bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Question  (Read 11624 times)

Harryfeat

Re: Great Question
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 04:04:42 PM »

Hello Harryfeat

I find it stange that you omit the following scripture in your sumation that says you find no proof that Judas did not recieve the Holy Spirit. Here is the proof. Here is Jesus Christ speaking to the Father....

John 17 : 12  While I was with them I kept and preserved them in Your Name, in the knowledge and worship of You. THOSE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME I guarded ( Did not Jesus pray for Peter adivsing him that Satan desired to sift him like wheat but that He Jesus Had prayed for Peter? ) and protected (When Satan entered Judas did Jesus protect him? No. He bid him to do quickly what he had to do.) and not one of THEM has perished or is lost EXCEPT THE SON OF PERDITION JUDAS ISCARIOT  - the  one who is now doomed to destruction, destined to be lost, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus said it. It is true. Those who God gives, drags to Christ, are those God selects for Christ to conform to His image by and through His Spirit. Those who are NOT dragged or given to Christ BY GOD, (not given by the preacher, the Priest, an eleven second sinners prayer or the representitive of Harlot Babylon,) but given by God...are those for whom Jesus prayed.

I have no reason to believe that Judas will  not have to face the LOF White Throne judgment to be purified and sanctified and eventually saved. I bleive the proof of this is in the statements recorded for us in the word of God and spoken to God by Christ Himself.

Peace be to you
Arcturus
Hello Arcturus,

Please be at peace.

I respect and take into consideration your judgments and opinions but view them only as such.  You might be right about Judas  or you might be absolutely wrong.  I for one don't really know his destiny.  Given scriptural evidence I also see that it seems to make a strong case in favor of your opinion. However, how do we know that the extreme mental agony which drove him to madness and suicide was not his LOF.
We all sin.  We are hopefully going through our LOF in this life. Who is to say that Judas torment is not a shadow of this?

I would caution you to read and understand a post before you start making false accusations.  If you go back to my post you will note that not only did I quote john 17:12 but I also said  it was more damaging evidence to consider and even underlined the part of John 17:12 pertaining to Judas.

The verses  I quoted were from CLV and didn't include the additions of your post. John 17 seems to me to be Jesus prayer to the Father to keep safe those apostles left in the world.  I didn't discern from those verses that Judas did not receive the Holy Spirit before his death.  He may not have for all I can tell.  However, the whole message of John 17 tells me that Judas was truly one of the chosen.  He was loved just as the other apostles. Jesus kept him like the others until the devil entered him.  No Jesus didn't stop it because it had be foredestined to be.  Reading that one of them "perished" didn't say that he did not receive the Holy Spirit before his death.  Judas was no longer alive with the rest of the apostles to go and preach the gospel.
You may be right in your interpretation that it means he died without receiving the spirit but then again you may be wrong.

be blessed,
feat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:17 PM »

Hello feat

You ask : how do we know that the extreme mental agony which drove him to madness and suicide was not his LOF. We all sin.  We are hopefully going through our LOF in this life.  

I do not believe that a tormenting end to life is the fix for a life time of rebellion and ungodliness. I do not believe that God instills His Spirit of Wisdom, Knowledge, Council, Understanding, Power and Love, without fruit.

To say or believe or teach that God terminates life in a anguished and horrible way as a means for us to avoid repentance, separation from sin and finally sanctification and through judgment righteousness, is to say, for me, that God is a terrorist and forces through pain, our submission and servitude to Him. That for me is heresy. God is a God of freedom not bondage.

On the surface, this assumption that pain in the last phase of life is Gods way of ending our sins and changing our souls is without substance or support of the Scriptures as I understand this. I do concure that it is a temptation to think that the suffering that some endure in the end of their lives is judgement but I also see that the scriptures also say as you sow so you reap. If we reap bad does that mean we learn good?

For me, Jesus did not pray for Judas. Judas was destined for destruction. The children of God are not going to experience the wrath of God. That's Gods Word.   It is fact not fiction. It is Truth not deception. It is the way of God not man. It is how God has expressed Himself through His Word and this is either received or rejected depending on which way we see is wiser, holier or better suited to us.

I did not make false accusations. I answered your post. Indeed I did miss that you had quoted John 17 : 12 but let me ask you, Why do you consider John 17 : 12 as you say as "damaging evidence to consider "? I do not find the word of God damaging evidence but enlightening instruction.

