bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melchezideck  (Read 6046 times)

sonofone

Melchezideck
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:36:29 PM »

Does Ray happen to have any teachings on Melchezidek? I've been looking into to it lately but wanted to know if there were any teachings out there before I post my thoughts.

Kat

Re: Melchezideck
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 01:00:50 AM »

Hi sonofone,

There is a few mentions of Melchizedek in the Ray's tithing paper.  I brought these excerpts where he is mentioned.

http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html ------------------------------

Gen. 14:20, "And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he [Abram] gave him [Melchizedek king of Salem, the priest of the most high God, Ver. 18] TITHES of all [all the goods of war, Ver. 16]."
v
v
In this, the first mention of tithing in the Bible, Abram gives to Melchizedek (a priest of God who was also the king of the city of Salem) a tithe of the best of the booty taken in war. Notice that this was not wheat, corn, wine, oil, or cattle from Abram’s personal possessions, but rather booty taken from conquered nations.
v
v
There is nothing stated here that would cause us to conclude that Abram (later changed to Abraham) ever tithed on a regular basis on his own person possessions. Although Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe of the booty of war, he told the king of Sodom that he would take none of it for himself.

In this same account recorded in the seventh chapter of Hebrews, we learn that the priests of Levi, from the family of Aaron (although far inferior to the priestly order of Melchizedek) also receive tithes from the people according to the law.
v
v
Now in order to be a priest one not only had to be of the tribe of Levi, but he also had to be of the family of Aaron. In fact, if one could not trace his genealogy back to the family of Aaron, he could not be a priest of God. This is the whole point of Hebrews seven. Jesus Christ is a priest for the eons of the rank of Melchizedek because Melchizedek predated the law which stated that only sons of Aaron could be priests. Therefore Melchizedek’s genealogy is not given in the Scriptures, and Christ, who according to the flesh is of the line of Judah, can and will be God’s High Priest in the Kingdom of God.
------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:00:27 AM by Kat »

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:50:37 AM »

Hello Kat, and amen to Ray’s article. I really gleaned a lot from that article months ago. It was right on time. It was at the time I think in January before I had posted my first time on forum which (what I posted) turned out to be very controversial. Anyway, I was becoming somewhat disheartened because no one had heard of such a message as this (New Testament saints not under tithing system) as far as I could see. I had been standing with this message for like the past 10 or 11 years leaving articles in reference taped to church doors and windows. It was something placed in my heart. I thought it was my baby. Well, needless to say I really gleaned even more insight after reading Ray’s article. It was truly a blessing and right on time. After awhile of reading at Ray’s site, I became a little envious with how God was using him. I was chastened and God showed me that in the body, it’s Him that determines how each and every member is used. I don’t take for granted, and keep me in prayer, of how much or how little God through His Holy Spirit chooses to use me or anyone else anymore. I just love the byproduct of God’s Love (joy and peace).

Before I go off or any further, I would just like to make a statement or more rather ask a rhetorical question in regard to this issue surrounding Melchisedec. Whose name did THE CHRIST come in? Was it Melchizedek?       

Bradigans

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:10:04 AM »

Christ came in the name of Jesus. Matthew 16:18 - And upon this rock {What rock? Jesus is the chief cornerstone Ephesians 2:20} I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Did that rock (Jesus) ever require a tithe of His disciples? Did any of His holy apostles ever require a tithe of His disciples? 

sonofone

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »

What seemed to have been an innocuous business transaction,has turned into a pivotal event the lynch pin if you would to the authority of Jesus priesthood. It has also become the stumbling block to the masses.For all of my christian life Melchizedek was an enigma wrapped around an unsolvable mystery.The King-Priest, Without Father or Mother.neither beginning of days or end of life. but made like unto the son of God. Whoa spooky!Now consider how great this man was!I always thought that he was some mysterious priest of God or a shadow of Jesus. To find out here in recent days that he was just a Gentile King-Priest. To find out that he the man, was of no great significance is sad. No one ever taught me who this man was.As I said it was only after researching the issue of tithes,that I began to seek information as to who he was. Seek and you shall find.I read a book on a website titled: should the church teach tithing .com and there it was.I suggest that anyone who has not been to this site and desires an in depth study on Melchizedek go there to find out some interesting info on him.It was there that I found out as Ray has already stated that no beginning of days,without Father and Mother simply meant no genealogy.Not that he was some sort of mysterious Priest. and as Ray has so simply put it his only true significance lies in establishing the Priesthood of Jesus.Post already provided by Kat. I will say this though the writer of Hebrews does make a direct line from the tithe of Abraham to the tithe of the Levis.Hebrews chp 7 vs 9-10 One might even say that Levi who collects the tenth,paid the tenth through Abraham,because when Melchizedek met Abraham,Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. Thus the stumbling block of the masses. When you consider this direct tie in it leaves room for the argument that Abraham paid tithes as the people of Israel did, and more importantly if Melchizedek was a type of Christ that he paid tithes to Jesus,and if he paid tithes to Jesus which is an eternal priesthood,who are we stop paying tithes now.I don't subscribe to this line of thinking but I can see how a person not intending to could stumble over this passage of scripture,eventhough the whole point of these verses were not intended to teach the eternal doctrine of tithing but the validity of Jesus Priesthood.Isaiah 8 vs14-15And he shall be for a sanctuary;but for a stone of stumbling,and for a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel,for a trap and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalemand many among them shall stumble,and fall,and be broken and be snared and taken.Isn't it amazing how Jesus keeps being a stumblingblock to the many!! I am conviced that this word is loaded with both precious jewels or truths but also boobytraps and snares.Romans 9vs 31-33 But Israel,who followed after the law of righteousness,hath not attained to the law of righteousness.Why?Because they sought it not by faith,If You come in any other way you get a booby trap,But as it were by works of the law.for they stumbled at that stumbling stone ( JESUS) As it is written,behold I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense;and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. God is awesome!!

rjsurfs

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 07:35:57 PM »

I found this post to be interesting regarding Melchezideck.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4925.0.html

An excerpt:

The "change in the law" had to do with Christ being now our High Priest, although He did NOT becomes a priest after the line of Levi/Aaron which was what THE LAW stipulated.  Melchizedek was the HIGH PRIEST of the Canaanites (call the priest of the most high El--god, the Canaanite god Baal).  This priest had the power and authority to TAX Abraham a tenth of all the spoils of war under his jurisdiction.  Heb. 7:6 should read: "Yet he [Melchizedek] who is not of their genealogy has TITHED Abraham...." (See, Concordant Literal New Testament).  Who do you mean Melchizedek "tithed" Abraham? He TAXED him.  Jehovay God Almighty never requested ten percent of the pagan junk from war.  Since when would God or HIS high priest desire the pagan gold and silver of Sodom. Give me a break.  Was Abraham more righteous than GOD, in that he would not even touch the pagan belongings of Sodom? Did God say, "Oh, but I WANT IT, and I want 10% of the BEST of the spoi ls?"  It's almost blasphemy.

Bobby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.