bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting to take my rest!!  (Read 6278 times)

sonofone

Starting to take my rest!!
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »

I am thankful,because just in the past two months here I have been growing and changing by leaps and bounds.I was thinking today that up until today probably,I used to regard salvation as a jigsaw puzzle race,or a quest where I was up against the clock to figure out all there was to know about the plan of salvation.I know now that I can get off that treadmill and take my rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ. I know that I will be tempted to get back on it again,but I tell you today I felt such a sweet spirit come over me while doing some shopping in walmart. I knew it was the peace of God that passes all understanding,and I am thankful to God for allowing me to see and take my rest.

Word Student

Re: Starting to take my rest!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »

Son of One,

Would you happen to recall what your thoughts were just prior to your getting the wonderful feeling of peace?

Is there something that you'd been grappling with recently?

Robin

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:48:13 AM »

I'm so glad to hear that sonofone.

Rest was one of the first things God taught me right before he called me out of the church. I battled hard to stay in a place of rest. It was very hard for me because I was a disaster and needed to be fixed. I was far from where I needed to be. I was always tempted to get up and try to fix myself. The church reinforced that by telling me it was all finished in Christ and all I had to do was appropriate all he had finished. I found myself trying to appropriate and failed miserably. I then gave up and learned to rest.

I can remember crying from severe emotional pain that I had carried with me my entire life. I told someone that I had tried everything and couldn't make the pain go away. A few seconds later the pain was lifted. God removed it. I spent the next 5 years with God removing layer after layer of damage. All I had to do was rest and he did it all. The truth that I learned during that time was incredible.

I remember holding onto this verse and understood what it was like to labour to enter into rest.

Hebrews 4:
10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

sonofone

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »

I'm so glad to hear that sonofone.

Rest was one of the first things God taught me right before he called me out of the church. I battled hard to stay in a place of rest. It was very hard for me because I was a disaster and needed to be fixed. I was far from where I needed to be. I was always tempted to get up and try to fix myself. The church reinforced that by telling me it was all finished in Christ and all I had to do was appropriate all he had finished. I found myself trying to appropriate and failed miserably. I then gave up and learned to rest.

I can remember crying from severe emotional pain that I had carried with me my entire life. I told someone that I had tried everything and couldn't make the pain go away. A few seconds later the pain was lifted. God removed it. I spent the next 5 years with God removing layer after layer of damage. All I had to do was rest and he did it all. The truth that I learned during that time was incredible.

I remember holding onto this verse and understood what it was like to labour to enter into rest.

Hebrews 4:
10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
I can so identify with you right now!! Your post has been a blessing to me. Thanks.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:43:17 PM »

sonofone, i think something maybe close to what are you trying to say had happened to me as well. Since the begining of this year i started writing and searching and learning for so many hours, days passed so fast and i dont used to give any rest to my mind, i think it was necesary for me to do this since i could be able to write about some important issues (relationed with bible truths) on my native leguage (spanish), i knew it was temporal but now i am looking for a balance for finding that rest that you are talking about reminding that god is in control of all my actions and all my weaknes at the end will be for good.
from a few weeks ago, it has been hard for me to mantein a balance, between trying to still focus and get some rest on my always changing busy mind.

Does this has to do with what has you experienced a little bit?

talking with honestly

moises

sonofone

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:46:59 PM »

Son of One,

Would you happen to recall what your thoughts were just prior to your getting the wonderful feeling of peace?

Is there something that you'd been grappling with recently?

I don't recall thinking about any one thing in particular. I have been grappling with several issues of late though.God has been dealing with me on several issues which I have posted questions on,in addition to this I mentioned about a more personal issue concerning my marriage in a post titled 100 to 1,and I am also recovering from total knee replacement which is having a negative impact on both my job and my income.In fact I had just received some disturbing news that morning concerning my job.So I had a lot of reasons to feel anything but peace at this particular time,yet that was exactly what I felt and it seemed through this feeling God began to speak to speak to me about this rest I am talking about.I shared this with my wife on last night and I could see that it did her and our marriage a lot of good. I told her that God just impressed upon me that everything was fine,and is going to continue to be fine even     though right now circumstances are anything but fine. I just believe it and God has bore witness to this in my spirit,and so I know this to be true beyond any intellectual understanding.