You say regarding John 17 : 12 I didn't discern from those verses that Judas did not receive the Holy Spirit before his death.

Let me understand this. So if I am to take what you say above as realistic or as the truth, then the next conclusion I would come to from what you say is that if you have the Holy Spirit in you, you can commit suicide and handle your issues like a carnal man?  Is this your point? This is not a judgment it is a question that arises out of this as a conclusion that perhaps you would like to defend or explain. I can not defend it or explain how a person can receive the Holy Spirit of Christ and then kill themselves. Also if you return to the teachings about salvation. Non are saved in this life time. Non are born again but some can recieve the Holy Spirit not in full but in part and there after the life of trial and testing and judgment occures as it did with Paul who ran and finished his race. Paul did not commit suicide either. Thy shalt not kill. Who are Gods children. Those who do the commands of Christ and will of the Father. Death is not the Will of the Father. Death is the last enemy that will be conquered.

You say of Judas that :   Jesus kept him like the others until the devil entered him.

That is NOT what Jesus said to God feat. Jesus did not say to God that He had kept all until Satan entered Judas. Was Satan more powerful than God? Could Jesus not have done anything for Judas to prevent Satan from possessing him? Did Jesus not KNOW at the supper who was going to betray Him? Did not Jesus KNOW why He came to the earth and exactly what would happen? Was He not aware of His destiny and Reason and Purpose and Plan of His Father even as a child when He told His parents that He was about His Fathers business?

No feat. I can not believe that Judas was at the last moment let go by Jesus and that Judas was pulled straight by God imposing on him his horrible way out of his treachery, cowardace that no doubt was his spiritually weak nature that for me must have continued to be all through out his life that culminated in his self annihilation and murder turned on himself. Show me a scripture that proves this is in error. Show me where Jesus said to God that He lost hold of Judas and that Judas was not from the beginning and to fulfill the scriptures, the betrayer.  I believe Judas was hardened and spiritually weak and blind and had the literal experience of walking with God's Son yet being deaf and blind to His Truth Judas thought as a man, acted as a man and died as a man...a carnal man. Jesus thought as God acted like God and died like God and that is the expression of the Holy Spirit, not Judas and the way Judas died.

Jesus did not commit suicide to lay down His life and not use His Power to stay alive. Judas did not lay down his life he took it himself.

Judas will finally come to see this and know this and repent and be saved but I do not think or see or believe he caught on as he hung himself and took his last breath and I do not believe Judas will experience deliverance until he is woken again by Jesus wherein he will receive his real education in righteousness and judgment at the White Throne Judgement.

Have we not been told that it is by their fruits you shall know them?

These thoughts are MY thoughts and if you see them as judgment or opinion then what can I do and what can I say... they are not....they are my thoughts and I am happy to share them. They did come about because of your post so thanks.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:08:02 PM by Arcturus »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 06:28:49 PM »

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been said before but in a hurry >:(

But Judas could NOT have had the HS in him, because Christ had not yet rose to the FATHER. The comforter was sent after His resurrection. I may be wrong but i thought ...... or am i assuming that Judas died before Christs resurrection.

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

ciy

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »

I think the main point about Judas is the spiritual aspect of the word.  The parable that we are all judas at some point in our lives.  That we all betray Christ and that we all crucify him.  When he realized what he had done and that he had crucified Christ, he could not handle it and committed suicide.  

When we realize that we have crucified Christ, we too will kill the old man.  We do it just like Judas because we consider the wisdom of the world.  By the wisdom of the world it can make sense to turn this man over to the authorities and collect a reward.  And so we do the same as we daily do what Martha did in busying herself with worldly matters instead of giving up the world and sitting at Jesus' feet like Mary did.  She "chose the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Everything in the Word is spiritual and it is all a parable about us.  
God is awesome.
CIY
PS - Anyone dying prior to Jesus' death and resurrection could not have the holy spirit to my understanding.

Harryfeat

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 07:01:20 PM »

Hello feat

You ask : how do we know that the extreme mental agony which drove him to madness and suicide was not his LOF. We all sin.  We are hopefully going through our LOF in this life.  

I do not believe that a tormenting end to life is the fix for a life time of rebellion and ungodliness. I do not believe that God instills His Spirit of Wisdom, Knowledge, Council, Understanding, Power and Love, without fruit.

