bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Here I am, on a rainy day in Oregon!  (Read 9936 times)

Grateful

Here I am, on a rainy day in Oregon!
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:47:32 PM »

Hello, all you wonderful people in spirit!!

I am SO GLAD to have serendipitously discovered Ray's Bible-Truths website two years ago in October  I'm so new at trying to learn how to use all the in's & out's of computers (the only things I know how to do well is Email, web searches, and WordPerfect!), that it's taken me almost a month to get this far to be able to write to you!  Ha!   I have SO enjoyed reading all of Ray's articles, AND all the posts of yours that I've managed to read so far in the past couple of months.   WHAT a body of "New Jerusalem" dwellers you are!!!  I have learned a GREAT deal from reading Ray's and your material.  One thing about me is that I have a streak of curiosity a country mile wide, and I like to KNOW the origin and definition of all words that suddenly strike me as very important at the moment.  For example, I discovered that the word "faith" means "confidence" (the "FI" means faithful, such as the Marines' motto, "Semper FI", and that the word "grace" means both "unmerited favor" AND "discipline, correction".  So, every time I see those words, I am encouraged, because I KNOW that God is showing me His blessed favor sometimes, AND He corrects me when I need His help very much.  Yes, sometimes that correction of His is painful, but I am SO grateful for it!!!  (I wish I could make a Smiley Face here, but I don't know how, yet!!).

THANK YOU ALL, for being "there" for the rest of us!!!  I look forward to continuing to learn from you.  Oh, one more thing...thanks to Ray's mentioning of Rotherham's Emphasized Bible in some of his articles, I bought a copy, and have begun a mammoth Bible Study of my own at home, comparing it (Rotherham's) with my old Scofield's KJV Study Bible, and looking up the cross-references, from Genesis straight through.  I'm in mid-Isaiah right now, and am so excited about alllll the GOOD spiritual information I've discovered by doing that!   I try to read a chapter or three every morning, before starting the rest of my day.  WHAT a day-brightener that is for me!  (Smiley Face).

To God be the glory!!

Linda

dawnnnny

Re: Here I am, on a rainy day in Oregon!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 04:56:43 PM »

Hi Linda,

I'm a little north of you (Western Washington), enjoying the same rain!

Just wanted to say welcome to the Forum, I'm glad you decided to enter in!!

God Bless!
Dawn  ;D

Grateful

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »

Hi Dawn!

Oh, how cute your reply is!!  (The animated splattering raindrops on the pavement!!)   I wish I knew "how to do all that.....the photos, animations, BBC's, and Smileys !  I hope I can learn soon, so I can "dive in and get both feet wet!"  (Ha! pun intended, in light of today's weather!  [ "Cheesy" Smiley Face ] ).  Thank you so much for your lovely Welcome!   One thing I love about Autumn's first real rainfall is the sprouting of the new grass all across the landscape.

Have a great day, and may you be showered with several Blessings today! (Count 'em!)  (Smiley)

Linda

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »

Well it has been raining here too where I am. We recieved the first rains of the spring season here in South Africa.

Welcome to the Forum Linda and thank you for the encouragement to aquire Rotherham's Emphasized Bible.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 05:45:43 PM »

Hi Linda,

I am glad you have joined us  :)  ( click on one of the smiles whenever you want it to appear in your text and it will pop up)
You sound like such a cheerful person.
I am way down here on the Gulf coast in Miss. 
I will give you a few links to check out, but just start looking around a clicking thing and you will be surprised at all that we have here.

'Forum indexes and & Info.'  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

'Ray's audios'  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

'Transcripts of audios'  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

'Who Am I'  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Anything else you may need help with don't hesitate to ask.
I hope you will being sharing more with us soon.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Grateful

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »

