bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a friend accepted Salvation  (Read 4539 times)

ez2u

a friend accepted Salvation
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:19:11 AM »

I meet a woman whose father was a minster and was raised in a Christian home but when she was young  she turn to drugs, sex and rock and roll  for many years she fell deeper and deeper into this.  I had the privilege of meeting her and sharing with her about health issues.  We felt a warmth between us and like each other instantly.  This was a on and off relationship for several years.  She came to me to talk and share her problems ect..  Well last summer she was arrested for driving without licence and had point or something  spent two months in county jail.  Jesus came into her life and she is on firer   reading her bible   telling me  all about Jesus  its was great to she her again.  Now she started telling me about how she doesn't believe in tithing and she not sure about heaven and hell and all that horrible stuff she heard all her life  but she wants me to take her to church Sunday?  What Church?  Please pray for her her name is sheri and that I will know what to do about Sunday.  Peggy

DuluthGA

Re: a friend accepted Salvation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:11:15 AM »

Okay Peggy, prayers supporting God's will for Sheri! 

What a dyanamic situation, and your daughter Rose is still with you!  Woo!  Lots goin' on!

It's always good to focus on Christ.... that there is victory with Him in triumphing over the enemy [the Adversary that God has pre-arranged and his assistants -- all spiritual] at the cross and that we are individually called by God to enter into the same sort of circumstances... suffering and death as our Way into His victory.  His spirit in us gives us strength against spiritual weakness, and we then can resist, refuse and ENDURE various tendencies and impulses in our carnal nature.... as well as these spiritual adversaries' subtle attempts to enslave us personally from outside perversions.... like the bad preachings from BABYLON churches!  Watch out!  THIS IS SPIRITUAL WARFARE~!  Jesus has already been victorious and we will all follow Him in time. 

VICTORY VICTORY VICTORY OVER ALL! :)

Plus, turn her on to BibleTruths dot com (of course :))and let God's will rip. :D  Encourage her to read Ray's site!  So good, right?  And she doesn't have to spend a dollar on clothes to wear for 'appearances' in a church setting, ha!

Keep it simple and never hesitate to bow out gracefully if it doesn't feel comfortable especially if it gets kinda CARNALLY ( :D)... you spiritually do not have to be joined to her... and not to worry... per Scriptures!! :)  I admonish you!  Don't get stressed up in this, you have enough on your plate, and God knows this. :-*

ALSO:  V V GOOD to focus on health issues, you are v v good at that! :)

Big love,
J.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:12:03 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »

That's great Peggy!

I would also say give her BT's website and let her read for herself. Ray says it all so well.

Ursula

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

I Didn't try to present Jesus Christ to her, with words and scriptures.   What I did instead was listen to her needs and try to help her.  We went to church once together and she wanted so badly to walk forward I know it was the Holy Spirit  so it was a great encouragement Jesus was drawing her to Him.  She needed a friend not a teacher she needed wholesome fellowship but like what Ray said I didn't partake of her doings so our relationship was very limited.  This work is always the Holy Spirit work I felt I just need to be there and encourage as He sent her to me.  There is a serious drug problem here unless God just releases her from it.  The understanding we have here about salvation and this life being a processes of working out that salvation in Christ Jesus.  What her life in this world will be I do not know but you know it is a joy to see a little lamb come into the kingdom and she is reading the Word and talks only about how much God Loves her and is meeting all her needs.  To me this is clues telling me what God is doing in her life.  Really sweet.  Thank you because directing her to Rays site is what I will do but she doesn't have a computer so its the library.  She needs fellowship as a young christian strong  mature fellowship and she is coming to me so I will have to see what happens.  I have never had a problem with drugs  I never liked them  Seeing what they did to people around me and the mental illness in my family.  What people don't understand is the medication you take for mental illness causes the brain chemistry to stay mentally ill.  It just suppresses the symptoms.  Doesn't cure or take away anything.  Peggy

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »

Peggy,

Thanks for sharing the opportunity you have to be a blessing to your friend.

The thing she needs most right now is someone she can trust who won't condemn her.
You are aware of this and I'm sure you will be a good support for her as she struggles with her difficulties.  The learning process can come slowly for many that God is calling, so continue to be a good listener and a good example.  You are the reflection of Jesus the Christ in her life right now and that is enough to be concerned about for a few months.  A deeper understanding of doctrines can come later.

Please continue to share and to inspire us.

indianabob

dessa

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

ez2u, is there a coffee shop close by that is open on Sunday morning?  Go together and fellowship for about an hour.
Shalom

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »

I've had several experiences of "sending people to Ray's site" and ALL of them have choked on the depth of Truth. Just so I'm clear, I'm not saying don't send them to B-T's, I'm saying be prepared for the good, bad, and everything in between.

Dessa has suggested a great idea. Just have a sit down between the 2 of you.
Does your friend "understand" church?
From LOF VIII; http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

DEFINING "CHURCH"

Just what is a "church?" Strong’s Greek Dictionary, #1570. ekklesia, a calling out. (1b) Ekklesia, from ek, "out of," and klesis, "a calling…" So the church is those whom God has CALLED OUT to be His "called out ones
," hence, Jesus said, "So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last [sorry, don’t have time to explain this unique statement of our Lord]: for many be called, but few chosen." I will take the time to explain this second statement, however.

Notice that the "called" and the "chosen" cannot be the same group, as one is "many" and the other is "few." God has given us a general statement as to whom He has called and whom He has not called. We already know the number of those called is "many." Now we will see the two general classifications of those called:

THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many [some, but not many] wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

But God has chosen the foolish things [many translations do not insert the word "things" in these verses] of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And the base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:26-29).

So we see that God calls MOSTLY those who are: weak, base, despised, nothings!
Are we to believe that God is going to build a SPIRITUAL ARMY of Sons and Daughters by which He will conquer and SAVE THE WORLD?

Hard to believe, isn’t it? I think we can all agree that there is a great deal of work to be done with and to these "nothings of the world" whom God is calling to such a formidable, once-in-an-eternity task!

Grateful

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:30 PM »

Dear ez2u,

I too have had a friendship with someone (she died yesterday....  :'(  ) who smoked very, very heavily, and was a "DIAMOND in the 'rough' ".  We had a great relationship, and talked a lot about the sacred, spiritual side of Life.  She had a LOT of good points, and I admired her greatly!  For example, she took care of 14 foster children overall, as well as raised two daughters.   I had to overlook the 'rough' parts, in order to cultivate the 'Spiritual' aspect of our relationship, and I DID notice some smoothing-out of some rough edges.  I had to remember that Bible Scripture that admonishes us "to be IN the world, but not OF the world (carnally-minded, that is)".  Soooo, hold on to your friend as long as you can, without being "pulled under"..... it is good to be faithful to our friends as well as (and ESPECIALLY) to God our Father.  After all, that friend once was a tiny, innocent baby totally dependent on the care of one or more adults, who hopefully LOVED her deeply!   THAT is how GOD the FATHER absolutely FEELS about each and EVERY single one of us.....forever!!!    :D :-*

God BLESS you real GOOD!!

Linda

dessa

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »

ez2u,
I so agree with the statement below made by Linda:

"Soooo, hold on to your friend as long as you can, without being "pulled under"....."

dessa

javajoe

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 12:03:43 PM »

Say, why not invite her over to your house and have church together?  You can teach her yourself from Scripture, you can pray, sing Hyms, enjoy a meal together, and maybe invite some others as well.   I have long wanted to do that myself.  Wasn't that the way it was in Acts?

DuluthGA

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 03:18:52 AM »

Very good and practical wisdom on your part, Peggy!

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.