sonofone

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »

sonofone, i think something maybe close to what are you trying to say had happened to me as well. Since the begining of this year i started writing and searching and learning for so many hours, days passed so fast and i dont used to give any rest to my mind, i think it was necesary for me to do this since i could be able to write about some important issues (relationed with bible truths) on my native leguage (spanish), i knew it was temporal but now i am looking for a balance for finding that rest that you are talking about reminding that god is in control of all my actions and all my weaknes at the end will be for good.
from a few weeks ago, it has been hard for me to mantein a balance, between trying to still focus and get some rest on my always changing busy mind.

Does this has to do with what has you experienced a little bit?

talking with honestly

moises

Yes to a large degree it has. I was in my own personal rat race,trying to figure out and get everything right in my mind in the time frame allowed.I took my own rest for about ten years by finally just giving up. I didn't go to church,total vexation,didn't read my bible,pointless confusion,didn't pray,could not deal with the silence from God it truly was deafening!!.So I did nothing,this was as I said my rest not God's rest. It was God who awakened me from this sleep due in large part to finding Rays site and this forum,I came alive again,everything that was once inactive,is now hyperactive.But just as before I was in the rat race again trying to know all there was to know as fast as I could trying to get to wherever I was trying to get to,when I began to hear and sense that sweet peace and rest that I speak of.

sonofone

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 05:39:25 PM »

But just as before I was in the rat race again trying to know all there was to know as fast as I could trying to get to wherever I was trying to get to,when I began to hear and sense that sweet peace and rest that I speak of.

I will wait for it, i will try to wait patiently, i am just afraid that the good times start making me lazy. I know there is nothing new behind the hills when everything has been behind all the hills before has been just grass, but i think i can come to enjoy my way to the next hill (goal) with fear and tembling and peace. May this is life; walking trogth hills or runing trogth rat races until we die and god change us into perfection.

moises
[/quote]moises,You have to do what works for you.Jesus is the way the truth ,the light,yet we all get to him in Gods good timing,in our own respective ways. Be at peace and enjoy the ride!! God Bless

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 01:05:48 AM »

hi  I can understand the rat race its the slowing down that has me puzzle ???    really  going about our day and being busy is good but having  the peace that passes all understanding filling our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  NICE  knowing that it is Jesus the author and finisher of all of us  faith.  its like being resolve.  knowing God is in control while the world is spinning around faster and faster.  God is in control  good to know  love peggy

GODSown1

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:30:28 AM »

But just as before I was in the rat race again trying to know all there was to know as fast as I could trying to get to wherever I was trying to get to,when I began to hear and sense that sweet peace and rest that I speak of.

I will wait for it, i will try to wait patiently, i am just afraid that the good times start making me lazy. I know there is nothing new behind the hills when everything has been behind all the hills before has been just grass, but i think i can come to enjoy my way to the next hill (goal) with fear and tembling and peace. May this is life; walking trogth hills or runing trogth rat races until we die and god change us into perfection.

moises
moises,You have to do what works for you.Jesus is the way the truth ,the light,yet we all get to him in Gods good timing,in our own respective ways. Be at peace and enjoy the ride!! God Bless
[/quote] Hey! sonofone LOVE! it brother, I remember wen my wife up n left with our children well u mus no da feeln brother?, n e wayz it waz jus like da SKY! is Falling!!, BUT! den da LOVE! & PEACE of GOD!! all around me wow!! wota Feeln! 2 daez later(well it felt like d@ lol!, waz really a week) lol!  ;D my family were on der way home & with Honest! LOVE!! back 2 me!, PRAISE!GOD! PRAISE! HIS MIGHTY Name AlwayZ! orsum!! Thread brother muchLOVE!! & Peace 2 U & urZ! brother, takecare!! GODBLESS! U!! AlL!!!
              muchLOVE!! Pera

Ps. REST! Peacefully! Brother!. PeaceOwt!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:02:52 AM by GODSown1 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.