Hello Arcturus & Kat !!  I am so happy to have heard from you already, as well as Dawn!  BTW, I'm totally deaf, due to having a cochlear implant in 2003 (it destroys all usable hearing via hearing aids in the ear in which it's implanted, plus my hearing in the other is nil, for all practical purposes), so I cannot use audio tapes, as it's kind of difficult to read lips from them!  A little history is in order here :  I had the German measles at 9 months of age, and it gave me severe nerve damage in both ears.  I stopped learning new words, and it wasn't until I was 3 or 3 1/2 that my parents took me to have my hearing checked, and found out I was severely deaf.  I've worn a hearing aid ever since, until my cochlear implant.  This implant HAS greatly improved my hearing, but it's not the cure-all, as I still read lips a lot, due to sheer force of habit.  I've gone through public schools all my life, and only got a B.A. in biology in college (not a Bach. of Science, that is).  Also, I AM able to talk, and people usually ask me if I'm from Germany, because I speak with a slight German accent --  well, what ELSE can you expect from someone who's had the GERMAN measles???!!   AH HAHAHA!!   I love the outdoors, hence that's why I wanted to major in biology. 

Arcturus, I LOVE the Rotherham Bible....even though it doesn't sound as "poetic" as the Elizabethan English of the AKJV Bible (but I prefer the SCOFIELD KJV Study Bible, because it gives all kinds of very enlightening footnotes and cross-references (even though I disagree with Scofield's and Strong's interpretation of "hell"  -- you & I know that Ray has successfuly smashed that heretical idol to complete oblivion! -- and Scofield's usage of the words "forever and ever" and the gehenna fire where "the fire burneth and the worm dieth not", all complete parroting of the Catholic Latin Vulgate Bible).  I too am, pardon the pun, incensed at the damage being done to poor souls who are only seeking their "place in the Son", and have no knowledge of the fact that their Eternal Destiny in God's Glorious Heaven is ASSURED!!!  My heart aches for them!! (Sad "Smiley") But at least GOD WILL comfort them ALL in due time, thankfully!  (Smiley)

Kat, I thank you for your references, and I'll get to them (the ones that I can use, that is) ASAP.  I take it that "Avatars" are photos that members can put in to their space below their log-on name.  I thought I read somewhere in BT's write-ups on how to use the Forum that I could choose from an assortment of Avatars photos to insert into the space under my "Newbie" status....right?  (I know I could look it up -- I think, but it seems to take me FOREVER [ and ever...ha! ] to find anything in this all-new-to-me "computer usage stuff" !  Whooey!

Glory to GOD!!

Linda

P.S.  Well, as y'all can see, I'm trying to navigate my way through the BBC's and Smileys.  I sure hope they come out alright in the final posting!!  Ha!

P.P.S.  I already posted this letter once, but the BBC's and Smileys did NOT work, so I had to MODIFY this letter and eliminate those actions & characters.  Oh, me, oh my....I hope to learn this soon....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 07:42:07 PM by Grateful »

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 07:38:50 PM »

Hello Linda and Welcome

Enjoy the fellowship and sharing of information here at BT.
It will not take long before you learn your way. There are plenty of people here that will help you.

Beloved

We are having a beautiful sunny day here in Nashville TN
You can preview your post to see if the smilie got it on. I lost mine when I copied it and lost a bracket so I typed it in and got the image back. Sometimes it is too close to punctuation or type and will not show.
If you are shy send a PM and experiment with the buttons and smiles  ;D

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 08:35:36 PM »

Hi Linda.  You are gonna SO fit in here!!!  I love you already!!!! I was exactly in the same spot-not knowing anything about smilies, buttons, what not....you'll get it!

Today in Michigan, it is 75 out and sunny and the leaves are starting to turn glorious red/gold!  I do love autumn!
Linda I would put a picture here of that like so many of the gals and others do, but I don't know how either, specially the ones that move like the rain.  Cool.

Anyhoo, welcome and stay in contact.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:40:49 PM by gmik »

Grateful

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »

Hi Gena!!

Hahaha!  To paraphrase Minnie Pearl's famous call, "I'm SO PLEASED to be herrrre!!"  ;-DDD (MY emoticon for a biiig smile.....since I STILL don't know how to get the "Smileys" & BBC's to operate correctly.)  Apparently you DO know how to get your own photo inserted underneath your online name (the twins....did you say once that they're your grandchildren??).  I have been Blessed to have twin girls, 33 years old now, each with two small children, the latest being born only just last Sunday, the First Day of Autumn!!   :->  !!

