bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May I share some of my “church” experiences with you?  (Read 6055 times)

dessa

May I share some of my “church” experiences with you?
« on: October 03, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »

My story has served its purpose so it needed to be removed.  Haven't gone anywhere.
Shalom,
dessa

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:55:07 AM by dessa »

lilitalienboi16

Re: May I share some of my “church” experiences with you?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »

Many times Mother told us four siblings to obey the Golden Rule.  “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”  We were also expected to be honest, not steal, be dependable, etc.  I considered myself a good person as I grew up.  Oh, and we did not attend a church.  Never as a family.  My concept of God was some entity far away.

My husband and I were married in a Baptist parsonage without family or friends present.  Ten years passed and our family increased to two daughters and a son.  Our family unit also did not attend a church.

It seems that we started attending a little Methodist church so that my husband could be on their ball team.  Anyway, we did begin attending Sunday School.  It seemed like a good idea to also go to ‘preaching’ occasionally.  I remember thinking that some church teachings must be for foolish, uneducated people.  On top of that, I didn’t need to be saved from my ‘sins’.

Some months after we became ‘church goers’ I believed a fourth child was on the way.  Very soon morning sickness would begin and I would not be able to attend.  Months would pass before the sickness left me.  And thoughts about wanting to be extra good during this time kept coming to me.  It occurred to me one Sunday morning while getting ready for church that going to the altar would be a good thing to do.  And today would be the last Sunday before my morning sickness began.

The pastor gave his routine ‘altar call’ at the end of his sermon.  Without hesitation I got up and was the lone person to go forward.  As I kneeled at the altar I thought, “What in the world am I doing down here?”  Immediately a loud (non audible) voice said to me, “Do you accept my Son, Jesus Christ?”  Within an instant my heart answered  “YES!”  I had walked down the aisle not believing in the deity of Jesus Christ and now I believed with all my heart.

My life was changed.  Weight was lifted from me and extreme joy with peace flooded my soul.  This spiritual high continued for two days.  And I soon learned I was not pregnant.

This I knew:  God wanted me to serve Him.  The only way I knew to serve at the time was to be a pastor.  After applying to the Methodist denomination for acceptance to begin studies for this position I eagerly waited for their response.  Two weeks later the letter came.  The only position possible for me was to serve as a missionary over seas and since I had children and my husband not a part of the request, my place was to take care of my family at home.  I was briefly disappointed but soon went on to other endeavors.

Leaders in the church were skirting a denominational requirement for receiving building funds.  When I discussed it with the pastor he said they were too far along to change direction.  This church’s ethics were lower than mine had been before I believed!  Sadly, we changed to another Methodist church hoping for better. 

My spiritual journey now became one filled with great joy and great sorrow.  While I was keeping a family together and studying to become a professional nurse, attending church was a low priority.  I had my membership removed after the second church questioned my absence and suggested I move to a church in the same town as my home address.

With my previous drafting experience, my RN license and my husband’s building business we were able to design, build and operate an Intermediate Care Facility for older people.  During this time I established a volunteer group for assisting women.  Phone calls from victims were received 24 hours a day on a special line at the ICF.   Each call was relayed to a volunteer with a pager.  Because I wanted to recruit help with this volunteering I attended a charismatic gathering with a friend.  Another personal change was about to begin. 

A fervor to study scripture was the result of my ‘recruiting effort’.  I remember basking in thinking I was some sort of special person when I ‘heard’ for me to remember Judas was chosen also.  Women could not participate in church gatherings to the degree I felt led to participate so trouble began to brew.  Eventually the pastor asked me to leave.

At this point I began to check out the government of many denominations.  The Assemblies of God seemed the way for me to pursue some sort of a spiritual life.  I was thrilled they backed female ministers and began taking the steps to become ordained.  During this time I believed God was leading me to help pioneer a church so when the church had a ‘split’ I chose to follow the ousted pastor.  My expectations to return later on were dashed.  I was publicly removed from the membership during a Sunday morning service.  Now there were two kick outs!

