bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: meaning of lost?  (Read 17165 times)

acomplishedartis

Re: meaning of lost?
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »

acturus; ''I understand that we are never lost to GOD because HE is ALL KNOWING and OMNIPRESENT. From our view point we can fall prey to becoming lost, back slidden, deceived and in error when we lean on our own understanding and worse fall into the error of thinking we have control or are in control! Cheesy

For me, every discussion we can have is centred on Free Will and Absolute v/s Relative. To me all roads lead to these conclusions (as brought out in Rays teachings) and the acceptance or rejection of them. Everything around that is frills skirting issues that embroider other ideas that evade the stark basic Truth that does not lie, or deceive or err.''

Yes, i belive it too; that's where every discuccion will lide us: absolute v/s relative, free will or not free (cause and effect or effect without a cause).
for one side we can be all lost in our perceptions(one's more than others), for the other god knows exactly where we are and if we are going to stand firm or not until our death, and if it will be posible for us to perceive that he is walking with us or not (like darren said).

This is one of the things i like from here, if there is absolutes (that we can prove) , we will not go random on never ending issues. And it is posible to be agree on one mind with people we just met for the first time.

thanks for reply, i appreciated it.

DuluthGA

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »

Hi Moises!  Good post, thanks!

When you said:

for my perception i also think being lost has to do with death as it was sugested, because we are all slowly dying, Day by day , hour by hour we are getting closer to our graves from Every second since we born.

It reminded of (from Ray):

In the Hebrew as translated in the CLV, "... for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.” [Gen 2: 17b] You will begin to die, you will be mortal and just die.  You will be mortal and come to old age and die.

Just thought I'd give this matching scripture reference. :)

Further from Ray:

Regarding:  Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners..."

They were made sinners by VIRTUE OF THE FACT THAT THEY RECEIVED ADAM'S MORTALITY [DEATH] NOT HIS SIN. We sin because we are mortal [dying]. We have NO SPIRITUAL STRENGTH to combat our carnal, sinning, DYING, FLESH. Hence all sin because THEY ARE MORTAL. Adam sinned because HE WAS MORTAL. "It is appointed unto ALL men once to die." [Heb 9: 27]

Life is actually and simply a process of dying. :)

Janice 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:13:15 PM by DuluthGA »

YellowStone

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

You can take a string of scriptures to say we were lost once in darkness and now see the light but we are not there yet and until we are home in Christ we are vulnerable to being lost again or getting lost. Like Judas who walked with Christ. Judas got lost in his dispair, regret and solitary anguish. Poor guy. Think how he will feel when our Lord wakes him up and he see's Him as he desired to have Him ruling while in carnal reality! Of course he will have to repent of trying to take control to get his own way and vision of Jesus ruling the Roman Empire. When Christ returns He will be ruling much more than that! 8)...Just my thoughts.... :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Hi Arcturus, you are of course correct when you say that we are not there yet. However, a young child may wander for days and many miles from home, hoplessly lost. Yet, once the child is found, she is found regardless of how far away from home the child may be. Likewise, I will never state that I will not find myself in places where I might not want to be, but to your point exactly, I will be there for a reson, and God will be with me. As David walked though his valleys and shadows of death, so must we all. I will never say "Fine God, I needed you once, but not anymore" I can say this honestly, beccause I do not believe that I ever will, but if I do, it will be because God so chooses. I am not there where i want to be, but I am not lost any more either.

Thanks, :)

Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »

Let me try to understand this Darren.

I can not find a Scriptural parallel to your allegory about a child being lost.

Of course we know about the prodigal son who was considered as DEAD by his Father until such time as he returned home. Are we also DEAD to the Father once we leave our first love?

Only when the prodigal son reached home and humbled himself before his Father was his return celebrated and he was restored to the House of his Father. The inheritance he had squandered was not restored to him. To reimburse him his losses would mean taking from Peter to pay Paul or reducing the inheritance of the brother who did not leave home. The prodigal had forced his inheritance to be paid against the will of his Father. He received his inheritance before his Father died which was the same as saying to the Father, you are dead for me. Give me my inheritance! The Prodigal had his reward after he left the will of his Father to go and live in promiscuity. Like those who pray on street corners in Babylon. They have their reward.

