bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this judgeing?  (Read 21633 times)

lilitalienboi16

Is this judgeing?
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:34:03 AM »

Okay, sometimes i have debates with christians.

I post scripture after scripture, destroying there silly arguments of eternal torture from Jesus Christ. In the end, i simply tell them they despise the Word of God and won't believe the scriptures, so i simply cannot continue debateing with them, to which they reply 'why are you judgeing us? Do you think you are better then us?' ETC...

my question is, am i judgeing them by flat out telling them they despise the Word of God and thats why they wont believe the scriptures?

I certainly do not attack anyone, just the heresy they preach, but am i wrong in doing so?

I Just don't know, i can't find a scripture for it, i certainly know Jesus tore apart the pharisees at every turn, and that 'Friendly rebuke is better then secret love.' However i don't know if i'm 'rebuking' them or 'judging' them, or what am i doing? lol

Thanks for any help.

God bless you all,

Alex

Gregor

Re: Is this judgeing?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 07:12:16 AM »

Greetings Alex,
Here's a passage to read and meditate on: Phil.1:12-20. The verses that jumped out at me in particular: vs.15-18, NKJV, "Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice."
Also: 2Tim.4:1-5; James 2:12,13

Search your heart brother, judge yourself, and may you find love as the motivating factor.
Your brother in Christ,
G.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:14:53 AM by Gregor »

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:31:24 AM »

What is the nature behind you doing this?

Bradigans

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 09:36:28 AM »

It's easy for us to convince (coax) ourselves into believing that we're defending God's Word and not our own ego's. We can be our own biggest hypocrites...

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »

Hello Alex

We have to treat each other as we would like to be treated and this means if I am dull deaf and blind, I sure would like to be corrected and influenced to see and know the truth. This influence might be sharp or soft but it has to happen to motivate refutation of error.

Is that judgment or kindness?

A detractor detracts from the truth to become the accuser of the brethren. Are you being falsely accused for refuting lies, heresy, false teaching and in coming against idols of the heart with the truth and in tearing down the imaginings of the carnal mind is it not you who are being judged? Well treat such a person if that were youself in those shoes of blindness and persecution. Refute with evidence and the word of God but also balance this advice with the wisdom of knowing that understanding comes only from the Spirit. Your motives will be evaluated by the Spirit. As Bradigans points out, it is good to check them always. :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

ciy

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »

Alex,

I believe you are scriptually correct.

Titus 3:9-11 "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.  Aman that is a heretic after the first and second admonition reject, knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself."

Also just keep filling up with the word and remember the following verse:

Proverbs 16:1 "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord."
CIY

rocky

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »

Greetings Alex,
Here's a passage to read and meditate on: Phil.1:12-20. The verses that jumped out at me in particular: vs.15-18, NKJV, "Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice."

Search your heart brother, judge yourself, and may you find love as the motivating factor.
Your brother in Christ,
G.

Now that is a good verse to contemplate.  thanks for posting.

"Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 03:05:21 PM »

Okay to get you an idea of what was said to me, here are some of the things;

This verse is the refutal to deal with. We can listen to all your un orthodox, unbiblical doctrine of demons all day long, but until you exegete Scripture that goes against you, you have nothing to stand on. Dude, why didnt the church fathers and the apostles teach this? They did not. Sproul says that if you discover something in the Bible that has gone over looked by the church for 2000 years, its a good bet to get that idea out of your head. This was never taught, its hard to make points and rebuttles with all the commotion in here. You are not studyed up enough on true Scripture to make any points on anything. This is heresy, and the Epistles Peter wrote were warnings against people like yourself. You pick single verses out of chapters of the Bible, which is not how you exegete Scripture. It cant contradict itself, which is something you are full of. Ive tried to remain civil, but for some reason you have gotten totally out of control already. If universalism is true, what is the point of morality or imitating Christ, which is what ALL christians are supposed to do. So, morality and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, these are refuttles, so there it is. Please explain, and oh yeah, everyone please read carfully what he writes, it'll be good! :)

Some more;

Where is your Babylon? Your interpretation of scripture is not accepted in any country. In China, they are being perscuted and tortured and around the world Christians are being martyred like in no other time in history. They would find your theology insulting. People die for Christ every day. You have made their deaths meaningless with your selfish theolgy that lacks a clear understanding of scripture. Explain your "all will be saved" theology to the persecuted church. Forget the place you consider Babylon. Explain why men and women are dying unnecessarily for thier faith. You have a cheap faith. You are leading others astray into a doctriine that may cause them to go to hell. I pray you do have any followers. You will be accountable for every soul you lead astray with your false doctrine. That is why what you are teaching is so dangerous.

