Italy, the ceremony of collecting grapes and having them crushed in huge vats under the feet of the village folks still continues! :D Not such a great end for the grape that will end as a raisin and land up in a pudding if not picked for wine!

Perhaps there are Spiritual parallels everywhere! As in life and in Nature so in One Spirit with our Creator.

I enjoyed your view Gregor, that we too walk with God as perhaps Enoch, the man who "walked with God" who was indeed one of the five great spiritual characters of the OT written for our good instruction.

Here, I believe is some more light on this precious thread. Quoting Ray....

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End.

Adam was flesh and blood--Jesus was made flesh and blood.

Adam was the son of God (Luke 3:38)--Jesus was the Son of God (Heb. 1:5).

Adam died--Jesus died.

All die in Adam (I Cor. 15:22)--Jesus being of Adam and made flesh also DIED.

But Jesus has been resurrected to immortality--the "last Adam."

But notice carefully that Jesus is called the "LAST" Adam,

but He is called the "SECOND" man, not the "last" man,

as there will follow many more brothers and sisters (II Cor. 6:18, etc.)

God be with you,

Ray

Peace and good will

Arcturus :)

ciy

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »

Great post Arcturus!

This is certainly a true statement:

Perhaps there are Spiritual parallels everywhere! As in life and in Nature so in One Spirit with our Creator.

The plan of God is seen in everything from relationships to sports competition to movies (good or bad) to nature.  God's plan is always evident even when evolutionist say "Survival of the fittest" they are saying, without knowing it, "Many are called, few are chosen."

Also, that is such a great observation of Ray about Jesus being the "Last Adam" but he is the "2nd Man".

God is awesome in every way.
CIY
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:48:39 PM by ciy »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 06:03:17 PM »

Yes CIY :)

You say :  The plan of God is seen in everything ...Yes and on the other hand the PLAN of God is NOT yet revealed to or known, perceived or understood by MANY. I believe it is for this reason and consequence that we live in times of great apostasy, deceptions and errors in wickedness as prophesied.

Very few see and understand with comprehensive insight the ways and purposes of God, what His Plan is. Very few know God or His power. Just look at how many believe, cling to and adhere to the damnable false teaching about eternal Hell!

1 John 4 : 16 To KNOW ( understand, recognize, be conscious of, observe, experience, believe, adhere to, put faith in and rely on ) the Love God cherishes for us.

One day we will all KNOW the Truth. That will be a most Glorious event! I believe that Christ returns to usher that in to our experience and knowledge of the Father of Righteousness when His first born Son Jesus Christ will return again! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:18:00 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.