The startup AOG church was not working for me.  To prevent my friend from teaching Sunday School  because she smoked was too harsh for me.  Weren’t we all sinners?  By this time I was licensed to pastor a church so I went this direction.  We located in the now defunct ICF business building my husband and I owned.  This was unacceptable to my AOG superior because it was close to his church. 

My small congregation wanted to stay put and not be an Assemblies church.  And so I did not renew my credentials and we became non-denominational.  It didn’t take me long to know that God was not blessing this endeavor. 

Civic groups became more important to me than a church group.  One civic group met in a Lutheran church and again my spiritual needs won out.  I became a Lutheran!  All during these years my husband supported me to the fullest.  However, he never joined a church with me.

The lady Lutheran pastor was having personal difficulties and I let her outburst toward me turn me away from church participation again.  She has a special place in my heart because she is the only pastor with which I had unpleasant memories who asked (and received) my forgiveness for a wrong.

What a rocky walk my spiritual journey continued to be…

The onset of personal computers in the early 80s intrigued me.  My learning about them became a personal thing also.  I joined the Internet when leaving certain sites caused financial charges to begin for the user.  The capabilities of the present day PC and the Internet are still mind boggling to me.

Not long after leaving one church I would want to find another one where I could be reasonably content.  During an online search I came across a local Unitarian Universalist web site.  I could be different and still be accepted!   My husband and I began attending and I signed the membership book.

I immediately clicked with the female pastor.  While attending the services at UU I began to question my spiritual experience at the little Methodist church.  Had I ‘mind read’ the congregation that day and not heard from God?  My doubts lingered only a short time before my faith returned full force.  Leadership’s lack of compassion for the pastor grieved us.  We soon left that group also.  We were done with church going!  Sunday mornings were spent contentedly at home.

Ever had a thought that wouldn’t go away?  During our stay at home on Sunday mornings I had one where I kept seeing the unusual roof design for a United Church of Christ building.  I had designed the tall window behind the pulpit in this church.  Years had passed since I had worked as an architectural draftsman on the project!

The only way I could figure out why I kept having the vision was to visit the church one Sunday morning.  My church going started again!  And yes, I joined this UCC group.  My husband enjoyed the church as we attended together.  The congregation was small but my ability to ‘fit in’ was difficult.  I was a welcomed  newcomer but never really felt I belonged. 

While searching the Internet again I came across a large United Methodist church starting small group facilitator training.  I was given permission to attend.  My husband drove us to the church on a Friday prior to the next weekend training sessions.  It enabled me to know what time to leave home and what route to drive.  I attended the training almost in a stupor.  I had to attend because it was something my husband had helped me to do.  He died suddenly on Monday evening, his funeral was Thursday and by going to the training on Friday I had a sense of his presence.   He was an ex-American prison of WWII and the day after his death was 911.

For a while I attended both the UCC and the UM churches.  Five years ago I moved my membership to the United Methodist church.  As usual, I could not be content in this church for long.  While searching the Internet for something to satisfy my quest for God’s way to worship, I stumbled across the web site sponsoring this forum.  What a blessing it is now to be able to share some of my spiritual life with you.

Our Heavenly Father has blessed me over and over again.  Two weeks before 911 my husband and I talked about our faith.  He was an honest, hard working, family man with a Baptist background and experienced trauma quite young in the church.  Jesus Christ was not in his vocabulary.  When I asked him if he wanted to do what God wanted him to do he replied, “Yes, of course.”  His response gave me a peace because if God could make me a believer He could make whomever He wanted a believer.  All of my Christian friends, including one daughter, remain very quiet when I tell about this.  My daughter was even in tears about the fate of her father, and in her words, “He was such a good man.”

I am grateful for the web site with L. Ray Smith’s writings.  I never quite believed in a burning hell but the scripture backing my belief is so welcome!  And that ALL will be saved gives me great joy.  My days in this ‘tent’ will soon cease.  May the change come swiftly so that my children will not be burdened with my care.  Our Heavenly Father is my life but my children come a close second.

