bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: mother is dying  (Read 8716 times)

skydreamers

Re: mother is dying
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »

I'll be praying for you and your family too Peggy!

Peace and much love,
Diana

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 07:11:32 PM »

Hello Peggy,

Dear Sister you have my prayers and empathy as you go through this very difficult experience, my Mother died (coincidently like Arcturus's Mother) 6 months after being diagnosed with liver cancer. My Mom lived in Orlando and my sister had recently moved to N. Carolina (from Orlando) because of a job opportunity my brother in law accepted. I was living in Tampa at the time but both my sister and I decided to spend as much time as possible with her, I won't get into the details but the experience of helping her and just being there for her was a healing soothing tonic for all of us, helping us face the inevitable together.

My sister and I had a benefit that unfortunately you do not presently have, a lifetime of a deep and unquestionable love from our Mother, your experience mirrors my wife's tribulation with her Mom (also liver cancer) who was colder and less appreciative of the things her daughters (my wife and her sister) did for her. Every time their brother even called my Mother in law she would brighten up and say what a great guy he was but she gave little to no credit to her daughters who cooked, cleaned and ran errands for her as her condition worsened. As a matter of fact complaints were more common than thanks as she weakened.

What an incredible journey your life has been, the Lord is preparing you for something truly special!

His Peace and Comfort to you,

Joe

ez2u

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 04:42:08 AM »

My dear brothers and sisters in the Lord thank you all for your love, prayers and encouraging words.  This is a very trying time for me as not only is my mother dying but I don't know if I shared this, my husband is growing worst with his heart condition.  The muscles are weakening and less oxygen is getting to his brain.  His decisions abilities are hingered greatly and i am left with picking up the pieces. I was angry by this at first but I know now I am  being prepare for the next age to come and the sweet fellowship I have here and with Jesus  helps.  Coming to that place of submissions to the will of the Father, laying down even the holes that are in my heart and accepting His will. The holes are still there and the pain is too  Losing my delusions of what I thought my life would be and what God wants it to be is the best.  We look for the success story in this life time but what is success here?  The closer I draw to Jesus the worst I am looking. and it is humbling and painful.  God be with you all peggy 

LittleBear

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »

I'm glad you posted and I can relate to what you are saying. God has a way of getting down into our self-sufficient little lives and pulling the rug out from under us, so to speak. In my life it's sort of like the water torture; you know, drip...drip...drip on the forehead. It's not so bad at first, but it just keeps on coming, doesn't stop, and it drives you mad! Well, in God it's for a purpose and like you said about being prepared for the next age, so true.

Losing my delusions of what I thought my life would be and what God wants it to be is the best.  We look for the success story in this life time but what is success here?  The closer I draw to Jesus the worst I am looking. and it is humbling and painful.

You said this so well, and again, I relate. He takes away our delusions and idols of the heart, and this is humbling and painful. I don't think we realize all the idols we hold on to so dearly until He exposes them and takes them away. It's the process of taking away our idols that is painful and humiliating. Our flesh wants what the world wants and our spirit wants Christ and it feels like a wrestling match inside of us. You know what? It is going to be an amazing success story, but not the way the world sees it. You hang in there and my prayers are with you Peggy.

Ursula

brandon h

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »

Well, dear Peggy, all I can say or do is agree with your fellow brothers and sisters and pray for your whole family. Remeber the unseen, and all the purposes of God. May you and your family be comforted by his warmth in these trying times

God Bless

Grateful

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 03:41:55 AM »

Peggy,

Hang onto Isaiah 26:3 for all you're worth!!  (I've clung to it MANY times, and it DOES "pan out" in verity!)  It goes like this :

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee."

I'm still praying for God's Peace to flood your entire being, and STAY there!!

Love and Hugs,

Linda

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »

Hello Peggy

How are your five sisters and Mom doing?

