bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 To 1  (Read 7985 times)

skydreamers

Re: 100 To 1
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »

Hi sonofone,

My prayers are with you.  This may indeed cause problems from your wife's point of view, but how you handle it could also soften her heart to your position if it be indeed in God's will.  I pray God give you wisdom to handle this in Christ's love.  You will have to be strong and stay true to where God is calling you.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

I pray your wife will see that you are only attempting to fulfill your spiritual duty to stay true to Christ and set an example for her to follow.

Peace and God's blessings to you,
Diana

Kat

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »

Hi sonofone,

It seems to me your wife is desiring for the church to be the central means of unity for the family.  She sees only the good in the church and is blind to reality, but you know the truth.  I don't think she is seeking God, but the church fellowship and activities and wanting it to serve as a means for the family to be unitied. She may not give up this dream of hers and when you leave the church, it will be determental to her hope of what she sees as a good and proper church centered family.
I think you are seeking to serve God with your whole heart and you know that must come first and God will take care of the rest.  But I hope you will do everything within reason to let your wife know you are concerned with her happiness and want your marriage to work.  Hopefully God will let her see that you are striving to do outside of the church, what she is pinning her hopes on the church doing. 
There are many marriages that do work out, even being unequally yolked, mine is one.  It is a struggle though, knowing they are blind and living in deception.  But maybe that is a trial some of us have to bear.
I will be praying for you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

sonofone

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 02:30:57 PM »

Thanks Kat, I believed you nailed my situation exactly. My wife wants to do what she thinks is right. This for her is going to church. I don't mean to sound mean or judgemental but I live with my wife. I can not discern that she has ever even repented of her sins and statred a relationship with God. She does not pray,read her bible.She relies on church attendance to define her goodness. I have a hard time talking with her about anything spiritual,she gets bored and distracted and overwhelmed. She likes to say I don't know as much as you,which is nonsense. Babes in Christ are hungry for the word,more so than old dogs like me. I don't study half as much as I did when I first came to God. Like infants who require feedings every four hours,her infancy in Christ should result in her hungering after the things of God. If church is going to be the substitute for relationship she is in big trouble. As for our marriage,she is the one that makes this into the be all to end all. I end up feeling bad for her,because I see that I am not what she wants.That is I am not a superficial church goer. I want God and him alone. I can take or tolerate the church to a point,but I need God.Unlike her I understand the difference between the two. I believe that God is giving her time to grow,while he is allowing me to attend this church,but when God says I can leave, I am gone and the chips will have to fall as they may.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.