This previous “sinless” person now has sins that require daily forgiveness.  It has taken all my experiences to get me where I am today.  Many were omitted in this writing.  I could not have tolerated spiritual meat alone in my infancy.  My learning was greater during my stay with the charismatic group than any same time period since.  How are we to attract new believers with my kind of background?  I pray whomever God chooses for mapping out this course he/she will accept it with joy.  Shalom

Aw dessa, i'm sorry to hear about your husbad. I'm sure your children are very lucky to have you as there mother!

Knowing that so few have been given what we have, when it comes to knowing Christ, makes this gift so preciouse and something we are so thankful for. It's hard to understand why God chooses who He does, young and old, smart and dumb, strong and weak, quick and slow, who knows except God?

It truly makes me humbled to know that He has given me that chance to be comformed into the image of His Son in this lifetime.

I once heard ray say; "Its not about the quantity, but THE QUALITY." It doesn't matter when Christ comes to you with His marvelous light, It simply how WELL that light shines in you, when He does come, that matters!

God bless you and thanks for shareing!

A brother in Christ,

Alex

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:06:14 PM »

God is blessing you and you blessed me with this post. :)

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »

Thank you for sharing, Dessa. :)

It's been quite a journey for you, and I thank God that He led you to BT and to this forum.

Ursula

DuluthGA

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:02:09 AM »

Hi Dessa!

Very very interesting life experiences!  Thank you for sharing big time!

I have skim-read your post and will re-read tomorrow as I have to hop for now... 

Off I go into the night!!!!!!!!!  Am almost ready for sleepy time.

Will find out more about you and chat with you manyana!  Joy for your forum friendship!

With love in Christ, :)
Janice

Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:16:56 AM »

Hi Dessa,

Thanks for sharing that testimony of all your church going experiences.  I find it interesting how we all have the church experience, so we can have a better appreciation for the Truth.  I never felt the joy of studying the scripture while in the church, now everyday I look so forward to seeing what God will reveal to me in His Word.
I hope you will continue to post your comments, as I'm sure you have learned a lot from all you have experienced in your life.
As Alex said, God choses people from all walks of life, we embrace those that God bring to Himself and gives them sight, as He sees fit.

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »

Wow, that is quite the journey!  Thank you for sharing it with us, I'm sure there is much we can learn from you so I hope to see you posting more... ;)

Peace and love,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »

Thank you for sharing your journey so far.  My it is amazing how you got in and out of so many churches.  I am sorry you lost your husband. I know you have much wisdom to teach and share w/ us.  I am so glad God has brought you to us.

DuluthGA

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 03:13:49 AM »

Thanks again for sharing your story Dessa,

And what a story it is!  A tale of contrasts... your unchurched youth with a "far off God" ...  and your adulthood into a cornucopia of churches and growing into feeling closer and being drawn by Him all the while... with highlights of your defining moment at that very special alter call... and being given the desire to serve Him directly and foremost.  It is also a tale and testimony of your fortitude... you sure did keep marching forward ;) right on to God's truths, out of Babylon, and reaping the benefits of Ray's site fairly recently, as you say, in the last five years.  KEWL!

It's great you were given an inkling of some of His truths along the way, especially DA BIG ONE: I never quite believed in a burning hell but the scripture backing my belief is so welcome! Happy!

I really related to a few of your thoughts and circumstances while in a church that didn't seem to add up to what the spirit was carving within.  What a process we go through! 

And so nice to hear you say Our Heavenly Father has blessed me over and over again.  Amen dear sister!  Amen!

I am sorry for the loss of your husband.  As you know I'm a widow too.  Whatever became of your Intermediate Care Facility? 

I'm not quite sure how to receive your last paragraph and would like clarification from you when you get time...

How are we to attract new believers with my kind of background? I'm not sure what you are asking... ummm... something like how are we to witness for Christ, spread His word and truths... something like this, or something different altogether....?  Just not sure how your (previous) background fits into the question, sorry if I'm making this more complicated than it appears.  Lemmie know if you wish.  Are you asking how to now continue serving God as you feel very definitely led?

