bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here I am, on a rainy day in Oregon!  (Read 9974 times)

conrad

Re: Here I am, on a rainy day in Oregon!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 07:02:40 PM »

hi Linda,
I'm Dave- I'm new here too. I've been reading Ray's stuff for about a year. It has, through the application of the Spirit had such a positive effect on my life (combined with some pretty serious trials). I am starting to realise how true joy can coexist with pain and sorrow. After all Paul commanded us to "Rejoice in the Lord always and (if you didn't quite catch that) AGAIN I say rejoice"! So while you're being beaten with rods... Rejoice! While you're in danger of robbers on the road... rejoice! While you're shipwrecked... Rejoice! While.... you get the idea.    :           )

That's not easy, but it's what we're called (and chosen) for. So, thank you for your encouragement. I guess this is a useful means of fellowship for you with your hearing dificulties. I get the impression it is a small and strong (in weakness) group of people who are truly learning, in many ways, to be overcomers. My battle has, among other things been with acute mental illness. I know for a fact that with God I would never have made it through the past seven years. But, in the suffering we are all growing, and being formed by the Master. Feel free to msg me for a chat anytime.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your bible studying. It sounds quite heavy, but I'm sure you will be greatly blessed. I have never come across Rotherham's. May well check it out.

Well, peace to you sister(s),

He is Risen. He is Risen indeed!

d

Grateful

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 03:20:19 AM »

Hi Folks!!

It's late right now, and I just re-read all your wonderful "Emails" (after leaving at 9 am this morning and getting back at 6 pm, from a humongously-long orthopedic Dr. visit (he had an extraordinarily complex case to take care of, prior to several other patients & me, so I did NOT "fume"....it was IMPORTANT for him to take care of that patient FIRST) -- mine took 2 1/2 hours altogether!!!  Wow!  We ate out, then shopped at WalMart, and I got all kinds o' goodies, including "Baby Clouds" yarn to make a really fluffy wreath, and autumn decor of several kinds to grace our table with the glorious colors of fall !  Yay!

I just want to say one thing real quick, and then I'll get back to y'all at another time :  Conrad, I KNOW what acute mental illness is like, because I was hit extremely HARD with clinical depression (at first it was mental AND emotional, but then turned into just emotional illness -- a hideous agony) 6 months after our twins were born, and am STILL taking antidepressants.  Thankfully, I rarely feel the emotional effects of the depression now, and when I DO feel it, it usually is only for a few seconds.  I have discovered that EVERY SINGLE TIME I went through a bout of depression, I came out on the other side of it HAPPIER than I was before I went through it.....again, ANOTHER faith-lifter!!   (A good joke here is :  "Let GOD give you a faith-lift!!  It's the GREATEST!!"   ;-DDDDD   [ biiiiig Smile!!!  HAHAHA! ] ).  Sooo, Conrad.....HANG IN THERE, even if it feels sometimes like it's by the skin of your teeth for the moment.  Two of the things I've learned in Life is :  one, the Buddhists say "The only thing constant in Life is Change," and two, "This, TOO, SHALL pass!!!"  ;-DDD

LOVE to All , and GOOD Night!!  And TTYL !  (Talk To You Later ! )

Linda

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 03:50:24 AM »

Linda,

So good to read your message.

We all are grateful and appreciative of what God is giving us.

I hope to hear from you and learn more about your journey toward salvation and serving God.

Please don't fear about taking too much of our time.  Your story is very valuable to each of us.

Regards,  indianabob

Scribbles

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

Hi Linda !  It's been sooooooo awesome to read this thread over these last few days. I had hoped to reply sooner, to welcome you. There are a couple other "deafies" here, and one other brother has several members of his family that are deaf....you're right at home, sis. You're not gonna believe this...I'm deaf too, measles when I was 2 or 3 years old, the german measles that affected my nerves, and my real name is Linda !!!!  I think this is the first time I've ever told anyone here at the forum my real name.....lol.....I'm pretty "shy" for the most part, but I love the "idiot" side of me, too.....lol....In some parts of the states, they say being "backwards" instead of shy. Along my way, I've stepped on alot of thorns while trying to smell the roses, and other times got turned around and wound up in the briar-patch. But, He's always picked me up, to do the walk again....I'm pushin 60, one of the "gramma's" here...lol.....I feel so much at home here, even though I spent a life-time not "fitting in", nor knowing where I was suppose to live, who to be/not be with, from having actual powers of darkness to the Lord calling me to serve Him instead of the evil one, from attending all kinds of churches (take your pick...lol )...to recieving understanding of the doctrine errors and staying home to "learn".....to finding this forum and website. I'm finally "home".....your name says it all....Grateful. There's a host of us here that surely know what you mean....lol.....and just to think, the Lord has only just to begin on us....lol...
Welcome aboard

Grateful

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 11:04:47 PM »

Hiii, Scribbles (Linda!! ;-DDD  Biiiig Smile!!) , Indianabob, and just for now, Janice!!

