bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Living in the Spirit vs. Walking in the Spirit  (Read 10845 times)

jER

Re: Living in the Spirit vs. Walking in the Spirit
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 02:51:22 AM »

ALL true believer’s have the Spirit of Christ in them.

WALKING IN THE SPIRIT SCRIPTURES (below - those contrasting the flesh):

John 3:6 -That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 7:39 - But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1Co 2:12 - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2Co 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ga 3:3 - Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Ga 4:6 - And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Eph 1:13 - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.

Eph 2:18 - For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:22 - In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Eph 3:16 - That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.

Eph 4:30 - And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Eph 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.

Col 1:27 - To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

Gal 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

John 15:4 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:7- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you (see John 6:63), ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John15:11 - These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Ro 8:9 - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:10 - And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Romans 8:11 - But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:14 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:26 - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Co 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 6:19 - What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co 13:5 - Examine, yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Eph 4:6 - One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Php 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2Th 1:12 -That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Phm 1:6 -That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

1John 4:4 -Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

SCRIPTURES regarding the FLESH:

Mt 26:41 - Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

John 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:5 - For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Romans 7:18 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 8:1 -There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:3 - For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 8:4 - That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5 - For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7 - Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. [the carnal...: Gr. the minding of the flesh]

Romans 8:8 - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:9 - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Romans 8:12 - Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Romans 8:13 - For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 13:14 - But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1Co 1:26-29 - For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 15:50 - Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

2Co 7:1 - Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2Co 10:3-5 - For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

Ga 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Ga 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ga 3:3 - Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Ga 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Ga 5:16-17 - This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Ga 5:19 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Ga 5:24 - And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (or, passions).

Ga 6:8 - For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Eph 2:3 - Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Php 3:3 - For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and…

have no confidence in the flesh.

- jER

"Until we all reach unity in the faith, and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."  (Ephesians 4:13)

insanezenmistress

Re: Living in the Spirit vs. Walking in the Spirit
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »

What amazes me is when a non believer will stay up all night with a friend who is contemplating suicide and just hold them, and protect them, and care for them;

when a stranger steps in front of a car to save a person they don't even know,

when a stranger dives into icy waters to save a drowning person,

when a mom who has lost her child from cancer and is in unbelievable pain will be comforted, be held, loved, brought food for dinners; etc.,

when a person carries groceries for an old woman struggling to get out of the grocery store.  

are these acts of "tree of knowledge of good and evil??, or agape love??

THESE ARE ACTS OF COMPASSION AND LOVING. THEY ARE DONE FORM THE HUMAN'S CONCERN FOR OTHERS-from the fruit of good, aspireing to agape- love without "self concern- from the fruit of evil"

some of the struggles i am going through in understanding God's love, and the work of the spirit??  

And where is the gifts of the spirit??  do we really see prophecies that are true??  Are healings true??  Tongues has been refuted by Ray as false??  Why are there no more books of the bible being written??  

TAKE A MOMENT AND PONDER....THESE THINGS MAY BE TRUE, THERE IS MUCH MORE IN THE WORLD THAN ANY OF US WILL EVER EXPLAIN.iF YOU LOOK YOU WILL FIND TRUE STORIES AND FRAUD STORIES. WITH THE TRUE YOU CANT SEE IT COMMING, WITH THE FALSE IT IS PREFORMED, AND THERE ARE MANY OF THEM TO READ.
      THE GIFTS ARE WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, FAITH, PROPHECY, LOVE, DISERNMENT, .....AND OH YEA.......TOUNGES.  iF YOU WANT TO BABBLE TO GOD GO AHEAD, IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO OTHERS , HAVE AN INTERPRETER. GOD'S LOVE IS INCOMPREHENCIBLE, IT TAKES ALL THESES GIFTS TO DISCOVER THE DEEP MYSTERIES.

We call things we do as acts of the spirit??  how do we really know??  

WHEN ACTING IN SPIRIT WE ARE FULLING GIVING OUR INVOLVMENT. TO HOLD THAT HAND WITH LOVE, TO HELP THAT SWEET LADY GET HOME, TO CARE ABOTU HER NEEDS AND HER CONVERSATION.....AND ALSO WE PRAY FOR HER BECAUSE GOD IS ALREADY WALKING WITH YOU AND HER.

Sorry for rambling, like i said some personal questions/struggles i go through.

YOUR RAMBLEING IS SEEKING FOR UNDERSTANDING......BETTER THEN PLUGGING UP SPIRIT WITH WORDS.

Justine
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.