AND

I pray whomever God chooses for mapping out this course he/she will accept it with joy. I take this as you wish joyful blessings upon another who might also be given to receive the same sort of tortuous road of churchianity interwoven with true spirituality.  Think I get it!

Dessa, my days in this ‘tent’ will soon cease as well.  Thanks for the reminder!  :D

Wow, what a lifetime indeed, Linda, AND IT AIN'T OVER YET~ 
Thanks a lot for your special blessings again. :) :-* :)

With His joy,
Janice

If you have time, please read my post on my church years at:   http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3724.0.html  It's just a small bit about a slice or two of my life.  :)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:33:49 AM by DuluthGA »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »

Shalom Dessa

I can say that with the benefit of hindsight, that the greatest shocks regarding how so called brethren are meant to behave, all came from my association with Babylon and Babylons loyal members. Not only that, I firmly believe that one decade of chronic depression was the direct result of believing the heresy and seeing no escape from the deceptions and errors that appeared to be truths and condemnation.

It is so wonderful to be out of that darkness and deceit.

Through Bible Truths I am learing that I can not make the blind see or the deaf hear. I am being drawn to the peace of Christ and so much so that I can sit down with blind and deaf people and be comfortable telling them we shall have to agree to disagree.

It is truly wonderful that you are able to come here via the internet! Our Lord has indeed blessed you with the courage to learn! I am not at all internet literate and am most grateful that my Lord provides and has provided this haven of stimulation and challenge during the time I have been here.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Bradigans

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

Could I share this article here:

Is a Pastor the Father Figure of a Church Family?

There is a popular idea being promoted today where the family model is taught as the main model for the local church. But the Bible teaches that the human body with all its members, joints and ligaments (see Col 2:19) is the model for both the universal worldwide priesthood of all believers, meaning all Christians, and the local church as well. Hence we are called the Body of Christ not the family of Christ.

Certainly, a general comparison of the church to a family can be a good constructive thing and can bring warm pleasant thoughts. While the family can surely be used to parallel certain things about church life and provide some insights, we must remember that the body is the model for the church given in the Bible. 
     14For the body is not one member, but many. 15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the smelling be? 18But now God has set the members every one of them in the body, as it has pleased him. 19And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 20But now they are many members, yet but one body. 21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of you: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22No, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely [unseemly, less presentable] parts have [become] more abundantly presentable. 24For our comely [more presentable] parts do have this need: but God has tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked. 25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 1Cor 12: 14-25

Here we see that all Christians are important members of one body. Other Scriptures show us that the Head of this body is Christ Himself:
    22And (God) has put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fullness of him that fills all in all. Eph 1:22-23

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist [hold together]. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence [supremacy]. Col 1:17-18
It is clear that we are not all members of one family with the head (or “father”) being a pastor.

When the family model is incorrectly substituted for the body model in the church, big problems quickly arise. Controlling church leaders commonly pervert and twist the body model described in 1Cor 12: 14-25 above and instead promote their idea of a family model to their congregations, of course with themselves being conveniently installed as the father and head of this “family” which they call a church.

Call No Man Father

The Bible teaches:

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.” Matt 23:9

Of course by the context of this Scripture we know that this verse is not saying that we shouldn’t address our earthly father as “father” or “dad”. We certainly can and should do so. This passage is strictly talking about addressing others in the church, specifically other brothers who have a teaching and/or advisory role in the local church. Keep in mind that this kind of role is a function among all brothers and sister as co-equals. This is not an office or position, let alone a position of dominance, power or control.
[Side note: the word “office” as seen in various passages in some Bible translations is not found in the original Greek but in fact was added by the translators.]