To say or believe or teach that God terminates life in a anguished and horrible way as a means for us to avoid repentance, separation from sin and finally sanctification and through judgment righteousness, is to say, for me, that God is a terrorist and forces through pain, our submission and servitude to Him. That for me is heresy. God is a God of freedom not bondage.

On the surface, this assumption that pain in the last phase of life is Gods way of ending our sins and changing our souls is without substance or support of the Scriptures as I understand this. I do concure that it is a temptation to think that the suffering that some endure in the end of their lives is judgement but I also see that the scriptures also say as you sow so you reap. If we reap bad does that mean we learn good?

For me, Jesus did not pray for Judas. Judas was destined for destruction. The children of God are not going to experience the wrath of God. That's Gods Word.   It is fact not fiction. It is Truth not deception. It is the way of God not man. It is how God has expressed Himself through His Word and this is either received or rejected depending on which way we see is wiser, holier or better suited to us.

I did not make false accusations. I answered your post. Indeed I did miss that you had quoted John 17 : 12 but let me ask you, Why do you consider John 17 : 12 as you say as "damaging evidence to consider "? I do not find the word of God damaging evidence but enlightening instruction.

You say regarding John 17 : 12 I didn't discern from those verses that Judas did not receive the Holy Spirit before his death.

Let me understand this. So if I am to take what you say above as realistic or as the truth, then the next conclusion I would come to from what you say is that if you have the Holy Spirit in you, you can commit suicide and handle your issues like a carnal man?  Is this your point? This is not a judgment it is a question that arises out of this as a conclusion that perhaps you would like to defend or explain. I can not defend it or explain how a person can receive the Holy Spirit of Christ and then kill themselves. Also if you return to the teachings about salvation. Non are saved in this life time. Non are born again but some can recieve the Holy Spirit not in full but in part and there after the life of trial and testing and judgment occures as it did with Paul who ran and finished his race. Paul did not commit suicide either. Thy shalt not kill. Who are Gods children. Those who do the commands of Christ and will of the Father. Death is not the Will of the Father. Death is the last enemy that will be conquered.

You say of Judas that :   Jesus kept him like the others until the devil entered him.

That is NOT what Jesus said to God feat. Jesus did not say to God that He had kept all until Satan entered Judas. Was Satan more powerful than God? Could Jesus not have done anything for Judas to prevent Satan from possessing him? Did Jesus not KNOW at the supper who was going to betray Him? Did not Jesus KNOW why He came to the earth and exactly what would happen? Was He not aware of His destiny and Reason and Purpose and Plan of His Father even as a child when He told His parents that He was about His Fathers business?

No feat. I can not believe that Judas was at the last moment let go by Jesus and that Judas was pulled straight by God imposing on him his horrible way out of his treachery, cowardace that no doubt was his spiritually weak nature that for me must have continued to be all through out his life that culminated in his self annihilation and murder turned on himself. Show me a scripture that proves this is in error. Show me where Jesus said to God that He lost hold of Judas and that Judas was not from the beginning and to fulfill the scriptures, the betrayer.  I believe Judas was hardened and spiritually weak and blind and had the literal experience of walking with God's Son yet being deaf and blind to His Truth Judas thought as a man, acted as a man and died as a man...a carnal man. Jesus thought as God acted like God and died like God and that is the expression of the Holy Spirit, not Judas and the way Judas died.

Jesus did not commit suicide to lay down His life and not use His Power to stay alive. Judas did not lay down his life he took it himself.

Judas will finally come to see this and know this and repent and be saved but I do not think or see or believe he caught on as he hung himself and took his last breath and I do not believe Judas will experience deliverance until he is woken again by Jesus wherein he will receive his real education in righteousness and judgment at the White Throne Judgement.

These thoughts are MY thoughts and if you see them as judgment or opinion then what can I do and what can I say... they are not....they are my thoughts and I am happy to share them. They did come about because of your post so thanks.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Hello again Arcturus,

As I said before, you might very well be right in all you opinions.  I have no real solid evidence that they are wrong.  Neither do I believe your opinions are indeed fact. There is also the general belief that anyone who died before Christ could not have the Holy Spirit in them.  The scripture telling us about John the Baptist being lesser in the kingdom sort of supports that. I think that maybe not everything is as cut and dried as that  would lead us to believe. I am a skeptic, what can I say. [BTW which apostle is the twelfth throne for in your opinion? see my prior posts.]