Concerning the Prodigal son, he only came to his sense's after his money ran out and he landed in the gutter pig pen conditions of mind body and soul. Only then did he decide to return to more amenable conditions at his Father house. In this respect he had learnt his bitter lesson through experience.

Having left home could perhaps be like us when we leave our first love. Having returned to move out of the pig pen to work our way home again does not mean we have yet met with our Father and repented and been restored to favor. We are still dead in our sins until made alive in Christ. Once we receive the Spirit of Christ we may begin our homeward journey. Is this perhaps what you mean? Do you mean you have received the Spirit of Christ and for this you believe you are on your way home no matter where you path leads?

I see our homeward journey arising from two possibilities. For me it may mean we go home only because we are still carnal and desire the comforts of less pain from recognising we have no resources of our own. I see many Babylonian leaders in this role. They make merchandise of the Word of God because it suits them, it appeases their consciences and deludes them into false cul-de-sacs of security and self approval and willful blindness. Or, we receive the Holy Spirit and are conceived and through repentance we grow in Spirit and in Truth towards home and into the image of Christ.

We know that our Lord never leaves or forsakes us even when we keep asking Him why as tears burn our eyes and the pain of broken dreams impale us. Yet He is with us writing our circumstances and making us into vessels for His honour or vessels of dishonour. Finding out which one we are being made into is where I believe the fear and trembling is appropriate. ;D :)

Peace be to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 08:48:40 AM »

Janice

Your post and observations highlight and underscore for me that we do not know if we are chosen while in this life. I think we may say with certainty that we are called yet many are called so there is no distinction in this. Not for me anyway.

We may hope, pray and carry our cross to that end of winning the prize but we do not have the certainty of our election until conclusion in judgment either on the House of God now through judgment in our daily lives or LOF once we have died.

You post emphasised for me that either way, we should not be so sure we are chosen but we can be sure we are called to that higher calling.  :)

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 11:45:18 AM »

Hi Arcturus :)

I will  only quote your the following portion of your ensightful comment.

Having left home could perhaps be like us when we leave our first love. Having returned to move out of the pig pen to work our way home again does not mean we have yet met with our Father and repented and been restored to favor. We are still dead in our sins until made alive in Christ. Once we receive the Spirit of Christ we may begin our homeward journey. Is this perhaps what you mean? Do you mean you have received the Spirit of Christ and for this you believe you are on your way home no matter where you path leads?

By no means am I saying that I have it all, infact perhaps the Spirit that I do have is as nothing compared to some, but it does not feel as nothing. As many will attest to here (I hope) the Spirit does change lives. It does not mean that life gets easier, or we remain in perfect health or find the perfect job (looking through carnal eyes) But be this as it may, life does get easier, (I am not driving, all I need to do is make some sense of where God is taking me, through prayer and spiritual discernemnt) Health must improve, even if only because it becomes less stressful (for who needs to worry about food, clothes or a place to sleep, will not God provide them) Lastly, perhaps the job that one is in is perfect, when viewed through spiritual eyes and it is realized that God has one there for a reason. Of course, one might see the complete opposite when given the eyes to see. :)

But my whole point is this, being found has nothing to do with being returned to favour or recieving what is yours. Rather, I am taking a very simplistic approach of being no longer lost. Of course I never was lost to God, but it wasn't until his Spirit openned my eyes and heart to him, that I was wandering aimlessly for naught. All I needed and need always is take his hand and follow, trusting that He will be with me always, no matter where He leads me in this life. I amd not LOST!  :) :)

Thanks Arcturus for allowing me to explain further :)

In the Love of Christ,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Good observation on the prodigal son, as you stated; Once we receive the Spirit of Christ we may begin our homeward journey.  we receive the Holy Spirit and are conceived and through repentance we grow in Spirit and in Truth towards home and into the image of Christ.  That does seem like what the elect are experiencing now, the juorney home.  

But I also agree with what you said in that we can't be sure; Yet He is with us writing our circumstances and making us into vessels for His honour or vessels of dishonour. Finding out which one we are being made into is where I believe the fear and trembling is appropriate.

