bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis 1  (Read 4939 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Genesis 1
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:02:12 AM »

Hi Ray

Greetings from UK again. I have a question regarding Genesis 1 and the different stages in the creation story. In the audio you state that the scriptures say 'it was good ' or 'it was so' except when it came to the creation of man who is being formed into the image and likeness of God.

I beleive that now and it makes a lot of sense , however verse 31 seems to undermine that argument stating.

And God saw everything that he made and behold it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day

It could be argued by some ,that everything must include Adam also and that God would not create a weak human and still descibe it as very good. How do I counter this. ?

regards

Dave

Dear Dave:  Actually there are two statements made after the different phases of creation, and if you pay closer attention, it was the phrase "and it was SO," that I was emphasizing with respect to the creation of humanity "in Our Image." "And it was SO" (Gen. 1:7); "and it was so" (Verse 9); "and it was so" (Verse 11); "and it was so" (Verse 15);  "and it was so" (Verse 24);  and "it was so" (Verse 30), but it says NOTHING regarding "it was so" in Verses 26 & 27.  Of course, "it was ALL good," but it was not all "so" as stated. Even the lying, murdering serpent which was already created was "very good" for the purpose for which he was created.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.