bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sprouting  (Read 4656 times)

ez2u

sprouting
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:58:41 AM »

:o :o :o    I was thinking about Jesus on a particularly bad day, not to long ago   One of those day we don't like to have   everything I touched that day went wrong    the kind of day that you can't  find the address and walk all over the block only to realizes it' s a block up. The kind of day you go to the car dealership and he tells you your side panel can't be fixed  they don' t make the part , you burn the fried chicken ,  a piece potatoes, that you are mashing, somehow gets in your sandals and burns your foot. and the grocery man rings your groceries up wrong.  I knew I was getting set up by we all know who  God   but it was different   God is in control of my whole life and I began to think is this what it is like to be like Jesus?  Having all kinds of things thrown at you all day long and just submitting. okay this happen and I am just going to know it is God.  Not get upset  a new peggy  it was like I was watching myself like something was different.  It wasn't a good feeling, I was being tested, especially the burnt foot.  calm relax  help others to be the same or at least didn't cause any trouble. I am sharing this because if you knew me I have been know to be a firer ball, at times a go get her type.  This is new and I feel a definite result of this is the forum cause by Jesus.  thanks you guys ;D  I am sprouting  peggy

DuluthGA

Re: sprouting
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:27:57 AM »

God love ya Peggy, you are a spout indeed!  :D

And don't forget that yes... God's in control... but we have to steer the ship.

God's will is worked THROUGH our actions or inactions and not in spite of them.

;) wink wink

SO HANG IN THERE, re-group and go forth!

YOU SHALL OVERCOME!! [Perhaps on a better day... not laughing AT you... I certainly have had those kinds of days!]

With love and joy for you,  :)
Janice

D Student

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:28:04 AM »

Don't let these little things bother you. Think of the GOOD things
that you have, inhale, exhale and then  :) ...

Let the NEW Peggy take over & tell Fire Ball Pegg to get lost. ;D <--- D

Sue Creamer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »

Hi Peggy,

I had to think about your day and compare it to ALL of mine...!!!  I wouldn't know how to handle it if I actually had a day without small catastrophes (notice I said small).  Early on I learned to laugh at myself and when opportunity knocked I would repeat my story to others and ohhhhh how they laugh....he he he.

Laughter is such great medicine, even if I am the main character in the story and I had to suffer to have such a great story to tell.  If it helps someone forget their own pain just for a little bit..or it reminds others not be so hard on their self for their own mishaps...it is so worth it.     

Just think about the next time you want to liven up a room of people, tell them one of your stories, your reward is the laughter you will receive, it works every time.  What good it will have in the Kingdom, don't know..but I do know I have become an expert.  I hope you will feel better soon.

peace
Sue Ann

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »

Hi Peggy,

I resently had a incident that was a test of patience.  I had been working all day on typing up a paper had gotten about 15 pages done.  I got up for a minute and my daughter sat down to get on-line, so I said let me close that up first.  Before I knew it she had hit the x and it was deleted.  I was stunned, did she really just do that.  There was nothing that I could say, it was late, so I went to bed.  But I wrestled for a while with the thought of all that work just gone, why did it happen.  You know it didn't have to happen, but it was caused to happen, because we all need to deal with difficulties and learn self-contol in the face of adversity.

1Pe 2:20  For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.

This is from the transcript 'Esther - The Destiny of Women.'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html -------------

So as in closing, I want to wish you health, happiness and prosperity.  Along with all the trials, misery and tribulation and everything else that comes your way.  I mean you will partake of both.  There are times of joy and times of sorrow, they are all just as needful.  It’s just very hard when you are not feeling good or looking good or seeing things very good or anticipating anything good, then it’s hard to think this is good.  But you got to look beyond, to the goal.  All these things are necessary. 
James says rejoice in the fiery trials.  Because this is good stuff, this is more than gold and silver.  You say, ‘I don’t know, give me gold and silver.’  But this is more valuable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:32 AM »

these are really great replies, so encouraging.  Kat I really felt for you when I read your daughter erased you day long labor.  That was a test!  Janice you are the sweetest person God Bless you all  I know its coming again and again and Lord Will will be done to work in all of us His good pleasure. I am just thinking that these little trials can help mold us that when /if the bigger ones come along we will be instant in action.  In Jesus Peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 04:11:47 AM »

Ouch, Kat.

Amen Peggy:  "I know its coming again and again..."  AND "these little trials can help mold us..."

Does that mean we will be moldy??  :D

Great application, SueAnn:  "Laughter is such great medicine... tell them one of your (small series of catastrophies) stories and your reward is the laughter you will receive, it works every time." :)  And it helps bring people together!

WE ARE SPROUTIN' IN TH' HOLY SPIRIT OF LOVE~  Bonk Bonk~

{that means a slight rap on the head}  HA!
  :D

;)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »

Hey Kat,

Much sympathy.

I have had similar difficulties while I was the only one at the key board.  Just a mis-stroke or something and afterward I couldn't figure out what I had done or how to reverse it.

MS Word has an 'autosave' feature that is really worth the expense of purchasing it.  That's what I've been using for a while now, but it doesn't work on direct email typing so when I have an important reply to type I do it in 'word' and then paste into the email.  That is if I remember. . .

15 pages, already completely edited for content; that's a hard pill to swallow...

Regards, Bob

Kat

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 01:28:10 PM »

Hi Bob,

I have already retyped it out, so all is good, it just cost a little time is all  :)
You know I was on 'Word' doing that and I usually do use the save feature, but for some reason I had not that day  ???  I was being set up to learn a lesson of patient enduring.  I think I get it too, we have to go through these trials in the physical, to develop the character traits that will benefit us in the spiritual.  Easy to say, hard to endure.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.