Here is an excerpt from the lake of fire article no. 4 about the prodigalson;

http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html --------------------------------------
So here then is the order of things. The Prodigal Son SINNED, he was LOST, he spiritually DIED, and then? And then he was JUDGED! Where and when was he judged? In the hog pens of a far alien country, that’s where. God had to bring him out of this alien county (Mystery Babylon the Great) with all its "riotous living" (Luke 15:13). And so it was that God JUDGED this Prodigal with the beasts and swine of Babylon until he "came to himself."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we are 'lost' as long as we are in the pig pens - alien country - Babylon.  As the prodigal son was judged (1Pe 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God) and 'came to himself,' I think this is when God begot him with the Holy Spirit and he started his journey home.  The prodigal son was a type and shadow of what we must be  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 12:43:09 PM »

Thank you for adding Kat.

Ray writes : And so it was that God JUDGED this Prodigal with the beasts and swine of Babylon until he "came to himself."......

What does Ray mean by UNTIL? Does this mean judgment stopped once the Prodigal came to his senses and then judgment was discontinued to make for the prodigal to take up the batton and judge himself from then on.......?

As the scriptures say 1 Cor 11:31 For if we searchingly examined ourselves detecting our shortcomings and recognizing our own condition, we should not be judged and penalty decreed by the divine judgment.  32 But when we fall short and are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined and chastened, so that we may not finally be condemned with the world.

Personally I do not see how it is possible to be in the clear so to speak, regarding election in this life. Also I do not perceive that Ray would teach that judgment discontinues while anyone is still in their carnal flesh. We can know we are called but chosen?...not even Paul took that for granted.

Rightly or wrongly, I believe that the chosen will be revealed only when Christ returns because if we knew that, then we might fail to nurture our hope in Him and cease to grow, desire and pray to be found faithful to our calling.

Peace be to you

javajoe

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »

Janice

Your post and observations highlight and underscore for me that we do not know if we are chosen while in this life. I think we may say with certainty that we are called yet many are called so there is no distinction in this. Not for me anyway.

We may hope, pray and carry our cross to that end of winning the prize but we do not have the certainty of our election until conclusion in judgment either on the House of God now through judgment in our daily lives or LOF once we have died.

You post emphasised for me that either way, we should not be so sure we are chosen but we can be sure we are called to that higher calling.  :)

Peace to you

Arcturus,

Good post

yet I think we can be sure, I haven't arrived there yet.  Paul apparently did,

He writes in 2 Timothy, Chapter 4:

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing"[/color]

It also says in Scripture:

2 Peter 1:10

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,

Seems we can reach a point of assurance, may be it is a time near the end, as it was for Paul.

God Bless,

JavaJoe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »

Thank you javajoe

Yes, chosen is unto death and Paul had a magnificent track record and elected to be executed in Rome.

After Paul was equipped/caused to follow Christ to Paul's  own death, then he/Paul could rest assured of his election. He had come to the end of his journey and knew because the Spirit warned him that if he journey to Rome death would be waiting for him. All through Paul's letters prior to this, he does caution to  his flock. In fact he warned against being overly confident. Even Jesus said to his Disciples to take joy not in the fact that spirits were subject to them but that their names were recorded in Heaven.

Paul was Chosen and his life was a testimony to this fact.

If I am able to walk into the fire of execution for the cause of Christ because of Christ equipping me, then I too can be sure. I speak for myself. I am not there. Perhaps Paul also was not there when he begged God to take away the thorn in his side. He got there I believe at the end of his life when finally he could lay down his life in a option to go to Rome and be killed.

This finally was the victory I see in Paul's life. He was Gods own choice for the work HE did into which Paul was blessed to walk and imitate.

My hope and search is for that Kingdom too and to be equipped and not fail to stand as Paul was made not to fail to lay down his life too. It is not a trivial finale!

