bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: mother is dying  (Read 8720 times)

ez2u

mother is dying
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:55:04 AM »

Please pray for my family and myself as my mother is losing her fight with cancer.  This is really a hard time for us all, 5 sisters, because my mom had such a hard time showing her feelings with us.  She was not warm and loving nor compassionate.  It has left us scared and never being able to change that and her death it will be harder on some.  One of my sisters, a dear christian, whom  has suffered so much with mental problems was not able to connect with her.  Her name is Beth, Elizabeth, she will specially need your prayers.  She is also deaf her world is so different. :(  sincerely peggy

Grateful

Re: mother is dying
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:47:18 AM »

Dear Peggy,

Ohhhhh, I'm sooo sorry......  it IS very difficult to have a close relative who was not able to show warmth and compassion!!   And since I am deaf myself (I have a cochlear implant now, which is really neat!), I suffered loneliness all my life until a few years ago, I too KNOW the anguish of mental suffering!  SOMEhow, though, everything IS going to "turn out alright in the end!"   I have said that to myself over and over and OVER for MANY years, and it has ALWAYS turned out to be true!    Yay!   :)      YES!  I WILL pray for ALL FIVE of you to receive the inwardly-felt Healing your souls SO CRAVE (I capitalize these words, because I KNOW the Feeling.....and I give Thanks to our Father in Heaven who HAS given me healing on one point after another, and that He will do so for YOU ALL too!).  A few years ago, I happened to look up the word, "faith", and discovered that its origin means "confidence."  And because of all the experiences I've been made to undergo by God, and be given the blessing AFTERwards, He has caused my faith in Him to groooooow!!!  It's so exciting to "be caught" by God and WATCH what wonderful Works He does in your life!!   :)

True, the Healing might not come tomorrow, but it WILL come at the proper time......   Just you wait and see!!  :)

Isaiah 26:3  --  "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee."
I have clung to this Bible verse MANY times....and discovered it is SO TRUE!!

God's Peace settle softly over you and your sisters,

Linda

DuluthGA

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 05:09:31 AM »

I am right there with prayers all the way around Peggy...

... will just send love for now and more later.

You have my utmost as a forum friend!  Will post more later Lord willing.

You have 5?  I wish I had just one sister! :D God love you all, Peggy.
Janice

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:50:28 PM by DuluthGA »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:25:04 AM »

What cancer has you Mom got Peggy? How long has she been fighting? Are all your sisters available or do some of you live further away? Is your Dad still alive? Is your Mom at home or commuting between home and hospital? Is she in pain?

If these are invasive questions please just ignore them. I simply want to relate to what you are suffering better. Cancer is not just an accademic word. It is a real life challenge and expereince. My own Mother died from Liver Cancer. She did not fight it. She lived for six months between diagnosis and death. It was a very painful expereincefor me to loose her.

Peace be with you all

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:27:50 AM by Arcturus »

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your family problems.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I pray that you will receive strength in this difficult time.

God bless you and your family,

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 11:52:22 AM »

Hi Peggy,

You have a large family and so you have all of your sisters who need comforting, not to mention yourself, at this difficult time.  I will pray that God will help you all have His peace at this most difficult time.

Phi 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »

my mother had breast cancer the same time I did she did the regular therapy than she got lung cancer and had some of her lung removed now I don't know what the cancer is yetjust that it is terminal  I had to leave my family many years ago in order to live.  The relationship was too toxic.  In the last 10 years I have been reaching out to my mom and trying to love her and accept her and what she could give me so that I would have a chance to love her.  It has been painful and some rewards.  My dad was in a mental hospital since I was 5, got out when I was 16 and had left home.  I did not know him.  He was hard of hearing and so medicated up it was impossible to have a relationship with him. through the phone or letters.  My only brother was kill by a drunk and drugged driver in 2000  it was terrible as his brains was found in the back seat.  The young mans father was an attorney for the apellite court so he got his hand slap.  I know this will affect this young mans life.  I told my husband last night when I got the news  he said nothing and did nothing  just kept on watching t.v.  so I went to my room and cried the tears won't stop  now I will tell you something   when I was 5 1/2 I was put in the hospital for starvation  I was there for a month getting nourishment and  iron and vitamin shots each day.  Many terrible things happen to me because my mom had a load that was over whelming for her to carry.  In the slums when you are raising yourself preditors are all around.  I was a child that was another mouth to feed born after her one son was born.  My brother and I was very close but she favored him above everyone else. I was sexual abused by several  I was physically abused by my mentally ill sister for years and I was raped by several men.  When I became pregnant I was sent away at 16 and had the baby with no one beside me.  The baby was taken away from me  not because I was on drugs I wasn't nor was I a unfit mother but because my mother would not help me after I had the baby.  She said she couldn't raise another child  but later help my youngest sister.  I did not get a good education because as soon as I could  I worked to help my mom put food on our table  when I left after I had to give my baby up  I supported my self and finished high school.  I end up moving to Florida to start a new life my myself here.  I had no car and no money and hitch a ride with a young man.  It was the hippie time. Jesus came to me and show me His love what I needed the most.  It changed my life  but you do not walk out of all that easy and I did not either. but that is another story  this is my freak life with my bio family. now my mother is dying and the pain is deep raw and I am bleeding.  It is a funny time because all of my friends have died or moved away it very hard for me to share this  I am not a freak I have worked hard to rise above all this an have a decent life.  With the help of Jesus and his mercies.  If some of you think this is pride it is not it is pain raw pain.  Peggy

