bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Physical or Spiritual?  (Read 6084 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Physical or Spiritual?
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »

I believe Jesus rose in a spiritual body because of 1st Corinthians 15 and I also believe we will rise in a spiritual body, but I am a little confused. When Jesus rose from the dead His earthly body was gone, and the disciples were able to see and touch the holes in his hands, feat, and sides.
Luke 24:39 - Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
[40] And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
[41] And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
[42] And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
[43] And he took it, and did eat before them.

Please explain this to me.

Dear Miykael:
Yes, Jesus was raised with a spiritual body, however, those who are born of the spirit are "like the wind" (John 3:08). In order for Jesus to prove that He was the same Jesus that was crucified, He had to manifest Himself in a physical manner for His disciples to see Him.  He manifested Himself to the two men on the road to Emmaus in a physical body;  He manifested Himself to the women in the Garden as the Gardner; He manifested Himself on the lakeside as a yet another body. Jesus was able to "appear in ANOTHER form" from His real spiritual body (Mark 16:12).  And He appeared behind closed doors to his Apostles in the same body with which He was crucified (John 20:19-29).

God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:29:14 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.