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

ez2u

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 02:31:26 AM »

Hello family  just thought I would let you all know about my mom.  I talked with my nurse sister (she is a surgical nurse) and she said mom had 6 months to live.  I have been waking up crying because last week my husband had a stroke in our kitchen.  His sight became distorted, he couldn't talk well, and stand up.  He would not go to the hospital he said he wants to die at home.  So his mind has been confused lately and he hasn't been himself.  I have a strong belief in freedom and independance and I can not ignore his wishes.  Some good news is I was able to talk with my mom about the my childhood hospitalization  (starvation)  she miminized the situation at first but I said to her mom you were too over whelmed to take care of all of us.  She had just spent 5 years dealing with a schizophrenic paraniod husband, was 6 mos pregnat, weighing in at 93 pounds,  no money , no home ,no education, no driver license, and 5 children 12 and under. Its no wonder she didn't lose her mind and all of us in foster care.  Love is a beautiful thing on this earth.  We received some freedom in Christ that day.  I was so happy to beable to say finally to her those words and that she was a good mom and I loved her.  When I look at Jesus I see so much love and this forum  reading again this thread  how can I say how much it means to me.  I tried to give you my best and share with you concerning male and female post  but it didn't go well and it got worst.  So happy its gone.  Love  is what I see Jesus is bring me too  I see so much pain in this world right now and in our country.  Is not God preparing us to have his love flowing out of us to others  above alot of others things.  Folks the very same guy who slam me down on the ground and rub my face in the dirt is now a helpless cripple man needing the love of Jesus minister to him and I have the grace to be in Christ Jesus  for such  a time as this.  What a honor.  thank for listening it helps  love peggy

LittleBear

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »

Hi Peggy,

I'm so glad you were able to connect with your mom; I'm sure it was a healing time for both of you. She must have carried the guilt around with her for a long time, and like you told her, she was overwhelmed with her life. I can't even imagine walking in her shoes. I feel that the minimization of the situation on her part is a defence mechanism so that she is not overly conscious of the guilt and can keep going. It must have been freeing for her to hear you say that you understand what she went through and that you love her. That is beautiful Peggy, and thank you for sharing that.

Ursula

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »

Friend Peggy,

Thank you for sharing your intimate feelings and needs.

I'm an old man and have had a few mild problems in my life, but nothing like the pain you have suffered.  I imagine that there are many more folks like me who have had just enough love and just enough success in life to be unfamiliar with the pain you and many others on the forum have related to us.  I think then that the feelings and difficulties you have shared are a blessing to us as well.  We need to know these things.

When a person hasn't suffered, it is more difficult to empathize with folks who have had more than their share and God is training us to develop sincere feelings and a real caring attitude to use in our relationship with Lord Jesus and all the folks we will be helping in the judgment time. 

Jesus suffered more than any of us and yet we can forget his loving sacrifice because it seems so far away and long ago.  Now because of your courage, we have an opportunity to know you and to care for someone close to us, who needs our love and prayers.

Please keep me in your prayers too, so that I can learn to be a more loving and caring person.

Thank you, Bob

dewey

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:50 PM »

Peggy, this is my wife's and my second post.  We have read your request for prayer.  Your story is so sad we cry.  Our thinking is that if all the life forms that have ever been prayed for you, it would not change a thing.  Everything is right on schedule.  He will not change his original thinking since creation.  It has all been said and done.  Whether you or a trillion people pray, doesn't matter.  On the glorious side, prepare to celebrate the passing of your mother.  You are about to witness a miracle.  Going to sleep is as much a miracle as being born.  I have personally taken out a life insurance policy to pay for a huge party with music, dance and drinks and fellowship because I know that when I open my eyes the next time I will be staring my brother and saviour, Jesus Christ, right in the face.

dewey 

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 03:17:11 AM »

peggy,
heartache sucks. i actually just read tonite your original post about your momma. i know God led me to read your post to take the focus off my own heartache.  i will pray for God's merciful lovingkindness to cover you like a warm blanket in a cold world. i pray that He will comfort you thru His spirit within you.  i am so thankful you were able to tell your momma that you love her before she sleeps that wonderful sleep.  i thank God with all my heart for ray smith and for how God is using and working thru ray to reach each of us. teaching us the truths that He knew we would believe, and i thank God that thru bible-truths this forum was started.  in my personal physical and emotional pain it seems that as they grow worse, God draws nearer and nearer to me.  and in those times when i don't think things can get any harder, but they do, i realize that God is STILL there, loving me and comforting me thru His spirit and comforting me through my brothers and sisters on the forum.  i am finding that when i am really, really down, that listening to any of ray's teachings puts it all in a new perspective and my faith and hope are renewed.  as i read back over my reply here i tell myself to remember these words of comfort for myself during my current trials. 

your other sister, in Christ,
claudia

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.