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »

This is going to be a very hard time for you. The only thing that you can do is love them all.

You can take this opportunity to tell your mother that you love her. You can also tell her that you feel bad about all the bad things that must have happened to your mother in the past.

Look past all the bad things that happened between you and her and see her as a little child of God who is spiritually bind and deaf)[/color]
People who appear cold and do not show emotions have usually been deeply hurt in the past. There may be something about you that reminds her of one of those things. I too had some of my mothers characteristics and that irritated my father.

Remember you are not the problem. You have nothing to feel guilty about. But you can undo one thing.  You can make sure that she is loved NOW unconditionally. You can forgive her of all the things YOU think she did to you.

The blessing is that you know that in God's plan All things will be made new. Every thing that has happened on this earth WILL glorify God in the future. We cannot always see it from our prospective. But rest in the Lord and know ....we will understand it all some day.

You know me I have to put my carnal two cents in but cancer is not some boogyman out there that come into you. It is a cell that becomes so disobedient and reverts back to juvenile behavior.

It eats whatever it wants ( hence weight loss and nutritional deficts) It goes where ever it wants  to  (hence metastases and pain) and it selfishly tries to take over everything including the person themselves. Our own self is attacking us WOW 

Since you have died to Christ your body is no longer important. Even though your life has been hard remember that Christ has been working on your soul and conforming it to Himself.

(2Co 12:9 KJVR)  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

(2Co 12:10 KJVR)  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

All you past troubles were not for nought....

For this exact moment ....you were made. 

Your job now is.... to present your Master to you family....that is all you can do.

I pray that you may be at peace knowing that God loves you and He loves them too. 

Beloved
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:54:25 PM by Beloved »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »

Aw peggy, i'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you, your family and with your mother.

God bless you!

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 03:58:33 PM »

Peggy

thank you very much for opening up your wounds and suffering for us to appreciate and empathise with you and for you. I see no pride in your testimony at all.

The words that are shared with you and all of us who are suffering in diverse ways via Beloved are help in time of need.

Joe has also opened a thread called Gods Blueprint http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5610.0.html that I believe may offer you some supportive thoughts at this time in your life.

I too have recently been caused to look back over my life. I too have seen much distress, rebellion and pain and I trust too and am reassured that non of it will be in vain. That comforts me.

Perhaps you need to take a mild herbal calming agent to help you cope. There is nothing trivial about what you are experiencing at all.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 09:25:03 PM »

Peggy,

I'm so sorry for what you and your sisters are going through. I see your heart in your posts, and you are an honest and forthright person. I pray that you will have peace and also your sisters.

Ursula

Robin

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 05:31:16 AM »

My prayers are with you and your family Peggy.

Psalm 25
 15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
       for only he will release my feet from the snare.

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
       for I am lonely and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
       free me from my anguish.

18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
       and take away all my sins.

19 See how my enemies have increased
       and how fiercely they hate me!

20 Guard my life and rescue me;
       let me not be put to shame,
       for I take refuge in you.

21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
       because my hope is in you.

rk12201960

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 09:46:06 AM »

:'( words can't say the feelings I have when I read these kind of posts.
I know Jesus hears you and cries with you because our God is a LOVING GOD.
I will pray for you and your family and know this, God will never leave you, He already knows what you need.
I see you are well loved on the forum and that is a blessing in it self.
God will turn your pain into glory, hang in there Peggy.

May Gods love lift you until there is no more pain and wipe away all of your tears.