Hey, Scribbles, you knocked MY Email for a loop when YOU posted!!  Apparently you posted just one second before I! did, and then I couldn't find MY original Email that I was directing at Janice, regarding her reference to her testimonial thread, "Caregiver shares more" (about her husband's AND her father's Alzheimer's) !!  HAHAHA!!   Oh well, that Email of mine coulda stood being pared down in size anyhow, soooo that's what I'll do right here in THIS Email!  ;->

So, Scribbles (are those YOUR beautiful cats???), YOU had the German measlies (sic) too, eh??  Tell me, do YOU speak with a German accent TOO?!!!!   AH HAHAHAHAHAA!   My husband & I (soon to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary) do an awful lot of kidding around too....we KNOW what "the idiot side" of human personality means TOO.   OHHHHH, I WISH I KNEW how to "operate" the BBC's and Smiley icons too, so that I could personalize my Emails even more, and "jazz them up", like Janice knows SO WELL how to do!!!  HAHAHA!  ;-DDDD !!   So far, my computer confounds me....   I too have gone ALL my life "not fitting in," so I guess you also know the full meaning of "Loneliness"?? (Even in a crowd!).  Do you read lips too, or do you use sign language, or what?   I've ALREADY pole-vaulted over 60, and am also known as "Gramma" to my grandchildren!  Well, is this a small world (in a VAST Universe), or WHAT?!  Ha!  On another tack, I feel I've "come Home" among all of you dear Spiritual Searchers (or, Warriors?!!) here on this BT Forum, at long last!!  YOU ALL are ONE of the REASONS I am "Grateful"!!!  Yay!

Indianabob, since I did major in Biology (a science), I have always leaned toward trying to reconcile science & the spiritual side of Life.  My husband & I have watched (captioned) documentaries on suchlike things as archeology (especially of the Biblical lands), human genetics, astronomers & their astronomical discoveries in olden times, the earth (like volcanology, geology, national parks, other countries & cultures), etc., ETC.!   I even read the book, "The Tao of Physics" by Dr. Fritjof Capra, a famous nuclear physicist, and was absolutely blown away by his extremely-scientific revelations (and PHOTOS!!) down to the nuclear level of matter!  As far as I was concerned, he PROVED the fact of God's Existence, if you were to read that book and SEE what I mean.  (I had to read that book THREE TIMES, in order to fully UNDERSTAND what the author was SAYING!  It was SO absorbing!)   BTW, I was baptized Catholic at age 8, because my Italian grandmother wanted me to be (went to catechism from age 6 to 8), never went to church on my own until after my twins were born, and had them go to Sunday School at age 3, because I wanted them to at least have SOME Spiritual Ideas embedded into their minds, although I didn't know at the time that Hell was nonexistent (I'd never really given it much thought, though).  I had gone to Ladies' Bible Studies after I was married, for several years, and as my girls grew older than 3, I went to church, but never "fit in", due to being "ignored" by almost every single person, socially-speaking.  Finally, one day I simply quit going to church, because something finally "snapped" in my mind, about not really getting what I needed so very much:  pure, sheer, undiluted joy of close spiritual comradeship among church members.  To be sure, there WERE two gals, one especially, who DID "pay attention" to me, and I AM SO Grateful for them!!!       ;-DDDD !!  To this very day, I'm in close touch with both of them.

Janice!  I EMPATHIZE "moocho" with youuuuuu......my dad, too, had Alzheimer's, for 8 years.  My mother took care of him 25/8 ,  if you get my meaning!!!!  According to my mother, he was a 2-year-old in a very strong body, physically & health-wise.   She cooked nutritious meals, and gave him his daily pills (although I once saw him sneakily throw them away when he thought no one was looking).  He became combative toward the end, so my brother had to step in and do for my mother what she could not bring herself to do:  have him put into an Alzheimer's nursing facility.  He was so sad there, missed my mother so much and begged to come back home....he died one month later, peacefully in his sleep in the hospital, to where he was rushed on that April day last year, with my mother and brother & wife at his bedside.  I felt bad that I could not be there then...

