bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Columbus, maps, and globe  (Read 4314 times)

Scribbles

Columbus, maps, and globe
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »

So many times during a study, or a search, etc....I see an interesting subject or link, and before I know it.....I'm wayyyyy off the original beginning.....but I'm having alot of fun, and learning sooo much. Just the other night I found myself staying up 'til the wee hours reading (again). This post is not to draw out scientists, historians and such, to correct and Analise, etc....but to just share my rambling 'musings'. And if you haven't already thought on these things...I hope it will bless you. Like most of us here, things of our universe is just mind boggling, and we're unable to really wrap our little minds around it. Ray's usage of the word "bizarre" is right on. Our one day is as a thousand to Him holds more meaning than we can imagine. Images of the universe....just awesome. Visualizing looking at the earth from a long distance, from different "directions", and "looking" all around at the vast universe....there's no "up and down", "left or right", etc. And I bet God does not look on the earth from one directton all the time...like we've been made to learn, looking at a man-made graphical image. It's just fun to think 'outside the box'. I have, for a time, been inwardly wishing that I could find a globe...upside down, or even sideways....lol

Anyways...Last night I watched the PBS show about Christopher Columbus. I was appalled to learn he killed so many natives....by tortuous means, simply because they did not "convert" to the Europeon Christiandom beliefs. He wanted gold, converts, and status, for Spains' Crown. There's way too much to mention...but not now....

Then I started looking at the maps of his routes, and learned people of his time, and ancient times actually....knew the earth was round, but didn't know the size of the earth, and that's what Columbus wanted to find out. Some of the old maps were showing the north/south poles reversed ! As they continued their exploring, they started to draw the maps with the continents with the north/south pole, because more of the continents visibly show, as we know it today. They also wanted the sun rising from the east to match the scriptures. (Numbers 2:3,and others) 

And now there are websites that are selling globes and maps with the north/south poles reversed !  I didn't know this stuff was 'out there'.! It's been one more new blessing for the day. The studies here lately have been "deep", and alot of reading and re-reading has been necessary. It's refreshing to learn these things, to step aside for a bit.....to watch some of the stuff on History, and Discovery Channel, as well as the PBS station. Some of it we chuck aside, and balance the rest.

From Columbus, to maps, to upside down maps & globes ! 
It's time to get back to "normal" studies..... ;D

~~ Scribbles ~~

dawnnnny

Re: Columbus, maps, and globe
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:56:26 PM »

Hi Scribbles!

Wow I didn't know that either, but I'm a big fan of most stuff on the History & Discovery Channels.  So much stuff to know, too much to absorb in this lifetime for sure.  Maybe the next...   ;)   
Thanks for sharing!

Dawn   :D

Grateful

Re: Columbus, maps, and globe
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:08 AM »

Hi Scribbles!!  You are as much a TV Documentary 'nut' as my husband & I are!!  Yay!!  You certainly gave me some eye-openers about Columbus in your latest post here!    We watch all the History and Discovery shows that show promise of being revelatory as we can......unfortunately we cannot get the PBS channel....shucks!! 

Thanks for sharing what you did here about Columbus' activities, and the mapping & all.  Did you know that Earth's magnetic North and South Poles are ALREADY in the process of "flipping"?  I.e., they're swapping places.   I'm not sure what happens if they suddenly complete the flip.  However, have you or anyone else "out there" in our BT Forum been keeping an eye on the earthquakes occurring around the world lately?  Anyone can subscribe & unsubscribe to the following website, and keep abreast on the quakes occurring worldwide :
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/neic/   .   Another site is :   http://earthquake.usgs.gov/  (virtually identical).   I pay attention as to the time of the quakes with reference to each other, as sometimes one quake precedes another somewhere else on Earth by mere minutes.   Remember in the Bible where it says "in the latter days there will be earthquakes in diverse places" ?   Plus I've noticed news about a volcano suddenly erupting with no warning and people having to be evacuated swiftly.   And so, we Believers in the Father "watch (Earth's events) and wait"......

I need to go now, so I'll get back to you later!   :)

Linda

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.