Having said that,   I thought what you had to say when I read it the first time was well thought out and had scriptural support for your interpretations. I didn't see it as definitve proof but certainly persuasive.  In  a courtroom you would probably win the case that Judas will probably be thrown into the lake of fire [LOF].  However, as we know, there are many cases of innocent men found guilty.  When I said my evidence was damaging, I meant to the carnal case of law where we are judging whether Judas will be an "early riser"

There are a couple of points which I find  need addressing though I am not sure this is the place.
I did not make false accusations.
You did indeed falsely accuse me of omitting john 17:12.  You were so eager to counter my post that you didn't even bother to understand it.  I would be impossible to miss the intent of the verses I posted if you were truly reading my post for understanding my point of view.  You can deny this all you want but is there for all to see.  It is one of several bullying tactics that you use which I find difficult to deal with.  This is one of several reasons why  I am reluctant to discuss topics with you.

I completely agree.  However, let's review Judas situation.  If he had indeed lived a lifetime of rebellion and ungodliness, how would he come to be a follower of the Christ.  Indeed,  if as you say Judas was a total reprobate, how did he come to have extreme feelings of remorse? Where did this torment come from lest it be through the grace of God.  Is the the Holy Spirit that causes a change in our hearts to recognize our transgressions and feel remorse.  If not then how does it happen?
What happens to our minds when we experience extreme cases of euphoria or the other extreme depression and  self torment?    I can't answer for either case. 
You seem to think that Judas suicide was a willful act of a sane man who was acting against the will of God.  What if he was in such a state of torment and depression that his thoughts were not logical at all.  The courts have a legal plea of temporary insanity. Whatever happened it was God's will that was done.  Jesus will be the judge.

I neither said that nor believe it to be true. It is a heresy invented in your own mind.  You present a straw man argument you invented in an attempt to insinuate that I am a heretic.  Another of your bully techniques.

On the surface, this assumption that pain in the last phase of life is Gods way of ending our sins and changing our souls is without substance or support of the Scriptures as I understand this. I do concur that it is a temptation to think that the suffering that some endure in the end of their lives is judgment but I also see that the scriptures also say as you sow so you reap. If we reap bad does that mean we learn good?
I agree that it is not the expected norm as shown by
 scripture.  On the other hand neither was Judas.  Just what exactly do you think the LOF will be? What is this torment that is to be endured?

I agree that Jesus prayer appears to be for those apostle "left in the world." However, when I read the first parts of John17, Jesus did not exclude Judas until the point where He said He kept them all safe except one.  Of course Jesus knew of the events to occur.  As I read it, Judas was a chosen one who fell, then felt guilt, got remorseful through God's grace and help of the Holy Spirit, then being weak  he was he became extremely tormented by his guilt and went insane. 

All I am saying is that I don't know how Jesus will deal with the insane. I don't think it is necessarily a ticket to escape LOF.

Let me understand this. So if I am to take what you say above as realistic or as the truth, then the next conclusion I would come to from what you say is that if you have the Holy Spirit in you, you can commit suicide and handle your issues like a carnal man?  Is this your point?
Your conclusion is erroneous and no that is not my point as I have previously pointed out.
This is not a judgment it is a question that arises out of this as a conclusion that perhaps you would like to defend or explain. I can not defend it or explain how a person can receive the Holy Spirit of Christ and then kill themselves.
It is your conclusion not mine.  You seem to think that there has to be some demonstrable fruit for you to see rather that spiritual realizations on Judas part that allow him to see his error. We do not know his heart or mind as God does. You probably have not met many people with mutliple personalities or extreme cases of bipolar dysfunction.  I am not saying Judas had these problems but am only using them as an example of how the mind can become unstable.

Non are saved in this life time. Non are born again but some can recieve the Holy Spirit not in full but in part and there after the life of trial and testing and judgment occures as it did with Paul who ran and finished his race. Paul did not commit suicide either. Thy shalt not kill. Who are Gods children. Those who do the commands of Christ and will of the Father. Death is not the Will of the Father. Death is the last enemy that will be conquered. 
Paul is a fairly good example of a sort of betrayal then God called him.  Judas was an example of God called him and he betrayed.  I don't think that the end results clearly speak to whether Judas thought that he had to kill himself for his crime or Paul's martyrdom are even comparable. I gIve you there verses to consider along with your own.2Co 5:10  [ESV}For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. ...and...
2Co 5:19  that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Yes we have and it certainly is evident in a lot of cases.

I definitely understand that Arcturus, and I accept them in the spirit given.