I have to go now to fix dinner, and try to send this before I lose this Email (haha!).  Chat more with y'all later!!  ;->  !!

Love,
Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 03:46:30 AM »

Hello fellow crocheting sister!  ;D

I make all my dad's blankets.  TEE HEE!  Love to shop yarn.  Anyway...

Linda what the heck are you doing to rectify your not being able to use all our buttons and knobs?  Have somebody in your family help you go over the instructions we have posted for you.  Or when you have time to set aside for these tasks read and try to follow them and if you get stuck, PM me back and I will help you further, no prob.  I have PMd you twice and have gotten no response from you.  This is a function that allows us to personally email each other without forum view.  Look at the top of the screen between HOME HELP SEARCH PROFILE MY MESSAGES CALENDAR MEMBERS LOGOUT..... click on MY MESSAGES!!!!!!!  Play around with it when you have time and you will be rewarded by the fruits of your labors.  You will not break anything... so work 'em out! ;)  [Sorry I don't know what you mean by BBCs (?)] ???

Linda v v happy 40th anniversary to you and your loving husband and God bless your wonderful family! 

How familiar I am with the words 'lonliness' and 'lonliness in a crowd' as well as 'misfit.'  Linda, if there were a room filled with misfits, I would not fit inHA! 

I too enjoy the interchange between science and spirituality, especially enjoying the developments over the past twenty years or so of biblical archeology.  In fact, Ray has recently commented on such in an email this August:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5174.0.html

I know and realize that a lot that comes off of the History Channel, etc., is c.r.a.p., but I record them all and either refute them or keep them to be passed on... and occasionally there is the good one as you and your husband have discovered... actually, there are several good ones. The absolute BEST documentary on the O.T. scriptures, especially regarding the crossing of the "Red sea" and so much more is titled EXODUS DECODED.  It is two hours long and worth going to the History Channel's online store and buying it outright... ka-pow from a scientific outlook, that's all I can say.  V interesting for the winter months if y'all get bored. ;)  Or record it when it is surely to come 'round again.

Here is link:  http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=76731  The twenty bucks is well worth it for family viewing. 

Anyway, thanks also for the reference of Capra, will definitely check it out eventually as it has been given to me to be interested in sub-atomic/particle physics.  So cool! 8)  How to try to kiss God... let me count the ways.... Ho ho!! :P :o :-* :D 

Thanks also for sharing your church history... oh well and triple ha... the less church the better. ;D  Me too.... haven't been in one in over 22 years..... wink wink nudge nudge.  All His doing I'm sure.

So overall, Linda, we are not to worry about not fitting in -- in a church way --or not fitting in socially -- in a worldly way -- but I realize it's hard not to sweat this out... He has geared us as social creatures, so why the extra difficulties in this regard I don't know.  I mean, it's bad enough to suffer.... but to add on suffering the social isolation. ???  Part of His process I guess.  I do know that He will comfort us and not let anything get too great for us to bear and I long for the day when we will no longer be isolated, each from the other, indeed.  We cannot comprehend it now, but we will all be one.  Amen. :P

And special thanks for your v personal comments about your mum and dad and what they went through.  TA v v moooocho!!  You hit a lot of nails on the head...

25/8... love it!  Am there!

... and an extremely physically strong and essentially healthy bedridden "youngster."  Got one!  Am there!

So glad you've got good support immediately around you plus friends especially those two special ones that've kept linked to you.  Praise God!

I must say also, thank you for your recognition that Alzheimer's does sometimes go WAY WRONG in that those afflicted with it, whose minds eventually MELT.... will sometimes get "combative."  God bless you for saying that.  My dad is alright in this regard, but my husband, the sweet, genteel southern gentleman he was, got not combative, but VIOLENT, and I did not include this into my 'Caregiver shares all' thread because it simply was too much.  In the end, he too had to be facilitized, and to this day I lament the innocents he brutalized without realizing he had done any thing wrong whatsoever.  Tearfully I explain to people that he was the most wonderful man in the world..... and I live with the memories.

Take good care in Christ! :)
Thank you thank you Linda!
Janice

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 03:50:44 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »

Ah, you two!

Linda, you got one smilie going there, so I'm sure we will be seeing more of them from you soon! YAY! Something is working!

And I'm also wondering what is a BBC. The only BBC I know is a Bacardi, Banana and Pina Colada drink.

