bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need your payers  (Read 4699 times)

john wimbs

I need your payers
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:25 AM »

Im not new here ,just quiet.Im a recovered alcoholic-addict wh enjoyed 6 years clean.I suffer with anxiety so last Sept I started drinking again for my nerves.Im not sure if Ive destryed my marriage this time or not.I said some really harsh things to my wife.Shes still here for the kids.I love her so much.Today is day 3 sober.She hasnt noticed.Pray that God would save our marriage and rekindle that burning desire I had for the truth.He showed me so much here.But I couldnt Study and drink too.Thank you ,John W

Robin

Re: I need your payers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

My prayers are with you John and your family.

Please see your doctor. Detox from alcohol can be dangerous and the doctor can help with the anxiety also.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:50:53 AM »

Hi John,

I think it seem darkest right before the dawn.  Throw yourself on God's mercy and He can work miracles for you, I know.  Don't give up, do everything you can to set things right with your wife and if it is God's will your marriage has a chance.  I will be praying for you and your family.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dawnnnny

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

John I will pray God's will in your situation - trust in Him Alone

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

Hello John

I believe if you show your wife that you are trying to come right by seeking professional assistance and medical treatment then I believe you will lesson her fears or any insecurities or disappointments she may be suffering in seeing you loose control to alcohal again.

Your recovery might be the catylist to your families survival as you know it. Your wife is not your judge but she is your gift to you from God. I hope you have apologised to her for your harsh words.

Peace to you you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 08:00:16 PM »

Hi John,

My prayers are with you and your wife. My husband is just coming off drugs, so I know what drugs/alcohol can do to a family and relationships. Please tell your wife that you love her, and let her be involved in your recovery. And as the others have said, get professional help. You need lots and lots of support.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Oh John.  I am so sorry.

I can't add to the great wisdom given here, but I will add my prayers.

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 01:55:10 AM »

Hi John W

Amen to All that have respnded.

I pray that God will turn your wine into living water.

I know that God will take you on the journey that is needed to bring you to Himself.

Beloved
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:56:56 AM by Beloved »

DuluthGA

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 04:19:14 AM »

Hi John,

And an official 'warm welcome' to the forum.  I too am a struggling imperfect being in more ways than one.  I have respect for you in stepping forward in efforts to make good progress, although I have no idea of what exactly to say, have no direct experience.

I will just give you love as a forum friend, if this is possible.  I would like to see you come visit us on your better days.  I give you a simple long hug and let you know that I too have dismal dismal days.

There are better ones ahead. 
You and I will both be there... one fine day.
With Christian love, :)
Janice

Sue Creamer

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

Hi John,

Since you have been visiting the forum (but not posting) you have probably read many times and it has been repeated many times that every day, every minute, every second of your life is according to God's will.  You are in the circumstances today because God willed it to be, for a purpose, and most of the time there is no understanding why!!   

We are responsible for our thoughts, and God is responsible for every event in our life and we are at his mercy!  He will remove our sins in his way and in his time.  Every day I rise up to start a new day I wonder what lesson God will teach me, what fiery trial might I have to endure.   It is so hard to see past the pain sometimes, but if you believe he is in charge, it makes it easier ...!!!  I do pray God will strengthen you and give you insight into this trial, I pray for his peace and love in your life and if it be his
will that you and your wife will be reconciled.  Hang in there and focus on God's will for you.

peace, love
Sue Ann 

skydreamers

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »

Hi John, you will be in my prayers.  Alcoholism/addiction runs in my family and I have a brother only two years older who is really struggling with it.  It's not an easy road for sure.  But you were sober for six years and that is awesome!  If you've don't it before it surely is possible that you can make it there again.  My prayers are with you, may the Father give you strength to endure to the end.  :)

Peace and love to you,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.