October has always been my favorite month, because of the fall colors....my husband & I got to camp underneath a flaming maple tree of ALL COLORS on our first wedding anniversary in Vermont!!  Ohhhh!!

This to all of you "out there" ....aren't we LUCKY to have the kind of God we do?!!!!   Such Majesty, awesomeness, Beauty of Character, and the Light of Glory!  I could just sing, shout, and dance all over the Universe for Joy!

How Great Thou art, O God!!

Linda

gmik

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »

Linda, I am so expertise on the forum that I just lost the twins. Yes they are my twin grandsons.  I am not a bit surprised to hear that you have twins---they have come out of the wood work!!!

No really, can someone help me retrieve the "twins" on my avatar.  I am on photobucket and I have tried all 4 options several times and I can't get a new picture on.  This happened last time but I eventually got them w/o really knowing what I did or didn't do.  Which option is the correct one and should the http:// be on the forum line or should I delete that??? Help!

dawnnnny

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »

Hi again Linda (and Gena, you might like this too)

This is the website that I get my pictures:

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/gallery.php?keywords=camping

There is a "search" box where you can search for things (like Welcome, Rain, etc.)
When you find one you want, click on it and it will open in another window, then on the bottom of that page, copy (right click copy or Control C) the code in the bottom box (the one for BB's).

Then paste (right click paste or control V) the code in your post.  It will show as code but when you "preview" you should see the picture.

Hope this helps, you know how us women like to decorate!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Grateful

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 11:06:05 PM »

Hi again, Dawn! (and Gena)

Thanks very much for the website :
http://www.glitter-graphics.com/gallery.php?keywords=camping
that takes us to the Avatars, and other graphics!!  I've only gone through 10 pages and many are very beautiful!  ;-D

Incidentally, lest any of you "out there" may think I'm "too, too much rah, rah!", I WILL say that my life has NOT been a bed of rose petals by ANY means!  God has dragged me through a LOT that I would've rather NOT have gone through, but as the saying goes, "If God brings you to it, He WILL bring you THROUGH IT."  That is SOOOOO true, I am thankful to say!  And because He DID bring me through my trials to the other side of them, to the point where I could smile again, my faith GREW..!   (Whew.... )

Time for me to go fix pancakes & fruit salad for dinner, so I'll be back sometime!

Linda  ;->

LittleBear

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »

Hi Linda,

I love you already too!! I'm really slow at learning new stuff on the computer, but I finally learned how to get smilies in from outside that actually move. This is a BIG accomplishment for me.

The site I use is www.kolobok.us  I just copy and paste, but there might be a better way, don't know.

Dawn, much thanks for the website; I'm gonna check it out. I'm always on the lookout for new fun stuff.

Love,

Ursula

Grateful

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 01:04:36 AM »

Hi Ursula!

Thank you so very much for writing to me!  Gosh, I LOVE you too..!  And EVERY Child of God (and especially those who love our Almighty Father INTENSELY)....because our Father thought so much of each one of us as to fashion us and give us a deep Love for all that is Good and Right in this world and the next....!!  I'm so excited at the thought of becoming part of the New Jerusalem and its citizenry someday, in gorgeous REALITY!!!  'S what keeps me going!!  (Yes, I AM aware that I end a lot of sentences with an exclamation mark or three, but gee, I just can't help it!!  I'm just plain EXCITED!!  God does have that effect on us...  And yet I cook, bake, vacuum, dust, scrub our linoleums on my hands & knees, etc., as well.. )

Thank you for the www.kolobok.us  website!  I'll check into it soon. 

You have a very Good evening, Ursula!

Love,

Linda

skydreamers

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 03:08:57 AM »

Wow Linda, what an entrance you've made into our little forum family!  Very happy to have you here and look forward to reading more from you and your infectious joy!

Peace to you,
Diana

DuluthGA

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 05:24:26 AM »

Well it looks like we've got another LIVE ONE on our hands! :D  Beats the alternative. ;)

And I'm not sure quite yet what to do with you.... hug you or smooch you! :P :-*

Linda, it's great you've stepped out and stepped in!  HA!!  I too am one o' those who is filled with exclamations and ha's and ho's!!!!!  I am filled to the brim... with Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DOUBLE HA!!!!! ;D

I'm so v v glad U R here!  Goodie!

