bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Credit card theft  (Read 4158 times)

Jackie Lee

Credit card theft
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »

Hi everyone,
I wanted to bring up credit card theft,I have been victimised by this crime.
When I recieved my bill today it had an enormous amounts of credits I had never heard of.
The lady told me it was purchases over the computer one was from Australia.
One was a money exchange.
I am working on getting it straight but while I was on the phone talking to the card holders another bill came
in for 456.00 on the card.
This one was from Massachussets, I believe it was all connected because the first one was flowers from Australia, then a money exchange.
I believe someone was making a small purchase to assure themselves they could use this number for large purchases.
I stopped the card and now have to go through headache of paperwork to get this off of my bill.
I will be issued a new card in few days but this time I decided to make the purchase of insurance of $9.99 a month. This will cover bank accounts and any other cards I have.

Why I am writting this here is to warn people of online shopping, to be sure it is secure.
I am not positive this is how they got my number and expiring date but be careful of all your accounts.
The lady told me this is a growing problem and they can wipe you out....Jackie

LittleBear

Re: Credit card theft
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Thanks for the warning. I feel bad for you!
I'm always leery about giving out my credit card number over the phone or online, but sometimes there is no choice. How do you know if a site is secure?

Did you have to pay for all those bills?

Ursula

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »

Hi Ursula
The credit card company said they would take them off after I have to sign a load of papers and verify it by phone when they call.
I am hoping it is done quickly.
I am not sure if there is anything secure really, the company says it is secure but I really don't know.
I am going to try and do no on line shopping even though I am not certain that is how it happened.
I have noticed for sometime now when you purchase at a local store they x out all but the last 4 numbers on the receipt.
It probably does pay to get the $9.99 insurance to cover things like this.
I always though I wouldn't need it since I don't charge that much but then someone practically maxed out my card.

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »

Well, I'm glad the company doesn't make you pay for it all. Whew!

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the credit card. It seems like more and more people are having a problem from credit card theft all the time. I hear about it on the news and they will have tips on how to keep someone from stealing your credit card number.

Peace and Love
Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 16 queries.