bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Born Again  (Read 4422 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Born Again
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »

I've read convincing material about the concept of being born again, as spoken
by Jesus to Nicodemus and by the apostle Peter, to be none other than a future rebirth into
Spirit form only present after we are resurrected from the physical death that we all go through.

I've been raised to believe being born again was something attainable in this
life and it seems to go against the grain of "I run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Cor. 9) and
"if only I may finish the race" (Acts 20) that Paul was so fervent about. In fact the only
reference I see of Paul saying he had completed the race was at the end of his life in a letter to
Timothy where he wrote "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has
come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept
the faith." (2 Timothy 4:6-7)

If people believe they are born again at some point in this life, seems like it
gives them a sense of already completing that race and already attaining a prize that the apostle
Paul was still striving for, in fact died for.

After some research and praying, I feel anyway, that the Lord is referring to
nothing we can attain in this lifetime, but rather the resurrection we all attain at some
point. That being born again is something we are suppose to always look forward to, and aiming for.

Also, I am very much in favor of believing the Savior of the world is actually
saving the world, as crazy as that might sound. I was duped for decades into believing He either
won't or can't save the world.

And now I am curious about which religious organizations are teaching morality
and also the plan of reconciliation for the world. It seems like you can't get the two concepts to
mesh in any church I've been to. They believe in one or the other.

Thank you for your time.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.