Some more;

Alex, you have a lot of pride. You have a way that seemeth right to you. You act like God. That is dangerous and selfish. You cherry pick scripture to meet your own needs. You fail to understand that your words can be harmful to those who do not know the Word of God. You will not convince those who know the Word of God. This I can be sure. It is those who do not know the Word of God that can be sent to hell because you have taught them there is no hell. That makes your teaching very dangerous.

God sent his son to die for your sins. He did it all for Love. All for you. He wants a a response to His Love. You have taken His life and death on the cross and made it meaningless and you are too blind to know you hurt the God you claim to love by ignoring His Word.

There are some of the things said to me, alot more was said. I certainly was very pationate in speaking towards them, emphasizing my points. Yet i still did it out of love and not anger, though i spoke with great passion, which was sometimes mistaken for hatred or anger, which i assured them it was not. I told them i had nothing against anyone, just the doctrines they taught.

I pretty sure i never said anything negative to anyone, except that they despise the Word of God and that if they won't believe the Word of God, my words will do little to convince them.

They always asked me why i was judgeing them.. and i don't think i am, i mean, thats my thing is, is telling someone the flat out truth, judgeing them?

There it is, answer me this please;

"IS TELLING SOMEONE THE FLAT OUT TRUTH JUDGEING THEM?"

If i can get an answer to that, then i can finaly be at peace of wether indeed i was judgeing, or if i was merely rebuking there nonsence.

Thanks for all the answers guys, you have been a great help.

God bless,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »

What did Ray write about being blind. Even if you shine a torch at blind eyes they still will not see....something like that anyway 8) ;D

Peace to you

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 04:16:17 PM »

Alex, you are young and if you learn the following lesson early in life you will be much better off.  I learned this lesson several years ago, but even then I wish it would have come years earlier.

Don't go to the forums and try and debate with anyone you won't change their minds, if you are not well grounded and learned in your beliefs you will appear foolish, and then our human nature kicks in and we dig ourselves a deeper hole.

You are much better off to make one scriptural, intelligent post and then remain silent.  It is your job to sow the seeds, God will make them sprout and grow.  If a forum has a thousand people following it, maybe one will send you a personal message wanting to know more.

Blessings
Craig

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

Alright craig, thanks, thats great advice. Well you know its the beast within that gets the best of me.

LittleBear

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »

Alex,

Those responses to you were very interesting. I don't dispute with anyone, and really don't have any contact with Christians, so it's mind boggling to me how mean they are in their posts. I mean, "Alex, you have a lot of pride" seems really judgmental. Anyway, why do you put yourself through this? If they are blind, they are blind. You can't make them see, only God can.

Good advise Craig.

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »

Hi Alex, I think the following excerpt from "Winning Souls For Jesus" may help:

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm
LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 06:24:57 PM »

Alex,

Those responses to you were very interesting. I don't dispute with anyone, and really don't have any contact with Christians, so it's mind boggling to me how mean they are in their posts. I mean, "Alex, you have a lot of pride" seems really judgmental. Anyway, why do you put yourself through this? If they are blind, they are blind. You can't make them see, only God can.

Good advise Craig.

Well i've always been drawn and had a motivation to teach God's truths one day, like ray does, so i really don't know... they never hurt me with there words i gaurentee you that, and i certainly am very calm, though full of passion, when i speak.

I guess its like a testing ground i don't know lol. I mean i don't do this very often, but sometimes i just have this urge to talk to some christians and see how they react to the scriptures. It's almost as if i'm testing myself, to see how heresy proof i can be... i don't know, i really don't.

Well God bless, i'm off to lunch!

Btw zvezda, ty for that post, it was a great reminder, i really need to read through some of these articles again.

In Christ with love,

Alex

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »

Alex I agree with Craig.

I also would remind you that we are all slaves of Christ. Everything in this world is His.

(2Ti 2:15 KJVR)  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(2Ti 2:25 KJVR)  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

(2Ti 2:26 KJVR)  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

As a slave your job is to present the Word of your Master.

He will do all that is necessary. If not today then some day

If they treat you badly ...bear it......

From all the scriptures we are to expect this so I do not understand why you are surprised or confused. 

They accused you of judging. This was a offensive move by them to put you on the defensive. It is an old trick used many times by the enemy when confronted with truth.

You are not judging them .....the WORD IS. And they do not like it one bit.    TOUCHE' LORD.

Beloved

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 11:38:53 PM »

Alex I agree with Craig.

I also would remind you that we are all slaves of Christ. Everything in this world is His.

(2Ti 2:15 KJVR)  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(2Ti 2:25 KJVR)  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

(2Ti 2:26 KJVR)  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

As a slave your job is to present the Word of your Master.

He will do all that is necessary. If not today then some day

If they treat you badly ...bear it......

From all the scriptures we are to expect this so I do not understand why you are surprised or confused. 

They accused you of judging. This was a offensive move by them to put you on the defensive. It is an old trick used many times by the enemy when confronted with truth.

You are not judging them .....the WORD IS. And they do not like it one bit.    TOUCHE' LORD.