Peace be to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »

More light on this topic

Ray teaches :  Elect?
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:16:07 PM » 

Those whom God has foreordained to be the elect will always be the elect. The chosen elect cannot be lost.  But you and I do not know exactly who is and who isn't an elect. Only God's knows those who are His, and therefore, we can never let down our guard, because we might only think that we are elect.  I have seen and witnessed this with my own eyes where those who appeared to be elect, turned and now blaspheme the name of the Saviour they claimed to worship a short while back.
^
^
^
God be with you,
Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2059.0.html

Peace to you

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:59:20 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

You brought it to my attention, that the excerpt that I provided from Ray's article did say, The Prodigal Son SINNED, he was LOST, he spiritually DIED, and then? And then he was JUDGED! Where and when was he judged? In the hog pens of a far alien country, that’s where.  But I do not think he meant that it ended there.  Here is another excerpt from 'GEHENNA FIRE JUDGMENT.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm -------------------------------------------------

Jesus says that Gehenna fire is eonian, not eternal.... Now then if the fire is eonian for us.... We only go through God's Gehenna/eonian fire for our eon, our life. A man's life is an eon, his eon. So eonian fire cannot be eternal, or we, God's chosen Elect, would go through Gehenna fire for all eternity. Now then, since it is only a temporary fire for us, the very SAME fire can be only temporary for the rest of humanity as well. Truly, the Scriptures do not contradict.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to bring this forward because that one statement on the other post did not make it clear that we do, go through God's Gehenna/eonian fire for our eon, our life.  

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 06:30:19 PM »

That addition is what building up in Spirit and in Truth looks like for me.

That Scriptural insightful teaching via Ray fits perfectly Kat.

Peace to you

Gregor

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

Greetings,
Eph.3:8-12, NKJV, "To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all people see what is the fellowship (stewardship) of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the pricipalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him."

These verses are packed with truth. Paul is humble in spirit, clear in purpose, in Christ, with boldness and confidence. Where are the "heavenly places" if not in our very flesh? For God dwells in us, who are in Christ. The key again is "IN Christ" King David pleaded with the Lord not to take his Holy Spirit from him. This is something to ponder.
In the analogy of being lost, lost is only a condition of the mind. Once we have a guide to educate/lead us, or a "map" to follow, we are no longer "LOST." We are not at our ultimate destination, but as long as we follow the instructions, we too can be bold and confident (only by trusting in our guide) that we will reach our final destination. If we second guess our guide or map, we make the wrong decisions and risk finding ourselves lost again. This is why we must remain "IN" Christ.
God is omniscient, and omnipresent. He does know where we are and what we're thinking. He asks us questions in the bible, not for his sake, but for our sake - to open our eyes, our understanding, to to the pricipalities and powers in the heavenly places.

Truly, God is revealing Himself to us! The "Elect" by default, are elected, by God. We can all run for office, but only God Himself has the power to give us that title. He chooses us, by his grace.

G.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 02:51:45 AM »

Hello Gregor

Thank you for your view from where you stand. It is always refreshing to see the magnificence of Christ from a diversity of perspectives. Rather like looking at a diamond from one side and seeing it refract a dazzling blue light and another brother or sister sees it from where they stand and report seeing a magnificent purple or golden light.

You say : This is why we must remain "IN" Christ.

For me we are powerless to obey or follow or must unless as you observe, God provides us the Grace (Divine influence on our heart...ref: Ray's teachings regarding Grace June 3, 2007 Saved by Grace through Faith
http://bible-truths.com/audio/6-03-07.mp3 ...we are without any goodness or strength to proceed. Hence your post for me underscores our absolute dependence on His Faith and the Goodness and Power, Sovereignty and Purposes of God.

Col 1 : 4 For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, the leaning of your entire human personality on Him in absolute trust and confidence in HIS Power, Wisdom, and Goodness, and of the love which you have and show for all the saints, God's consecrated ones.

This shines through your post as revealing that God desires us to know the difference between good and evil and any help towards that end is form me Godly inspiration and encouragement. We know we are all still a work in progress.

Gen 3 : 22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil....

Your vantage point that sees the principalities within and as you point this out it reveals the purpose of God beautifully for me that we come to know, comprehend and understand HIM. Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life.

I see it like this. The Beast is within us all and is killed off only in the end works of Christ at our resurrection or bit by bit through our life times under the fire of judgment that only terminates with our death. For me that shows God Himself at work in us through us and for us. After the last Trump some will have access to the Tree of Life that IS for me, Jesus Christ and will be shown to be like Him in His image once He returns and we see Him as He is.

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:02:59 AM by Arcturus »

DuluthGA

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:30 PM »

Thanks Arcturus,

Now that you mention the emphasis you see... I now see it too:  :)

Add to this what Kat said then quoted you:  "But I also agree with what you said in that..."
...we can't be sure; Yet He is with us writing our circumstances and making us into vessels for His honour or vessels of dishonour. Finding out which one we are being made into is where I believe the fear and trembling is appropriate.