Your brother.
Randy

dawnnnny

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 02:48:12 PM »

Peggy,
I will be praying for your mother and your whole family.
I know a little of this, as my dad was pretty much the same way.
He led a selfish life so when he was dying, it was very hard for me to
put behind feelings of ..... well, sort of no feelings at all.  I felt guilty
because I wasn't more upset to know his life was coming to an end.
It was only later, after his death, that my heart began to heal and I could
just think back on the good times and not the bad. I wish now that I had
had more time with him.  That is one thing about finding out the truths of UR -
to know that he isn't going to be lost for eternity in hell.  That is true hope.
My love and prayers and with you,
Dawn

gmik

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »

Peggy this has been an amazing post.  You have no idea how many people you are helping by opening your heart and soul to us.  The wisdom in these responses will help so many as well (it is helping me too).

I can't add anything but my love and support.  My own mom was very cold, never kissed, said I love you or anything like that.  But my sister and I are like that! Go figure.  She is in a nursing home now, and I am sorry she has alzheimer but I don't really FEEL anything.

She was married 5 times and was out all nite at the bars etc. Beloved is onto something tho, cuz I always believed she never stopped loving my dad (they divorced when I was 2) and was always looking, looking. Over 30 years as a "Christian" and she would never let me finish a sentence about anything remotely spiritual.

Sorry Peggy to blab...I will be praying for you!

conrad

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »

I don't know what to pray or say. Cancer, coldness, mental illness. These affect so many in our world, we can sometimes forget that each case is a person's real story. I lost my dad to lymphoma when I was four. I have no siblings and got on with my mum. I have been hospitalised a number of times with paranoid schizophrenia. I am no different than anyone else. We all have things to get through. For some people these sufferings prove there is no God. But for the dear people here, many of whom have suffered much, by Grace see all that darkness in the perspective of One who was willing to suffer for us and with us. I can only remind you of how deeply you are loved Peggy. And there are people here who will weep with you.

love,

Dave

ez2u

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 01:07:26 AM »

Dave thank you for sharing about your hospitalization  I would like for you to please look up the work of Abram Hoffer and Linus Pauling ,  Mr Pauling was the only recipient to receive  the Nobel Peace twice for his work in this area of vitamin c and niacin which has produced outstanding result in normalizing the brain for Schizophrenia, bipolar and depression.  It an awesome research lasting 50 years of clinical studies and hundreds of papers.  Which our medical field in country is trying their best to hide under the rug.  But the work is out there and there is clinics in Illinois and Washington State.  Thank you all for your prayers.  I know this was quite a shock to me and it cause such an inner turmoil of deeply bury emotions  I had hiding away to be able to live.  I know God is doing a deeper work in my spirit.  I was caught off guard and it was so painful,  boy  I could feel the prayers of support and comfort of this loving community and I really do appreciate your love and compassion  it makes a difference  thank you all love peggy

DuluthGA

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 01:36:57 AM »

Ha!  Just read your new post Peggy and was ready to post this...

I wanted to get back with you Peggy and let you know that you, your mom and whole family are still in my prayers that God's will be done with the quickest of healing all the way around.  And now I "cooked up" ;) a few verses just 4 U.

Eph 6: 10a   … God is strong, and He wants you strong. [MSG]

2Cor 4: 10   At all times, the putting to death of Jesus, in our body, bearing about, in order that, the life also of Jesus, in our body, may be made manifest; [Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible]

And last, because I know you and I know you so enjoy studying His word and you have such a joy and gratitude in our Lord:

Col 1: 10-12   So as to walk worthily of the Lord, unto all pleasing, in every good work, bearing fruit, and growing in the personal knowledge of God, With all power, being empowered, according to the grasp of his glory, unto all endurance and long-suffering with joy, Giving thanks unto the Father that hath made you sufficient for your share in the inheritance of the saints in the light, [Rotherham’s]

Stay well Peggy.... PACE YOURSELF... please keep me informed.

1Cor 12: 26a    And whether one member [of His body] is suffering, all the members are sympathizing, [CLNT]

I enjoy and appreciate U and want U 2 take care of yourself,

With love,
 :P

SandyFla

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »

Peggy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

Do you want to get together some afternoon? We could do something to get your mind off it, or I could provide a shoulder for you to cry on. Whatever you'd like or need. Just respond here or PM me, and I'll call you. I don't have the money right now to do much, but I still want to be your friend.

Hugs & prayers,
Sandy

javajoe

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 02:46:14 AM »

Peggy,

Just caught your post, I have joined my prayers with others on the forum. Keep us all posted.

God be with you!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.