Yes!  'Tis seredipitous, great word, and part of our God's plan.

To relate to you... I was so happy to learn ALSO not too long ago that:

GRACE MEANS UNMERITED FAVOR                                                             GRACE MEANS UNMERITED FAVOR                                                       GRACE MEANS UNMERITED FAVOR

You iz schmart and schpeak goot!  Ha.

[As an aside to Dawn... girl you know I love flowers... that is one beaauutiful bouquet!]

Anyway Linda,

I love your lighter side...

... the German accent... ah haaaa...
... I too am incensed... good good one...  :D

don't forget sweet person, lucky (there is no luck, it  = favor too  ;)

I'm glad you are well read and very functional despite your handicaps, God bless you more, from my heart to yours.

I just thought it was rather funny of our Lord to bring another Rah Rah Rah person into our midst... just as my Rah Rah Rah ooomph has started to dwindle due to time constraints.  I'm up late tonight on my last leg as usual.

PICK IT UP AND KEEP IT UP!!

Under normal circumstances, in Ursula's group of smileys, I am the one in the back that is going supreme bonkers, and yes, I attest that to the intense power of love for God that I've been given.  (Although I do have the audacity to question Him regularly.  Ick.  Little ol' me.  Honestly Linda, I don't know what He's going to do with me...)   :-\

Anyway Linda, it's nitey time for me and I have to hop... but I love your parting references to our New Jerusalem and ensuing citizenry.... as well as your reference to its GORGEOUS REALITY a great term of it all.  Amen sister and right-on bigtime. :) :P :D  8)

More later,
Janice

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:11:47 PM by DuluthGA »

Grateful

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »

Good Morninggg, Diana & Janice!!!

What a treat to see you both in my mailbox this morning!  Thanks much for your beautiful, heart-filled 'Welcome' , Diana!  ;-DDD   And, Janice, hahaha, let's go for the hug & kiss!!  ;-> !!  You've been infected with the "God-Bug" too, I see!!  hahaha!  (Warning....it's incurable!!  Once He REALLY gets "a-holt of you", there's no getting away!!  ;-DDDDDDDD  [ Biiiiiiig Smile !!] ).  "And I, if I be lifted up, will draw ALL MEN (AND WOMEN) unto Me."   :->

Janice, as for "what is God going to do with you," He'll show you sudden insights as you go about your daily living, resting, and lying in bed in night thinking about & to Him.  Be sure to have a notepad & pencil handy all over the house to write down the sudden 'revelations' (of any good kind) that He gives you, no matter what time of day or night it is....and do it quick!!  Because if you DON'T, you will in all likelihood NEVER remember it again!!  I've discovered this time & time again, to my great chagrin (and there was NO "grin" about it!! HA!).  When God gives you diamonds, SET THEM in a circlet around your finger immediately to be a REMINDER of Him and his NEARNESS, every time you re-read that note you wrote down!  ;-DDD  (This is the best simile I can give of what I'm talking about here.)  Also, I know that there is no such thing as mere LUCK....you're right, it DOES mean FAVOR !  And it DOES cause our spirits to exult, doesn't it?!!  Glory to God!!

The Jews have a saying, "See you next year in Jerusalem!"  OH!!!  BTW, I just NOW suddenly remembered something neat I discovered about the word 'Jerusalem'......it comes from the Hebrew word, 'Yerushalayim' , (the 'shalayim' meaning "Shalom" or "Peace") , and means either "Abode of Peace"  OR "Possession of Peace".  Soooo, the New Jerusalem WILL be just exactly THAT!!  RAH!!!  And Jesus said "Do not look for the Kingdom of Heaven here nor there, for it is WITHIN YOU."  God GROWS IT on the INSIDE of us a bit more EVERY day, and His Exultation becomes OURS too,because that's just the kind of GOD He IS!!!!!  As our Father, He wants His Children to feel the SAME way He DOES!!   YAY!

All for the moment, girls!  Have a very fair day....and be well !!

Love,
Linda

gmik

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 11:03:40 PM »

Wow!!!   Janice and Linda--I think you have scared all the fellas off!!! ;D

Girls, I love all your ha's and ho's and smilies and pics and as Diana (still queen of banners) says, infectious enthusiasm!!