I don't really have much else to say about this other than I don't see things as black as and as white as I get the impression you do. I hope I have addressed all that you wished me to comment on.

be blessed
feat

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:16:38 PM by Harryfeat »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »

feat I will quote you in black font italics. I respond in blue font.

You did indeed falsely accuse me of omitting john 17:12.

You omitted this scripture in your follow up post. I conceded that I did miss that you had entered it into your earlier posts.

You were so eager to counter my post that you didn't even bother to understand it.

I object to that slanderous assumption.

I would be impossible to miss the intent of the verses I posted if you were truly reading my post for understanding my point of view.

Your point of view is not my point of view.

You can deny this all you want

I am big enough to admit that I missed that you had indeed entered the scripture you skipped out in your follow up post. My nature is not one that will deny this as you falsely accuse me of.

but is there for all to see.  It is one of several bullying tactics that you use

I object to this slanderous accusation.

which I find difficult to deal with. 

I contend with no one who prefers to go their own way think their own thoughts and rationalise their own understanding. It is a condition of carnal man not to want to be wrong even if it is God#s Word that is speaking. The authority is not mine and the words I speak are those that God has inspired through His Word not my opinions of His Word or my understanding of His Word or my reliance on what is my anchor that is the Truth of His Word that I share here in the Forum as my thoughts.

This is one of several reasons why  I am reluctant to discuss topics with you.

I will go more easy on you in future knowing that you feel so vulnerable and reluctant to express your views, opinions and beliefs because you think I am the big bad bully. Will you think that if I disagree with you or if my "views" counter your own comfort zones or opinions?

You ask :
let's review Judas situation.  If he had indeed lived a lifetime of rebellion and ungodliness, how would he come to be a follower of the Christ.

Simple. Take a carnal man and cause him to seek the power fame and glory. I heard John Hage tonight say as he preached to his audience in Israel, that the reason Jesus cried  " My God My God, why have You forsaken me? " according to Hage, was because God in that moment looked AWAY from His Son because Jesus Christ BECAME SIN! It is a matter of FACT not FICTION, OPINION OR CONJECTURE that Jesus while on earth in the body, that some 10 percent of the daily conversation of Jesus consisted of Old Testament words quoted literally. Jesus was quoting Psalm 22 as he cried out in fulfilment for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear that He is the Son of God crucified wherein that same Psalm expressed His agony. Here is the the Word of God Psalm 22 : 14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax; it is softened with anguish and melted down within me. 15. My strength is dried up like a fragment of clay pottery;  with thirst my tongue cleaved to my jaws; and You have brought me into the dust of death. 16. For like a pack of dogs they have encompassed me; a company of evildoers has encircled me, THEY PIERCED MY HANDS AND MY FEET. You ask about Judas. Of all the Apostles Judas was the treasurer. He kept the money. John 13 : 29 Some thought that since Judas had the MONEY BOX Jesus was telling him, Buy what we need for the Festival, or that he should give something to the poor.

The Word of God is Spirit and is Truth. Acts 1 : 18 Now this man (Judas) obtained a piece of land with the money paid him as a reward for his treachery and wickedness, and falling headlong he burst open in the middle of his body and all his intestines poured forth. 19 And all the residents of Jerusalem became acquainted with the facts,so that they called the piece of land in their own dialect - Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.

Now why do you doubt? You ask
: if as you say Judas was a total reprobate, how did he come to have extreme feelings of remorse? ....Where did this torment come from....

Your answer is again not opinion but is in the Word of God 2 Cor 7 : 10 For Godly grief and the pain God is permitted to direct, produce a repentance that leads and contributes to SALVATION ( like Peter experienced...Godly grief and bitter tears) and deliverance from evil, and it never brings regret: ( that is the deliverance from evil never brings regret ) but WORLDLY GRIEF the hopeless sorrow that is characteristic of the pagan world is deadly, breeding and ENDING IN DEATH. ( remember Judas kept the MONEY)

Can you see Judas in this description or do you still prefer to doubt? You build a fiction and base it in what you believe I SEEM to think. You say : You seem to think that Judas suicide was a willful act of a sane man

There is no such thought in my mind that Judas was either sane or acting from free will. I believe he was acting out of carnality and a spiritually weak heart that acted and failed to achieve his purpose and plan.

You continue to build on this seeming thought that you attribute to me by saying that I think Judas, quote : who was acting against the will of God.