What I think may throw some people off is where writers like Ray, and of course many others, use the phrase "we the elect" such as found in Ray's quote that Kat posted:

So eonian fire cannot be eternal, or we, God's chosen Elect, would go through Gehenna fire for all eternity.

I believe this is for the sake of ease in writing style and carries the implication that THIS IS A PROCESS UNTO THE END.  Righto?

Good analogy and post Gregor, For myself, I would just switcheroo "This is why we must remain "IN" Christ" to "this is why Christ must remain in us", simply for my own clarity as there is essentially nothing I can do myself to garner His favor.

Thanks also for your comments Moises..... and you are inquiring more about self-judgment... hmmmm...  Good question, and just to start you in a good direction, here is one of Ray's main papers on the subject in his Lake of Fire series, Judgment by Fire Must Begin at the House of God: 
http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

Thanks all -- good thread!  :)
Janice

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

Hello Janice

You observe : What I think may throw some people off is where writers like Ray, and of course many others, use the phrase "we the elect" such as found in Ray's quote that Kat posted:

So eonian fire cannot be eternal, or we, God's chosen Elect, would go through Gehenna fire for all eternity.

I believe this is for the sake of ease in writing style and carries the implication that THIS IS A PROCESS UNTO THE END.  Righto?

Yes. I believe you have identified not only a possible pit fall into wrong comprehension that might catch the imagination and stoke the pride of some of the less mature students of the Word of God,  but this observation also shows a mature understanding of Gods process, ways, truths and life that are most beneficially and accurately taught via Ray.

As Ray says :

....you and I do not know exactly who is and who isn't an elect. Only God's knows those who are His....http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2059.0.html

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:19:00 PM by Arcturus »

Gregor

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 08:03:43 PM »

Greetings Janice,
You said (as it echo's many people's belief), "Good analogy and post Gregor, For myself, I would just switcheroo "This is why we must remain "IN" Christ" to "this is why Christ must remain in us", simply for my own clarity as there is essentially nothing I can do myself to garner His favor."

I disagree somewhat. I think many are confusing the idea between choice and "free-will". Ray made a comparison of us to a computer, in that, we can make choices based on what has been programmed in. Like you said, as long as Christ remains in us (ie. programmed in) we can choose to be obedient or not by the power of His indwelling Spirit. We are commanded to keep His commandments, and thus we are accountible and thus "garner his favor."

John 15:5,10, NKJV "5. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing...10. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."

So I view it as a partnership of sorts. We become one by keeping his commandments. Like a computer, regardless of what's been programmed in, if you unplug it from the power source, it just won't work. Just something to ponder.
All the best,
G.

sonofone

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 10:12:08 PM »

I hate to chime in here in the middle of this discourse,Nonetheless here I go.Why fear or tremble over what you cannot control? If you play no part in Gods plan, why do anything?Fear,trembling worrying,pondering does nothing if God has not made you elect,or chosen.I have to side with Gregor here we are accountable.By and through the spirit we can make choices to follow God,and work out our soul salvation with fear and trembling,by consciously making the choice to remain in Christ IE following or walking after the spirit.

Kat

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

Hi Moises,

You stated;
That’s what I have seen so far and I am not sure I could see my self right now considering my self a chosen while I am very busy trying to judge my self often.

I think you have a very good attitude.  It is hard to put a title on ones self, as to be the chosen, elect, saint, believer, but I think we can come to understand if we are a disciple/learner.

It seems to me that quite a few have their eyes opened, the thing that is the determining factor is enduring to the end.  As Paul said we must press on toward the calling of God in Jesus Christ.

Phi 3:12  Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
v. 13  Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
v. 14  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
v. 15  Let those of us who are mature be thus minded; and if in anything you are otherwise minded, God will reveal that also to you.

Here is excerpts from the lake of fire article no. 8, it has a good bit about being chosen.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html -------------------

Let me first state that there is an order in the process of being called to Sonship. First you are called, and then you are chosen from among the called. And we have already learned that the "chosen" are also the "few." Quite frankly, not unlike a casting call. Many are called to come to the casting rehearsal, but only a relative few will be chosen for the actual performance. Which are you? I will not be your personal judge, however, as we progress in this series, you will be confronted with dozens of Scriptures by which you can JUDGE YOURSELF by the aid of God’s Spirit.
v
v
THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many [some, but not many] wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

But God has chosen the foolish things [many translations do not insert the word "things" in these verses] of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And the base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:26-29).

