bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: David A Man After Gods Own Heart!  (Read 6023 times)

sonofone

David A Man After Gods Own Heart!
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »

This question might be better posted in off topics so I'll understand if it is moved there. When David Committed adultery with Bathsheba and had Uriah killed. Nathan had to confront David before David recognized or acknowledged his wrongdoing. David then said that he had sinned against God and Him only. Is it not possible to sin against man? or as David said done this evil in thy sight. This has always puzzled me perhaps there is no reason to be.The scriptures just leave no record of David being repentant of what he did to both Bathsheba,or her husband Uriah. Only that he had done this evil in the sight of God.

lilitalienboi16

Re: David A Man After Gods Own Heart!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »

You sure do have many questions sonofone, but that is a good thing =]

Perhaps this will help you;

Matthew 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

God bless,

Alex

Gregor

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »

King David was a man who know joy and sorrow, victory and defeat, safety and danger. Many times he had to run from his enemies. He knew what it was to sin against God and to receive forgiveness. He was held accountible and paid the price. His life was a troubled life, filled with turmoil, grief, persecution, regrets, doubt, and opposition. The Psalms are filled with his cries to the lord for help and mercy.
David had Uriah killed so he couldn't express his repentance to him. Bathsheba would have witnessed David's remorse, especially when David's son died. I would assume, after this, David would have given Bathsheba the royal treatment, above and beyond his many other wives and concubine.

insanezenmistress

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:56:49 PM »

God's judgment about the adultery was that he woudl lose the first born child, he mourned and repented in the temple all during Her labor and pregnancy, and when the time came and the punishment delt, he got up and washed his face as it where and went about the bisiness ofthe kingdom.

i cant remember the one for the murder. But as for a man after God's heart...........ahh.........when David was alone his companion was God, to whom did he go even in sin but his God. Who was his hope no matter what happened?

Facts is that we will never be sinless, and our sins are no less than his, the difference between us is that David was naked and not ashamed. He trusted in both the Judgment and the Mercy of Our Lord.

ciy

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 01:23:49 AM »

No you cannot sin against man.  The only one you can sin against is God.  Further more when one really knows the truth, they will realize that they cannot put their trust in their husband, wife, momma, or daddy.  You will know that you put your trust in God,  For example you put your trust in God for your wife or husband to be faithful to you and then let the  chips fall where they may because it is all of God.

Ponder this.  God caused David to commit adultery with Bathsheba because if he had not then Solomon would not have been born to build the temple, write Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.
God is definitely in complete control of every thing big or infinitely small.

CIY

sonofone

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »

If the meaning of sin is to transgress,missing the mark,or standard.Then I suppose you can in fact sin against man.God in the law has given you certain rights,when a man violates this he has in fact sinned against both you and God.See Matthew 18 vs 21 Peter ask Jesus how often should his brother sin against him and he forgive him.See also Matthew 18 vs 15

ciy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »

Sonofone,

I apologize for my shortcut to the truth.  You are right in that you can do a neighbor wrong and you should apologize and make up; however, I tend to go to the heart of the matter and what we on this forum should be focusing on and that is God.

I am not a teacher.  I feel I am an encourager, so I won't try to explain my post other than to say it is about God's plan and our focus.

If you focus on not sinning against people, I can assure you that you will end up sinning against God.  On the other hand, if you will focus on God and love him with all of your mind, heart, body, and soul then it is impossible to sin against your neighbor.  You may hurt their feelings and make them where they never speak to you again, but if you really know God you would not be sinning against your neighbor.

One point on the other subject of trust.  If your neighbor wants to borrow your lawn mower, do not put your trust in the neighbor put your trust in the Word of God.  Do what the Word says and trust God's plan.  God will cause every situation to work out exactly to His good pleasure.

Keep seeking as you are doing.
CIY

ciy

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »

This thread has stayed in my mind about David and how he is a man after God's own heart. 

Think of how thoughout David's life during the pressure points he always relied completely on the Lord.  Early in his life, he knew God was with him when he fought lions and bears.

In fighting Goliath, he refused man's weapons and armor and relied completely on the Lord.

When he had the chance to kill King Saul on 2 occasions he relented and said that he would not take it in his own hands but would wait on the Lord.

Bdfore attacking the enemey, he waited for the rustling of the wind in the leaves on God's orders again trusting completely in God.

When his 1st son from Bathesheba died, he immediately arose and went to worship the Lord accepting the death of his son as God's will.

When all was lost and everybody were against him, he encouraged himself in the Lord.

He had his bouts of sinning and repenting and even at his death he told Solomon to kill his enemies and make it bloody, but the intent of his heart was to trust in God.  Throughout the Psalms he is always calling out to God believing God would relieve him.  Believing God would rescue him.  Believing God would save him.

Fill up with God through the word and be a man after God's own heart.  Sometimes I think we make Paul our model to follow, but it is Jesus who is our model and the intent of our heart is to take that name with Christ in us.
Focus on God.
CIY

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »

I remember hearing ray say that David spoke of God's mercy over a 100 times, or something along those lines, and yet the church preaches how God will torture eternaly those who have not the faith of the Son living in them.

So ray said that David truly was a man after the Lord's heart, the Lord is FULL of mercy.

I think that was the point ray made, i'm not to certain, i think it was in rays new audio 'How much is ALL?'

if ya havn't listened to it, i suggest ya do =]

God bless,

Alex

ciy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »

Of the 41 times the phrase "His mercy endureth for ever" appears in the Old Testament, 26 times it appears in the Psalms.

Amazing that a theologian can read that 41 times, but will insist that God's mercy will not endure for ever.  It is impossible for God to punishment one in a hell hole for all eternity and at the same time be merciful for ever.  Only by a miracle of God could we be this blind.

CIY

gmik

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »

What an interesting thread.  I need to play connect- the- dots!!  I sing "his mercy endureth forever"-love that song- but never consciously thought about using that verse to prove HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER- proving it to me or to anyone else. It is indeed His will to be that blind cuz it is staring us in the face.

Interesting you mention Paul- I do set him up and usually stay in his writings.

But who wouldn't want to be a man/woman after God's own heart??  That is a high and worthy goal. Maybe I will go into Psalms, its been awhile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.