Janice and Linda, the two of you sound so outgoing, that I would never have thought that you would be misfits in the church or anywhere. You both sound like the type of people who naturally gather people to yourselves and bless them tremendously. I was always so quiet and just stood back, and like you didn't feel that closeness and heart-fellowship that I craved. Everyone seemed too busy and so into their own adgendas. Thanks for sharing that. Like you say Janice, it's all part of His process.

Scribbles, thanks for giving us your name Linda...I want to know about those cute kitties too!

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 01:43:33 AM »

Hi Linda,

I just thought of something... maybe you don't realize that your 'Help please' post got moved by Craig, a forum moderator, to the Off Topics section.  It is there that some of us have given you posts of helpful instructions about the smileys, etc.  Hope you have found it!

With lovies, :)
Janice

Grateful

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »

Janice, a quick reply, and then I'm buttoning up for today :  YESSSS, I FINALLY found all the Personal Messages I've received, thanks to your prompting!  Rah!!   Maybe NOW I'll get SOMEwhere SOON!!  It'll have to wait til tomorrow, though.  You've heard of the "Bell Curve" (the learning curve) ??  Well, I'm still on the left side of the bell, at the very bottom edge of it!!  Haha!  Hopefully I'll get to the right side of the bell's edge and start it RINGINGGGG!!   AH HAHAHAHA!!  ;-> !!

G'night!

Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 04:58:37 AM »

Good thing ya got goin'!  Work on it when you can...

We will always be together... ;)  not to hurry or worry....  :-*

Nitey nite,
Janice

Grateful

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 11:30:24 PM »

Hi Janice, et al !

I've been SOOOOOO busy this week, that I haven't been able to get back to Y'All and do you justice in a reply to all of you.  For one thing, I'm now taking an 11-week class on Digital Cameras (to  learn to download pix onto computer, manipulate them, print 'em, and / or Email 'em)....yesterday was the 2nd day of class.  My assignment was to go out & shoot pictures.   Ohhhh, boy, DID I get some totally gorgeous storm clouds and BLUE sky!  I CAN'T WAIT to SEE them onscreen, and enlarge & print them!  ;-DDD  (Biiiig Smile!)

I'll try to get back to you later this evening.  I need to re-read all your helpful hints, everyone, and try to make them work PROPERLY.   Wish me luck!  (Actually, I'm gonna need divine inspiration to get through all the instructions correctly!  (I've ALREADY tried to apply one hint, and it DIDN'T work.....sighhhhhh.....)

BTW, one of you asked me what BBC's are.....I'd found them on the "Help" section (on the bar that says :  HOME, HELP, SEARCH, PROFILE, MY MESSAGES, CALENDAR, MEMBERS, and LOGOUT) and the letters stand for Bulletin Board Codes  (which explain the "Bold", "Italic", "Underline", "color of font", "font size' ,  etc., etc.). 

Chat with you cooool cats later!!!

<3<3<3 ,
Linda

P.S.  The <3 is my way of casting an "O" in a "Heart" shape, and when I combine three of them, I'm in actuality 'sing-saying'  "Holy..Holy..Holy!"   (For,  God our Father is LOVE, AND He is most Holy....)

Grateful

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 02:15:58 AM »

Hi again, Janice!

I'm STUCK here on MY "Here I am, on a rainy day" thread, because the Internet Explorer will NOT let me reply to YOUR post #44 addressed to me on your "Caregiver shares more" thread (I keep getting booted out of being able to log in online in that discussion board....I have NO IDEA how to get on!).  So, here's the letter I started to you, and put on my EditPad & saved it for later (which is NOW.....   :)    :

Dear Janice,

I didn't discover your reply to my Email until just NOW (it's 3:45 pm PDT).   

Yes, Mother took care of my dad for 8 years  (My doctor told me that Alzheimer's patients usually pass away in 6 to 8 years, and dementia patients can take up to 20 years to pass away.....apparently Alzheimer's is much more swift. It was actually congestive heart & kidney failure that "finished" my dad in the hospital on his last day alive on Earth.)  How FORTUNATE] you were to be able to sit on your husbands lap and hug him A LOT on his last day!!!!   You & I are both GRATEFUL that their suffering is OVER!!

Yes, Mother is still very much alive (84 years old) and still kickin' (but not as high, as she laughingly said over the phone the other night!   AH HAHAHA!   I told her I'm not either!!   ;D ;D  ).

Ohhhh, I feel so sorry for your widowed friend's mother, being reduced to the fetal position now and having to have a special resting-surface to prevent bedsores!!

All we can do is pray to God the Father:  "O, PLEASE be merciful to (whoever)....!!" , and let (whoever) pass away peacefully!!

