bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 4164 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Help Please
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »

I'm the Newbie with the name "Grateful", and I've been trying SO HARD to figure out HOW to get the BBC actions to appear on my words in my postings under "Here I am on a rainy day in Oregon!", as well as how to get the Smileys to appear.  No matter WHAT I try (either putting a space before & after the word or phrase, or "snugging up" the BBC commands right next to the word or phrase, or include a Smiley, when I go to click on "Preview" of my post before posting it, NOTHING shows up the way it SHOULD.  Am I missing something in the forum's explanation of how to do this (I've read it & re-read it a few times), or is it something contained with my own computer's configuration (like Firefox or Firewall) ???   As it is, I've been reduced to having to capitalize words for emphasis, instead of making them bold, or underlining them, and creating my own Smileys (such as :  ;-D ,   ;- >  ) .
Do you have any advice for me on this dilemma?

Thank you very much for any help you can give!!

Linda

Robin

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »

I went and checked the posts and the replacement text used does not match a smilie here.

;-D and ;- > are not connected to smilies here.

Try typing : ) without the space between and you should get :).

I'm not sure where to find the replacement text for the smilies used here.

You should be able to highlight text and then push the buttons to insert the tags for text editing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 07:02:46 PM by M.G. »

dawnnnny

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 06:32:34 PM »

Hi again Linda,
I'm not sure why you're having problems, as it seems like you're doing everything right.
I just wanted to say that I use Firefox/Mozilla with no problems, so I don't think that is the issue.
Do you have an older computer?  Not sure if that would matter but hopefully someone on the forum with more knowledge will be able to help you!

DuluthGA

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »

Hi again Linda,

I will be glad to send you very detailed, step-by-step instructions on certain functions, however, I will not have a suitable block of time until a bit later on this evening.  What I plan on doing is sending you these by PM (personal message) in your MY MESSAGES button included in the tool bar near the top of any forum screen.  A number will show there indicating how many PMs you have waiting for you.

I know this is disconcerting for you.... aak!  Hang in there, I hope you get goin' as soon as possible.

In the meantime, keep playing around with it.  Utilize the principle that wherever you place your cursor, if you then click on a certain smiley, where your cursor was... that is where the smiley will appear.

To actually SEE the smiley, click PREVIEW, and your the way your actual post will look like will display on top of your post draft.  You can keep going back and forth correcting, changing, adding and checking in the PREVIEW before actually posting by clicking POST.

For bold, italicize and underline and color... type some text in your post, then highlight with your cursor what you want emphasized, then click whichever emphasis you want.... or two of them or three of them, doing so right in a row after each other so you don't have to keep re-highlighting each time.

More later on some of the other functions, but the principle is about the same, except there's a little twist for changing font size.

Sorry, have to hop for now...
More later Linda! :)
Janice

Kat

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »

Hi Linda,

Try and practice clicking on the smiley icons and see what comes up on your post message, then see what it will look like by clicking the preview button(scroll up to look at the preview).

You can also try out the other buttons above the smiley icons. Put your curser on one of the little boxes to see what it is for.  Click it and you will get a code inside of brackets on the page, something like this example
[abcde] [abcde]
You must put the text that you want, inside the two sets of brackets, another example
[abc]right here[abc].
Now practice doing it and checking it with preview.
You may want to go on to use more icons here is a link http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm  You will have to copy and paste the code to you message.
I hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Grateful

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 02:55:40 AM »

O, THANK YOU ALL so VERY MUCH for alllll your advice!  I FINALLY discovered that I had several Personal Messages waiting for me, as well as having been "turned over" to you dear comrades here in the "Off Topic Discussions" !!!  Yay, wow!   I CAN'T WAIT to start trying out all your suggestions & good advice.....it's too late tonight for me to start trying to write a "properly-accented" Email to you all.  As Scarlett O'Hara said near the end of "Gone With the Wind,"  "Tomorrow is another day," meaning she was looking forward to the future with HOPE....!   :->   !!   THANK you again!

Good Night all !

May you all be toasty-cozy in God's Love! 

Linda  ;>)

DuluthGA

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:40:59 AM »

I can rest good in sleep tonight knowing you are on your trail!  Talley ho!  Take your time, no hurry. 

We'll ALLLLLLLLLLL will get there!  Kiss!  And goodie!

And love,
Janice
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:00:03 AM by DuluthGA »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.