bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan?  (Read 5357 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Satan?
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »

Dear Debra: You questions are based on a number of unscriptural premises.  I will make a few COMMENTS in your email.............

Ray,

I am a Christian and had something interesting posed to me by a new ager.  He was raised Mormon and was familiar with Biblical knowledge.  He asked me something like this… If God controls Satan’s bidding, is Satan really fallen?

COMMENT:  Nowhere do the Scriptures suggest that God "controls Satan's bidding."  A "bidding" is a command or demand that something be done. Nowhere does God demand that Satan carry out his dirty work.  And the whole theory that Satan fell from a high position of perfection is likewise bogus and unscriptural.

It seemed to my friend that God and Satan have a very close relationship 24/7.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  Wasn't it God Who inspired Paul to write: "What fellowship has Righteousness with unrighteousness Light with darkness? and what communion has Light with darkness?" (II Cor. 6:14).

If Satan was the greatest of the angels,

COMMENT:  Satan was ALWAYS A SINNER.  He was a murderer from the beginning. He was never  "the greatest angel."  That's unscriptural nonsense.

perhaps he chose to take on the role of evil as some sort of experience for us spiritual beings.

COMMENT:  No, Satan does not think that he is doing is some kind of a favor. What do you mean "us spiritual beings?"  We are "spiritual" beings: we are physical, mortal beings.

Is it possible that we chose to be here in human form to experience what it is to sin because we are from perfect form and don’t know imperfection?   

COMMENT:  That's just a bunch of double-talk.  Before we existed we didn't "choose" to be anything. Humans did not exist before they were physically born into this world.  Only God is perfect and God does have a knowledge of evil.  Being in the Image of God involves knowing good and evil. 

Perhaps this is all an experiment is what my friend thought and that Satan (Lucifer)

COMMENT:  Satan is not Lucifer. Lucifer is not a proper name, but a verb in its Hebrew form meaning to "howl" like a dog. Read my Installment on "The Lucifer Hoax."

God’s most beloved angel, had taken on a most difficult and lonely role.

COMMENT:  Total nonsense.

God be with you,

Ray

Thank you for your wonderful guidance,

Debra
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:46:47 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.