Let’s now look at this verse in a little more context to prove the previous points:
  8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all you are brethren.  9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10Neither be you called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Matt 23:8-12

This passage in itself makes a very strong case against the idea of a pastor being the “father” of church congregation and accordingly makes a strong case against the idea of the “family” model being installed in the church. Needless to say, this passage also refutes the popular practice of authoritarian regimes in churches. If we are not to be called “masters” according to verse 10, then by common sense we also know that we are certainly not to be recognized as a master by any Christian. If we are not to be recognized as masters, neither should anyone else be so recognized. This fact is also proven out in Mark 10:42-45, 1Pet 5:1-3 and other verses that forbid authoritarianism in the church.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if we are not to call any man father, then we are certainly not to install any man as the father of the local church. To do otherwise instantly usurps the headship of Christ and undermines the leading of the Holy Spirit in a local congregation.

Controlling or Advisory Authority?

The one thing that a controlling “father figure” pastor never accounts for is the fact that in a real family, a parent’s authority slowly shifts from a controlling authority to advisory authority over time until the child reaches maturity. At that time a parent’s authority strictly becomes advisory in general since they have no real control over what their adult children do. All they can do is advise, warn, hope and pray that their children will do the right thing in whatever situations arise.
However, authoritarian father figures in the church maintain a perpetual controlling authority within their idea of the family model. So it’s not really a family model at all that they promote, but in actuality an unrealistic twisted version of it. Hence church members gets treated like children forever and are kept in a never ending immaturity, never being able to make decisions on their own and therefore never growing properly in the Lord. This is one of the many dangers of submitting to an abusive manmade religious system in the church instead of following the simple loving commands of Christ and His Apostles as found in the New Testament.

The Apostle Paul was very well aware of these kinds of problems in the church as many verses such as this next verse shows:
   18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God. 20If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21"Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!"   22(which all refer to things destined to perish with use)--in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? 23These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence. Col 2:18-23 NASB

In Conclusion
The family model simply does not work as the model for the church, especially in the area of authority because a pastor or elder is never supposed to have controlling authority over any member of the church (see Mark 10:42-45, 1Pet 5:1-3, Matt 23:8-12, etc.). They are not to have such authority, not even for a moment, not even towards the newest and most immature of believers. A pastor or elder’s authority is therefore always advisory in the lives of congregation members, regardless of whether those members are new believers or those who have been Christians for quite some time. Nowhere in the Bible do we see authoritarianism permitted in the church, let alone some kind of authority of men shifting over time from controlling to advisory authority. We just don’t see any of this in the New Testament church.

We must ask ourselves, in the modern “family” church model, just when are the “kids” finally grown up so that they can make spiritual decisions for themselves according to what they find in the Bible? When is that moment in time? In most controlling churches, the answer is a resounding NEVER. Some churches play a sleight of hand game where they make it seem like they are “launching” someone (usually some extraordinarily submissive puppet) into “ministry” but those kinds of churches usually retain immense unbiblical control over that “minister” in one way or another.
Imagine a parent who finds some underhanded way to keep control over their child all the way into that child’s adulthood. Maybe it’s a wealthy family and the child is threatened with the loss of their inheritance if they don’t comply with the eccentric wishes of one or both of their parents. Imagine how wicked that would be. Suddenly you have kids from rich families marrying people they really don’t love, running businesses that they really don’t want to be involved with and engaging in all kinds of their things contrary to their personal wishes, and more importantly contrary to God’s will for their lives. What you essentially have in cases like this is puppets on a string, not mature grown up offspring.

It’s the same way in most churches today. All around us we see the same kind of eccentric “family” things going on in abusive churches, just in a slightly different way than my example. Men hold certain promises and rewards over the heads of their followers. They offer rewards for obedience (usually position, power and recognition) and they threaten punishment for non-compliance. So we have all kinds of good little pastor robots running around who refuse to buck the ungodly system of manmade teachings and traditions for fear of loss of something they want. As I have said before, a cure for this is to STOP WANTING the false opportunities that these men and these kinds of churches offer and suddenly their power over you will disintegrate into dust and go up in a puff of smoke.

- Paul Howey

DuluthGA

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »

Thanks for additional testimony, Dessa!  Shalom! :)

God not only forgives our stumbling... He nailed it to the Cross!