I was just reading online (CNN.com) that the more self-disciplined a person is, the LESS likely he or she will develop Alzheimer's.  The article even went on to say that those people who kept themselves vigorous in their daily lives, managing and organizing their affairs.....that some of them who were autopsied had the Alzheimer's lesions in their brains but did NOT exhibit Alzheimer's symptoms!!!  Yee haa!!   SO,  there IS Hope!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your inner-circle life with me and the rest of us, Janice!!  WHAT a Blessing!  you are!!!

God LOVE ya!!   :-*

Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »

YOU are a big blessing, Linda! :)

I'm very glad to see you are now able to make posts using the buttons.  Yay!

And it's great to hear about your dear and active mum, and I will keep her in my prayers as well.

Also thanks about your info on preventing Alzheimer's.  I try to keep up with the latest info on this because afterall I am an offspring of someone who has it, and there could be a genetic link... although I don't think they know about this for sure.  There was no history of it in my husband's family.  Scary.

From what I have come to understand mostly from AARP's bulletin articles and their invaluable website, the best prevention is to keep your mind regularly doing NEW tasks.... the keys being NEW AND DIFFERENT from the types of thought processes your mind regularly does, and do them often [daily] and once you get used to doing them, then doing SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAT IS NEW for awhile then change to something else again and so on.  Examples include learning a new language, doing all manner of puzzles and games, etc., and doing vigorous exercise as well.

You are so so right my dear, all we can do is pray and accept God's will.  It's a fine line we all tread between life and death in a multitude of ways.  How fascinating it all is! :)

Have a great EXPRESSIVE time at Da Forum Linda! :D ;D

Joy,
Janice
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:53:11 PM by DuluthGA »

Grateful

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »

Hi Janice!

It's so funny (coincidental, that is).....only just this morning before getting online, I was reading last night's newspaper about "exercising the brain," to prevent deteriorating mental "powers".  It said exactly what you did yesterday afternoon, with the ADDITION of something I hadn't thought of before.....do the same thing DIFFERENTLY, such as brushing your teeth with your OTHER hand, to train the OTHER SIDE of your brain in facility of coping with "newness".  Haha, I just this second had a funny thought.....could this be part of what God was talking about, when He said, "Behold, I make all things NEW." ?    Another way of saying that there'll be more variety & niceness of life?  I really DO enjoy learning to do new things, ESPECIALLY if they are beautiful in one way or another.  It's fun!!  Makes me wonder just HOw FULL a Spiritual Life can be once we ALL are safely ensconced in New Jerusalem forever and ever?!!

:D

I'm certainly finding my current humongous project the most challenging and rewarding I have EVER undertaken (studying the Scofield KJV Study Bible and Rotherham's Emphasized Bible simultaneously, from the very beginning....I'm in Isaiah 38 now, in both Bibles).  It sure DOES exercise the "noodle-stroodle" to look up the cross-references, and read the footnotes & marginal notes in the Scofield version, and to write down the page numbers at the bottom of the pages of the Rotherham's where I can find the Scriptural passage listed in the footnotes there (I do that BECAUSE the Rotherham's chapter-numbering system is too unwieldy for me, since they're listed in Roman Numerals!!  That is SO distracting to me!!  I've even taken a yellow highlighting pen and highlighted EVERY chapter number in the body of each page on which they are, since the chapter numbers at the TOP of each page is, again, in Roman Numerals.).  Anyway, I am finding out scads of exciting Spiritual information & truths, as well as just how plain GOOD our God IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   O, HALLELUJAH!!!!!    :D

Thank you, Janice, for your input on this very important aspect of our life :  our mind !!   We NEED the same mind in us that is in Christ Jesus in order to make any sensible sense out of life on Earth as it is today, with the seeming chaos in human affairs going on all around us.  As Ray said in one of his articles (I think it was about Revelation), the "sea" represents "the teeming mass of mankind", and so we who are trying so hard to find out what God's Will is in any given situation and then to DO it, need to keep our heads (minds) ABOVE that "sea" in order BE righteous in GOD'S sight.  It feels so good to "snuggle up to our Father in Heaven" like a small child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (And hear HIS Heartbeat!)   :)

Have a BEAUTIFUL Day, ALL of you Forum Members!!!

Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »

Thanks again Linda,

That is A GREAT idea about doing the routine things in our lives in different ways like switching hands... an ABSOLUTE GEM OF AN IDEA because it's so easy to do!

So glad you are enjoying your bible studies and more! :)

Enjoy!
Janice
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.