So we see that God calls MOSTLY those who are: weak, base, despised, nothings! Are we to believe that God is going to build a SPIRITUAL ARMY of Sons and Daughters by which He will conquer and SAVE THE WORLD?

Hard to believe, isn’t it? I think we can all agree that there is a great deal of work to be done with and to these "nothings of the world" whom God is calling to such a formidable, once-in-an-eternity task!

But of the "many called," we are told, "few are chosen" (Matt. 20:16). Why is that? God has intended it to be such. We are given the parable of the "sower of seed" where much of the seed fell by the side of the tilled soil, and the birds ate it; some had no depth and withered in the sun; still more fell among thorns and were chocked, but some fell upon good soil and produced much fruit. Many seed are sown, but few seed produce good fruit. "Seed" we see everywhere in the Church; "fruit" of God’s spirit is more rare. These few have the added designation of:

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

These are the "very elect" who cannot be deceived any longer by the Great Whore, "Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, and the Abominations of the earth."

One more important verse regarding our calling, that I will cite out of the Concordant Literal New Testament because I believe they translate the Greek aorist tense properly, whereas the King James uses the past tense:

"Now we are aware that GOD [it is unfortunate that the King James leaves out "God" even though it is in the manuscripts. Most translations do put "God" in this opening phrase. Things don’t just ‘work’ together without GOD doing the ‘working’] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are [being] called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls [not ‘called’ as all are NOT YET called, it is the aorist tense] also, and whom He calls, these He justifies, also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28:30).

Now, pay attention: All which God foreknew, He then designates beforehand (He hand-picks them, if you will). And therefore, since He has already designated them beforehand, when they are born in whatever generation God designates; He then calls them. Now it is true that God calls MANY OTHERS whom He has NOT designated to be "conformed to the image of His Son" AT THE TIME that each generation appears in history.

There are many more "called" in each generation than are actually, "chosen" to be conformed to the image of His Son at that time.
v
v
We need to get very serious for a moment. Salvation culminates for the believer in the First Resurrection to spiritual life and immortality. However, before that time, during the life of each believer, there are warnings in the Scriptures about ways that one can become disqualified from being in the first resurrection. Let’s notice just a few of them:

1. "Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed LEST HE FALL" (I Cor. 11:4).

2. "If they should FALL AWAY, to renew them again unto repentance…" (Heb. 6:6), and

3. "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

4. "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4).

5. "Looking diligently lest any man FAIL OF THE GRACE of God…" (Heb. 12:15).

6. "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY" (Luke 8:13).

7. "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first…" (II The. 2:3).

8. "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should A CASTAWAY [Gk: disqualified]" (I Cor. 9:27).

9. "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (I Tim. 4:1).

10. "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the LATTER END IS WORSE WITH THEM THAN THE BEGINNING [before they were converted]. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, TO TURN FROM the holy commandment delivered unto them" (II Peter 2:20-21).

11. "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough [having begun to follow Christ] and looking back [desiring his old sinful life again] IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD" (Luke 9:62).
Don’t think that these verses were written in vain. Jesus said that "many" would say to Him in that day, "Lord, Lord…," but Jesus will tell them to "depart." It is not enough to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and go no further. You must continue growing spiritually. We must CONTINUE following Christ all the days of our life.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If you CONTINUE in My word, then are you my disciples indeed" (John 8:31).
V
v
Jesus Christ overcame EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD, INCLUDING THE WORLD! And here is God’s command to the believer who would become an overcomer and conqueror in Christ Jesus:
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world, If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world [which MUST be overcome and conquered!]" (I John 2:15-16).
We are to also "overcome the world" just as Jesus did. Not by ourselves, but by Jesus "Christ IN us, the hope of GLORY." Christ lives His life IN the believer, and in the believer Christ will, "overcome the world," over and over again in each new believer. And then one day, Jesus Christ will say to YOU, "Sit with Me on My throne—We are going to save the Universe together."
------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.