I once prayed for more estrogen on this forum!!!  Yahooooooo

(I would do a pic here but I am too laz, ahem...tired...and its too late)

nite all!

DuluthGA

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 04:35:49 AM »

Hi Linda, :)

I'm so v glad to get back to you, have been desiring to all day, just been BIZZY BIZZY.  [More like dizzy dizzy, ha! :D]

For starters, here's a tip for you that I use often... the Modify button.  For example, in one of my previous posts to you I said something about the German measles (but meant: the German accent) so after it got posted, I just returned to my own post and in the upper right-hand corner clicked the Modify button and changed the word 'measles' to 'accent'.  Voila!  Now you know how to make corrections after making any post, just don't forget to click SAVE afterward.

Also, and you may know this already, but Ray has a really great and insightful paper or transcript (can't remember which right now) on how the word 'grace' is also actually a verb... as in... our Lord's chastening grace, an action word.  Can't put my fingers on it now...it's fairly recent... hope maybe Kat our Resource Person can help out on this.  Iz goodie! 

So it's been about two years ago BOTH you and I discovered Ray's site, how cool.  I didn't link to this forum until I read most of his stuff, I guess probably like you.  I joined this forum four months ago.  I really do enjoy Ray too.  Lots of plain truth coming through clouded eyes and mind... happy happy and mind-blowing joy!  But then there's the acknowledgement of the suffering part.... ouch and sigh... yet onward we go.... march march march to our Master!  I still do so with joy... what else is there?  :D  THE BIG ULTIMATE HA!

I most certainly haven't always been 'rah rah' [if you have time, please see my testimonial thread 'Caregiver shares more' at: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5391.0.html]  I am 'rah rah' for the most part for my father to whom I am clinging onto for dear life as he is my (worldly) everything and my joy, and over the past five years of living intimately together, I exaggerate my happiness and joy and my love for him in cheerleading-type antics so that he can receive it with his v v dulled mind.  I shout, I cheer, I dance and perform for him and it makes him smile still today.  This persona has been given to me to carry on, it seems, in whatever I do. 

So yes, Linda, for me too, life's been no bed of roses... I was doing alright (in a rather carnal sense) most of my adult life until '96 then it's been a rough road for one reason or another.  ;) ;)  Yes dear new friend, we [you and I] have been brought through severe trials, and I also invite you to view the many many scripture verses on the theme of suffering/afflictions/tribulations thread which was given me to compile:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5482.0.html  You cetainly WON'T get a sermon on these in any church, HA!  Yet to me, they are the many many witnesses of God's word that we are to follow our Lord in His suffering.  What a God!  Why this?  I don't know... but I do trust in that there is BOTH His and our glory at the end.

And so along with you Linda, I have been given to ENJOY.... no matter what....  exulting Him as well.  Yes "luck" *wink* His sort of "magic" *wink* that so briefly as you say gives us sparks of His revelations (I know whacha mean about writing it down quick!) of truths here and there.  How I love it all and love His fantastical magnificence.

John 3: 27   And John answered and said, A man can receive nothing unless it is given to him from Heaven. [Green's Literal Translation]

Also congrats on your FOURTH grandchild! Yip! :)

God bless and more later! :)
With Christian love,
Janice

P.S.  Can't forget the HUG HUG and SMOOCH! :-*

THANKS!

Oh the joys of a sister in Christ!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:33:32 PM by DuluthGA »

Kat

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »

Well I had a little catching up to do here.
For the most part I'm self taught on using the computer.  I just keep clicking on things and checking out what's there, till I figure it out. 

Linda, I think you have a great attitude and your cheerfulness is a blessing to all.  We all have been through our share of trials, that are indeed life lessons, which I think help us grow in faith.

Gena, You mentioned losing your avatar pic.  When I changed mine to the apples, I had a really hard time.  So I tried the 'I will upload my own picture:' with the browse botton, it worked. 

Janice, The Bible study on 'Saved by Grace through Faith'  audio link;  http://bible-truths.com/audio/6-03-07.mp3

transcript link; http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.