bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5499 times)

dessa

« on: September 28, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »

Hello from North Carolina.  I  am brand new to this or any other forum! 

If I were younger I would want to attend the upcoming meeting.  Perhaps there will be talk later about what was experienced at this get together.

Shalom

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »

We try and record each meeting. So you can at least hear that. And I'm sure others will talk about what it was like.

Welcome to the forum!

Dennis

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 12:35:36 PM »

Hi dessa,

I am glad you have joined us here  :)
Don't worry about this being your first forum.  Just look around and check out things.  If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask, we have a personal message (pm) function you can use by clicking on anybodies name, scroll down and you will see 'Send this member a personal message' just click there and then you can type up your message.  We have a number of different board to choose from, that you see when you sign in, check them all out.  This is the link to the info board that might be of some help http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

I'm sure those that do attend will have things to share after the conference.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

sonofone

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 03:19:24 PM »

Hey Dessa! This is Steve from guess where? Kinston,North Carolina!!! Welcome,Welcome,Welcome! I am glad to hear from someone from my home state as I guess you have probably figured out by now. Look forward to getting to know you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 06:11:52 PM »

Hello Dessa

This is the only Forum I too have ever joined. I live in South Africa and up till now have not had the opportunity of joining any Conferences or Bible studies but I have enjoyed eating up every word that is generously provided  through the audios.

Welcome to the one and only Forum. This Forum is like Noah's Arc for me! Outside there is not much to swim for.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

DuluthGA

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »

WELCOME DESSA from Atlanta!

Glad you joined us!

With joy,  :)
Janice

iris

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

Welcome Dessa

Peace and Love
Iris

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:54:42 PM »

Welcome Dessa from another older gentleman.

I'm from Northern Indiana and come from a farming family.

My Granddad was born in 1862, my Dad in 1903 and myself in 1935.
So, we pretty much covered all the recent history of the U. S.

My wife Doris and I have had 46 years together and she is a believer too.
Doris has a wait and see approach to religion, but since our eldest daughter understands what we are learning on Bible Truths, Doris is very approachable and cooperative.

We have four children from age 37 to 45 and they all support our beliefs even though they have their own understanding and individual interests.

Please write often and share as much as is comfortable for you.

Bob Breyfogle
Culver, Indiana 46511

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »

Hi there Dessa,

Welcome to the forum! It's really great to meet you. Have a good look around and let us know more about you!

Ursula

skydreamers

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 06:42:14 PM »

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »

Welcome to BT forum Dessa.

Look forward to your posts. Do not worry or feel overwhelmed by all the things you see or hear here. We were all new to forum life not too long ago

God has caught all of us in His blessed net

Beloved

Hint
Since I am real good at losing my post. I recommend writing your reply  in Word or Wordperfect and save it then copy it to the reply area. You can do all the editing (bold underline etc) here.

gmik

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »

Welcome Dessa. 

Gregor will be happy that you posted your picture.  Have you checked out the Who Am I section.  You will meet several of us.

Please join in.

I am from Kentucky but live in Michigan.  My brother in law lives in Greensboro and my half-sister lives in Charlotte.  I LOVE North Carolina. I even love Boone! (inside joke if you follow football).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:38:51 PM by gmik »

Sue Creamer

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »

Welcome Dessa!!!
Greetings from Maryland...

peace, love
Sue Ann

dawnnnny

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

Welcome to the forum Dessa!
My mom's family is from North Carolina and she was born in Aydlette (sp?).
My aunts lived in Poplar Branch.  It's a pretty area, I remember visiting in 1972.
It's nice to see your picture too! 
Again, welcome...welcome...welcome!!!
Love,
Dawn

Grateful

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »

Helloooo, Dessa!

I've been wanting to Email you ever since I saw you appear online, and here I am finally!   

A heartfelt WELCOME  to you!!  :)

So you're from North Carolina!  My younger twin girl and her husband were once stationed at Camp LeJeune, in the Marines (he spent 7 months in Iraq while she was pregnant with their 1st child, and I got to be there when the baby, Logan, was born in So. Calif.  --  he didn't get to see his firstborn until  2 1/2 months later, on Good Friday, 2005, a VERY HAPPY day for the 3 of them, in Camp Pendleton, CA !!!    :D  :D  :D )

I look forward to hearing more from you!  I too wish I could go to the BT Conferences, but I cannot fly anymore, due to an inner-ear problem & its consequent vertigo.  I am also deaf, but have a cochlear implant, and CAN hear much better than I could with hearing aids all my life ever since I was 3 1/2 years old (although I STILL read lips mostly, out of sheer HABIT!  Ha!   I'd sure like to be able to understand speech without lipreading, using my implant, but old habits are hard to break!   I get a kick out of this saying I read somewhere :   "To break a habit, DROP IT!!"  It's easier said than done!!   :D  ;D )

Have yourself a lovely day, Dessa, and be BLESSED by Him Who LOVES you,

Linda

hbs

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 10:26:06 PM »

Hi,
I am hbs from Missouri.  I am trying to learn how to do this forum.  I wanted to thank you for welcoming me.

Thanks,
hbs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.