Beloved

Wow beloved, that was such an awsome reply, thank you so much!

Btw, i am not surprised one bit as to how this went, i was wondering however if i was judgeing them byt elling them they despise the Word of God, but infact you are right, i am not judgeing them, the Word of God is.

Amen and thank you!

God bless,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »

Hello Beloved

This rings so true what you observe here in italics : They accused you .....( The accuser of the brethren. The guilt trip vendors and traders of iniquity. Eph 6 : 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ) This was a offensive move by them ( They can do no less for they are carnal, worldly minded and are performing the tests necessary to our deliverance from our own carnality and its temptations to pride, superiority and self deception ) to put you on the defensive.( I see the wider application here as it refers to all circumstances that would put us on the defense rather than being spiritually strong enough in the likeness of Christ who could turn the other cheek. Once we have overcome we are more adept at seeing errors, deceptions and temptations for what they are and for what purpose they have in coming against us in our lives. They are for me tests, trials, gambits and ploys to take our eyes off of Christ and His plan in our lives to become conformed to His image through coming to experience evil and know its content making us enter His Kingdom through such tribulations. ) It is an old trick used many times by the enemy ( and when we see and know this is evil and gain therefore a knowledge of evil through our trials and experiences, then we through the Power of His Spirit may be salvaged from our own weakness failures and liabilities to that temptation as He has overcome the world and instills in us His Spirit of His Triumph Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding.  ).............

All in the process :)

Peace to you

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:51:37 AM by Arcturus »

insanezenmistress

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »

::)

YES it is judging. You are treating others as you may be treated. ( mathew, for with what judgment you render, it will be rendered against you)

I guess it is one thing to "defend" the faith.......btu it is another to "pick a fight"

And to say in your emotion....that THEY are dispising the scripture,
 is ....erm.......something other than you looking on your brother with love and compassion. How about not indulging the need to be right, and correct another person? Argument doesnt gain listeners.

But then, in a chat room, one almost has to argue to get someone to look at it. Would it not be a better conversation to glory in Christ and share your lives and other lessons in unity of spirit?

i thik the verse say to be ready to answer IF THEY ASK..... but you ought to be living the relationship that your new knowledge as afforded you, that they might have cause to ask.

we ought not to be stuck in our "being rightness"
we ought to be living in the , hi ya Jesus, what are we doing? NOWness.

No argument is more convincing of the wisdom and power of the spirit behind your new leanrings and understandings. For if you can only live these when you carry about the facts in your mind, you will tire quickly and end in confusion.

IZM

GODSown1

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 06:54:21 AM »

Hey! lil Alex bo,
                     First of all how U been lil bo? wow! by dis Thread pretty Good bo lol! :), must admit bo I aint read all da Posts but I know wot ur askn n e wayz :), Well, my opinion is, GOD is in CONTROL!! Alwayz has AlwayZ! Will be, brother! it was a daily acurance 4 me 2 once upon a time lol!, az u say U r not arguing! jus defending GODS Word Truthfully!, Passionately!, :) I believed I was over passionate!abit azwell  haha!, But! n e way I jus let da spirit! guide me & I usually alwayz got dis answer in my head. "It is between U!! & GOD & has nothing 2 do wit n e 1 else az 2 wot they say or do, az GOD had a Plan & Purpose 4 U b4 U were even Born & each & EveryonE! of US!". So brother I believe! deeply! do wot U really Think & know wot GOD is saying/guiding woteva! & do it wit Passion! or how eva! :) lol! I sure do hahaha!. Well I hope U can understand wot Im saying brother!?, jus know! GOD is with U. GODBLESS! U! & ur family ma bo Alex, BlesSuP! PeacE! 2 U
                  much muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. dis is my personal!! feelings on dis thread, been der & still r lol! :), PraisE! the LORD! in AbundancE!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:01:05 AM by GODSown1 »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »

i think there is quet people living out there that are faithful with what life had showed to them, and had already learn some lessons thorugh sufferings, i think that used time to try to look for this people, try to show them some real love, and persuade them to take on consideration what you have to say is better than go directly just to all this almost robots extremely religious people that will split you over your face anything that you has to say. Anyways i guess if you are on a forum and more people is waching your words, then some of this people on the forum could be the ones who will quetly listenn you.
 if it is all according to god's will and timeing for us to know or to dont know since we are on this age, then the ones who are extremly religous now and dont know how to listen could become someday the quet people that are able to put on consideration some of this truths.
i was one of them at some point of my life and then,,,god changed and is chaging my mind of many old preconsevided stupid ideas that used to control my way of living, just like many on this forum i bet.
 and like others said i also think it is all about motivations and our real intentions on why we do whatever we do.

i hope i am seeing right on this one and that we all could become experts on judgeng right our motivations as far as we can see them.

moises
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:26:25 PM by acomplishedartis »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.