bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Explain  (Read 4932 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Please Explain
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »

Explanation1

Exodus 3:1 (also 18:1)
Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian...
Numbers 10:29 (also Judges 4:11)
And Moses said unto Hobab, the son of Raguel the Midianite, Moses' father in law...

Q1

Did Moses have more than one father in law?

EXPLANATION2

Numbers 33: 38 (Also Numbers 20:22-29)
    And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the LORD, and died there...

Deuteronomy 10:6
    And the children of Israel took their journey from Beeroth of the children of Jaakan to Mosera: there Aaron died, and there he was buried...

Q1

Why two different places for his burial

GOD bless

Gregory

Dear Gregory:  The only explanation we know is that Jethro was also known by two other names. As for Mt. Hor and Mosera, we learn this:

Easton Bible Dictionary states of Mosera, "...one of the stations of the Israelites in the wilderness (Deut. 10:6), at the foot of Mount Hor. (Comp. Num. 33:37, 38). It has been identified with el-Tayibeh, a small fountain at the bottom of the pass leading to the ascent of Mount Hor."

Such things are so low on my list of priorities, that I never intend to spend time writing on such trivial things.
    Ninety percent of my time answering emails revolves around answering "contradictions."  Virtually all of the tens of thousands of emails I get asking questions, revolves around contradictions. Contradictions of what they think I have said, or God has said, or the Bible has said, or any one of them contradicting any one of the other.  I am almost never asked what a Scripture means, but rather how do I explain this or that Scripture in the light of other that they think CONTRADICT this or that Scriptures.  I continually remark to my Web Master that virtually all that is on anyone's mind is CONTRADICTIONS.
    God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:01:34 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.