bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new kid from Engerland  (Read 4945 times)

conrad

new kid from Engerland
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:22 PM »

hello everyone,

I just joined the forum a couple of days ago, met some lovely folks in "Introductions" and was advised topost here. So I think I could do worse than repeat what I wrote there, just to get the opportunity to meet some more of you lovely folks in Computerland

My name is Dave. 28 years young as of yesterday. I live in a middle-sized town called Leicester in the centre of England. I'm just about to start a Masters degree in Creative technologies (hiding from the "real world" in education forever, or at least the aeon). My spiritual/religious/psychological is, like most, varied with highs and lows. I was raised a Catholic, wooed by evangelical Christianity's depiction of a real, personal Jesus, ever unsure of the fact I was already meant to be "saved". Moved away from home to London, spent sometime church hopping from Charismatic, Pentecontal, Prosperity gospel, Reformed Basptist et al. Became a member of a staunchly conservative Calvinistic Baptist church in the Capital. Worked doing sundry things around the church convinced it was all spiritual and drinking in the mixture of Scripture (or should that be BIBLE- AV, half-truths, separatist wranglings and downright (though well meaning) lies. Then one day my mind snapped. It was as if the world had gone mad. I went to the only place I knew that could help- the church. Needless to say things did not improve. Seven years pass. I try to maintain my mental health and keep God and the Bible at a distance. I was literally at times scared to read the Bible. I tried to occupy myself, but laziness, pride and all manner of distasteful habitual sin had me.

One day, through chance (NOT), or my own Free Will (NOT) or the foresight and Grace of my Father (hmmm) I browsed my way to bible-truths. I was captivated by what I read and just devoured pretty much all of Ray's articles. Straight way God seemed to impress on my heart that Hell really was a hoax, that He IS love and that all (including my late father ,who departed this life when I was four) ) would finally know and enjoy their wonderful gracious Creator. A weight of alienation, fear and guilt that had burdened me most of my adult life disappeared. I saw things clearly for the first time. That was a little over a year ago. Since then I have read a wide range of Universalist literature, but keep being drawn back to this site. I plan to re-read The Lake of fire series, which it blew me away on first go, as I sense there is much depth contained in those papers, and much truth yet to be applied to my life. God has given me the privilege of sharing the "Wider hope" with friends within and out of the Church. But I am conscious that Truth must, in Mr Smith's words, be "internalised" until it will be any use to others. Well, it's been a bumpy ride (and a lenghty message). But with Such a Saviour I wlecome the future whatever it may hold and look forward to meeting brethren with different stories from all over the globe.

Well, I wish you all well, and look forward to chatting with some of you folks on this crazy old world wide web.

Peace. And quiet.

Dave (conrad)

DuluthGA

Re: new kid from Engerland
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »

HI Dave, (again) ;)

Good to see your post again... you have maybe by mixed signals reached the photo album section of our forum by posting here [Who Am I is for photos], so..........

Start adding some pics to this thread you've started, yay!

A suggestion to continue your initial introductory conversation would be to either add to your original welcome thread or make a new post to the Testimonials/Prayer Requests/Fellowship section.  The Off Topics section is for laughs, jokes, miscellaneous stuff.  General Discussions carries the bulk of more theological-type postings.

BUT WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS!  ;D

No pressure or anything... whenever you have time. :D

I invite you to please see my household's in "Hi All" a few threads down.  We here in the Atlanta, Georgia area of the southeast U.S.  Several of us here have posted some pics in this section.

It's so great you're aboard!  :)
See ya around!
Joy,
Janice

Nelson

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

Hi Dave

Welcome to BT! I'm from the UK too, Essex to be presise. I can relate to much of your testimony, it's a journey we all go through in various ways. I've been here for a couple of years now though I don't post as frequently as I used to.

Let the Lord be your teacher. With eyes to see and ears to hear you'll discern His voice in the things you read and hear. You'll also discern the voice of false prophets too. Read the Bible regularly as it deposits God's thoughts into your heart and mind, then when it is His will those thoughts will be brought back to your remembrance as He reveals His love and will for you in your heart,

• "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you" (Jo 14:26)

"And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"...And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures" (Lu 24:32,45)

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Heb 13:8)

May the Christ be the light and strength of your life, to the glory of God unto the age.

Love, grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:12:51 AM »

Hello Dave! Welcome aboard brother =]

Nelson said some pretty awsome things, and the scriptures he used blessed me, and i'm sure blessed you as well. So, instead of repeating him, ill just THANK YOU for being here with us! I'm sure you will be a blessing to us all!

With love in Christ,

Alex

Fabruk

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:37:44 PM »

Hey Dave, How are you? I am new here and I just saw you are from  England as well.
Good, I am from Bournemouth.
Hope to keep in touch.
God Bless
Fabio

Yaw

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:48:30 PM »

Hi Dave,

My name is Yaw.  I live in Leigh near Manchester in England.  A good while ago in my quest for truth, I also stumbled onto the Bible-truths web site.  From then on it's been quite a story!  Having broken links with most of my traditional doctrinal beliefs, life has become pretty lonely so far as siritual fellowship is concerned.  Perhaps we could discuss some of Ray's teachings for better understanding?  If that would be any use to you, please call me on 07988825643.

God richly bless you.

Yaw

chav

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »

Hi Yaw
Welcome to the forum . I'm from Bournemouth seems like there are a few more Brits around nowadays , you are very welcome to contact if you wish.

Dave UK

Fabruk

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »

Hey Conrad how r u?

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »

To Yaw and Dave...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.