Of course Judas was acting against the Will of God. God Wills that non should perish. Judas is and was destined to perish and God Will save him in the end. Judas was right in the Plan of God.  God's Will and God's Plan are two very different things.  Perhaps someone else here in the Forum can direct you to some teachings on this topic. It is well worth reviewing and is pivotal to grasping Truth and understanding the Wisdom of God. As for me... I am doing what I can here just answering you.

You say :   You present a straw man argument you invented in an attempt to insinuate that I am a heretic.  Another of your bully techniques.

No. My thoughts are not arguments. They are my thoughts. You accuse me of employing a bully technique. Noted. I shall try to tell you what I think with softer tones. I have no need to convince you and neither do I have any motive to get you to agree with me. I simply enjoy putting into writing what I think from the bottom of my soul. Your thoughts motivate my answers and I enjoy discovering and recalling what I have read in the Word of God.

You ask : Just what exactly do you think the LOF will be? What is this torment that is to be endured?

feat the LOF is the second death. We are cautioned by Jesus that we should pray that we are found worthy to escape the things that are coming on the world. Just WHAT is coming on the world but the WRATH of God. Jesus also says that we should pray for the strength to be able to STAND before HIM. what guilt ridden exposed thief and murderer will be able to stand when their evil ways and works are made known before the Lamb of God and His Angels? Only the pure of heart will see God or be able to STAND in HIS Presence don't you think? (Please NOTE....Caps are used for EMPHASIS of what I think and is not used to show I am shouting at you or anyone or in ANY way attempting to demean or belittle anyone. REMEMBER I too am a BRETHREN please! This is NOT a debate but an honest exchange of thoughts without malice. OKAY?)

You say : You seem to think ...

There you go again building on the premise of what you say I SEEM TO THINK.... :D...Lets look at the premise you present then...You present the following : there has to be some demonstrable fruit for you to see

What is so wrong with this feat? By their fruit you shall know them right? Even John the Baptist scolded the Pharasies and asked them who had warned them and to have first the fruit of repentance before he would baptise them. So if John the Baptist is the least born of woman in the Kingdom of God....what should we be doing then if not having a higher standard of appraisal and discernment to the realization and comprehensive insight into knowing how to distinguish good from evil? Why do I think I lost you there? Look at it again. Why are you here on this earth. Why am I here on this earth if not to become the image of the Son of God in His life and in His Spirit. What is His Spirit? His Spirit is of God who knows how to distinguish between good and evil and His Word is sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing assunder of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART. Heb 4 : 12

rather that spiritual realizations on Judas part

feat I do not believe you have any justification in feeling hurt or bullied that I pay attention to what you are saying.  You say and lets recap... that I seem to think there has to be fruit ...rather than spiritual realization on Judas part.

Do you fault me if I see this statement as meaning that you believe you have spiritual realization of Judas part. Are you presenting your views in favor of Judas. Are you acting as Advocate for the down trodden? Is this what you are being caused to do? It seems that way because of your words that contend against me believing in and following the Word of God that says we shall know them by their fruit. What is wrong with that? Why does spiritual realization of Judas part over rule, eclipse or make wrong the way in which we are to discern good from evil by and through the observation of the fruit of the Spirit?  Sorry if this sounds like bullying. It is not meant as such so perhaps you can clarify for me why your comment above presents this conclusion. If my thought is wrong then I will indeed be most pleased, delighted and happy for you.

You add to this summation that  there is an allowance that prevents or holds back from Judas for seeing his error. :

that allow him to see his error. We do not know his heart or mind as God does. You probably have not met many people with mutliple personalities or extreme cases of bipolar dysfunction.  I am not saying Judas had these problems but am only using them as an example of how the mind can become unstable.

the subject of God allowing anything is another subject of teaching that is very important and could also be re addressed because it is pivotal to understanding God and His ways. Already this post is getting entirely too long....

You say : I hope I have addressed all that you wished me to comment on.

I have thoroughly enjoyed responding to you. I hope next time you will not use personal feelings against me to accuse me of being a bully or your reason not to communicate. More exchanges such as these can only be constructive if not reduced to personal assult. I hope you continue to have the courage to bring forth your thoughts and understandings in the light of this Forum which is certainly here to present the Truth of Christ and not the opinions or beliefs that fall outside of what we have learnt through Ray Smith.

Peace to you

Arcturus
:)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:40:52 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.