bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Suicide  (Read 12720 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: A Suicide
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

It may be appropriate to return to this teaching again at this difficult and most challenging time.

An Encouraging Word About Death http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

jacieleigh

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »

We did get her in with her regular doc. She is now taking a very mild anti-depressant that is helping some. It also is helping her sleep a bit more. It will be a long, hard road for her but we will help all we can.Many thanks to you all, JacieLeigh

hebrewroots98

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 01:48:18 AM »

Praying for you both Jacqieleigh!  Try to keep your eyes on HIM and allow the HOLY SPIRIT COMFORT YOU AT THIS TIME.
SHALOM!!!!!

jacieleigh

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »

Manythanks to you all. I fulfilled a request my "sister-best friend" made of me. She wanted to send her final love letter to the sea to her husband. I went to the seaside , found someone with a boat and we sent it to sea. She was relieved by this I think. She couldn't write it so I wrote it for her. We have been "bests"for so long we think the same way. I wrote it by the sea and called and read it to her before I sent it to make sure it was okay. She cried and said it was like I spoke the words in her heart that she couldn't put into words. It wasn't much but I was blessed to do it for her. The beach and the sea was one of their favorite places to go together. They made their life dreams there.
We had to call the doctor back because the small anti-depressant has stopped helping her sleep. They called in a mild sleeping pill but I do believe we are all going to need to participate in grief counseling. I am going to find a support group tomorrow morning. Please continue to pray for her and for all of us. It is quite amazing to me that people that I don't really know except by name, have been so willing to pray for me and for her. Perhaps that is why my Daddy(Satch) told me about this place. For just such a time as this.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »

And likewise jacieleigh we are blessed that you are among us.

Peace to you and your "sister-best friend"

Arcturus :)

jacieleigh

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »

Not to be rude but to clarify... I noticed there is a Jackie on the forum. My name is pronounced JacieLeigh with a long vowel a. It sounds like Stacy. I just didn't want to cause confusion. Thank you.

LittleBear

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

Ok, JacieLeigh, that's a lovely name!

It will take a while for your friend to grieve, my prayers are still with her, and with you.

Ursula

Robin

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 03:44:13 AM »

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »

Hello JacieLeigh,

Just thinking of you, how are you doing nowadays?  I pray upon every rememberance of you. 
God Bless you!  and SAHLOM! 
BLESSINGS,
SUSAN

joyful1

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 02:01:39 PM »

Hello JacieLeigh,
I am just catching up after being away for a long time....I am so sorry about your friend's husband....I was wondering, as well....how you might be doing at this point? God's love and comfort and peace to you dear!
Joyce

jacieleigh

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 09:59:17 PM »

I am okay. We are all struggling in different ways each day but try to be a comfort to one another throughout the struggles. My sweet sister/bestfriend is still very heavy hearted as she will be for a long time. We are all trying though. It is just so hard to believe how someone can be here one moment and gone the next. Just as birth is a miracle of God, I think maybe death is as well. God's power controls death too. It is quite mind-boggling to me. I called the other day and as the phone rang I found myself thinking, " Tim  hurry and answer the phone!". Then I remembered. My prayer this day for us all is God's peace.

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 10:33:05 PM »

Hi jacleigh,
my cousin   took his own life   .......the effect it had on the whole family  was a great chastening and learning process. We may not understand His ways but...lookin back we can see  His plan to bring about His will .xxxxxxxxxx

He says:

(1Pe 4:12)  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

(1Pe 4:13)  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

He in His wisdom ....... teaches us ........as sons and daughters. We are taught  in the wordly church that if we suffer  ..we are sinning...He says in His word  that He was  perfected through suffering............

(Joh 16:33)  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

The peace He gives us  is ..........we will  be with our  loved ones   .we all will be judged....either  now or later.....

His church  is being judged    now.............to rule with  Him......what  an awesome  God we have .people that take their own life didnt.....He  did  and the message teaching is for those that goes through that trial .

God bless
sandie

Walk in the Spirit

jacieleigh

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »

I didn't say it very well about death. I was thinking on the miracle of a baby's first breath and how with that first breath a family is born. It is a miracle of God.Only He could put our bodies together and allow us to take our first breath. In death, God  takes the breath He gave. And a family is changed in a different way.

gmik

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »

Thanks for the update.

Sandie that was still good stuff!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.