Col 2: 13-14   Yes, although you were dead in your offenses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God brought you to life together with the Anointed One.  He has dealt favorably with all of our offenses, has erased our handwritten note of debts consisting of the decrees against us and which was hostile to us, and has taken it away out of our way by NAILING IT TO THE STAKE.

These two verses alone makes one wonder how the heck churchianity EVER got the idea of eternal torment? ???

Anyway, JOY to you Dessa! :)
Janice

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:51:11 PM by DuluthGA »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »

Hello Dessa

Thank you for sharing that. It made me think that God also knew Eve would take the forbidden fruit. Perhaps she did not know herself before she was tempted and only after she succumbed. Meanwhile she started life as a carnal being.

I believe we do not know our limitations and weakness and liabilities to temptation unless we are shown them. As we learn we are weak, liable and that we fail, then by contrast and through Gods Grace, we can start to learn to lean on Christ for His faithfulness in the frailty of ours and for His Wisdom in the presence of  our self reliance, leanings towards our own understanding and ignorance. I believe through this process God chooses to  draw some nearer to the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by contrast to and with the carnal self. Like the thief on the cross. He knew he had sinned and deserved to be executed.....

I believe we have to know, experience see and understand that our own nature is beastly, before we can even begin to know and appreciate by contrast, the nature, character and will of God.

It is an encouragement to have recieved the teachings via Ray.

Peace to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 07:56:54 PM »

Hello Bradigans

Paul Howey has not corrected in his writings that there is no eternal punishment. He also has not learnt that it is not called for that we go out and tell everyone about Jesus.

Ref http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS?

I have sent him the front page of Ray's website.

May he never be the same again ;D ;)

What I have wondered about myself is why I also used to cling to the one percent of truth I'd see in the 99% of errors and let that influence how I saw the 99% instead! After finding the 100% diamond here in BT I can see by contrast that I was wrong only because I had not found that great pearl of wisdom. I hope Howey changes his website. He will need to change much of it...or not :-\ ;)

Peace to you

Bradigans

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 04:33:10 AM »

Hello Bradigans

Paul Howey has not corrected in his writings that there is no eternal punishment. He also has not learnt that it is not called for that we go out and tell everyone about Jesus.

Ref http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS?

I have sent him the front page of Ray's website.

May he never be the same again ;D ;)

What I have wondered about myself is why I also used to cling to the one percent of truth I'd see in the 99% of errors and let that influence how I saw the 99% instead! After finding the 100% diamond here in BT I can see by contrast that I was wrong only because I had not found that great pearl of wisdom. I hope Howey changes his website. He will need to change much of it...or not :-\ ;)

Peace to you

I believe he will get there. What is the old saying, DON'T THROW THE BABY OUT WITH THE WATER. Folks have been indoctrinated in their belief systems. At the right time, he'll be ready for a higher level of truth. Proverbs 25:11 - A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.I'm not certain he can digest some of Ray's teaching just yet. Be patient with some of the littler brethren. Have you visited his website? Also, remember Jacob was a mess, but God knew in His foreknowledge that Jacob had a heart for Him (Romans 9:13). Be patient with the one's with immature digestive systems. We could do more harm. Everything in its' season (1st Corinthians 9:19-23)...

Those weaker in the faith may be off and missing it here and there. But encourage them. Don't condescend. They'll get there. We all need to pray for discernment to distinguish between weaker brethren and a wolf.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »

Hello Bradigans

I contacted Paul Howey and quote :  I do not recall coming across anyone by the name of Ray Smith or his teachings. If you would like to send links, I can review them. Also, please visit my website .....

I have not included Howey's  web site address and neither will I pass it on to anyone in good conscience.

I sent him Ray's teachings and have not heard back from him. I visited his website and hence my view is taken from the comparison with Howey's teachings with the Truth of Ray's.

I am not going to hold my breath because it may or may not happen that Paul Howey comes to know comprehend and understand the Truth at this time. If he does he will not likely thank me and neither should he and if he doesn't I will just be small potatoes to him :D ;)

Peace to you

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:03:29 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.