bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lord's purpose  (Read 5626 times)

javajoe

The Lord's purpose
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:21:39 AM »

Good morning everyone,

I thought this was a great vs I read this morning in Proverbs on God's sovereignty.  It got me to thinking  about all the world events, Nations meet with Nations, people with people, plans are made to seemingly improve the world's situation, yet everything is working out to the purpose God intended all along.  It kinda removes the load off your shoulder.   ;D

19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
         but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

ciao,

JavaJoe

lilitalienboi16

Re: The Lord's purpose
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 04:46:43 AM »

Good morning everyone,

I thought this was a great vs I read this morning in Proverbs on God's sovereignty.  It got me to thinking  about all the world events, Nations meet with Nations, people with people, plans are made to seemingly improve the world's situation, yet everything is working out to the purpose God intended all along.  It kinda removes the load off your shoulder.   ;D

19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
         but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

ciao,

JavaJoe

Wow joe, thanks so much for that! I really needed to read that verse, it was a blessing.

I agree, our carnal minds, and our weak hearts can be so decieving at times, and the adversary knows this and is always waiting to pounce on us when he sees us weak. It's always a nice reminder that God is always in controle, and that all the mighty things He has spoken to us, and all that we have been promised, will prevail in the end. I've always said; "I'm afriad to trust myself."

I really am, for how can a blind man, see his own ways? Me lead? Free will? I don't think i would want to live, if it was really up to me, to save myself. I just couldn't, wouldn't do it. I don't even trust myself now, i'm scared to!

Thanks again for the wonderful verse.

God bless,

Alex

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »

Good Morning JavaJoe and Alex!

That's a great verse to see this morning, and I will keep it in mind today.
Thank you for that!

Ursula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:01:57 AM »

There is great rest in those reassuring words of God.

Thank you for posting javajoe.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Robin

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

Thanks JavaJoe

Here is another I like. I am still far from grasping all this 100%

Proverbs 16:33 (Amplified Bible)

33The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him].

(New Living Translation)

33 We may throw the dice,
      but the Lord determines how they fall.

Grateful

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »

Hi lilitalenboy 16 !

I too have felt the same feeling of being scared, of not knowing what the right thing to do in any given instance IS.  However,  the more often of the Bible's verses, passages, and principles that I become aware of, and have been able to commit to memory and to my heart's desire, the more confidence I have in God to bring up a verse, passage, or principle to my mind when I'm in a spiritual crisis of one sort or another (be it minor or major), and SAVE me from a "sticky" situation.  That's another reason I'm often delighted while I'm currently undertaking the most massive project I've EVER undertaken, which is studying both of my Bibles :  Scofield's New AKJV Reference Bible  and the Bible that Ray Smith quotes from so often, Rotherham's Emphasized Bible,  at the SAME time, comparing verses in each version, and looking up the cross-references, as well as reading Scofield's enlightening footnotes.  I just want to mention one thing, however, and that is that Scofield uses the words "sheol" and "hades", yet he still calls them "hell" in his marginal notes and footnotes......and you and I know that Ray Smith has blasted THAT concept to smithereens (oops, I just made a pun, and didn't even know it until after I typed the word!!  AH HAHAHA!! ).   Knowing as many Scriptural passages as we can DOES help us when we are in "crisis mode".....I don't know how MANY times different ones have helped me, such as Isaiah 26:3 :

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee :  because he trusteth in Thee."

And the more we experience Life & its daily events, and SEE how God manages to "work out all things for good to those who love God" (I can't remember the Scriptural passage....it hurts my feet to climb the stairs, on account of the screws in them, and my Strong's Concordance is upstairs right now....I WILL look it up, however, and will give it to you, if you wish, if you do not have Strong's), we GROOOOW in confidence in Him and His VERY NEAR-NESS to each one of us who adore Him.  I once looked up the definition of "faith", and its origin is "confidence"  (con-FI-dence, or faith .....  FI = faith ,  such as in the Marine Corps' motto,  "Semper FI",  meaning "Always Faithful."

The next verse is very good too (Isa. 26:4) :

"Trust ye in the LORD for ever :   for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength : "

And when we have a good backlog of stored-away Bible principles for living (such as those found in Proverbs, etc.), God can then cause them to pop into mind when we're suffering a crisis, and (as one of my girlfriends, who died last Weds., used to say,  "Do the next right thing." ) be given the wisdom to know WHAT is the best thing to DO, even if it is to keep silent if someone else is treating us roughly, verbally.

We all, here at BT Forums, those who deeply want to be TRUE Christians, ARE "Spiritual Warriors",  and I love the concept God has given us of "putting on the Full Armor of the Spirit", to do battle with the 'dark forces' who seek to undermine first our minds, then our hearts  (I THINK that's what's happening, anyway.....does anyone else have any spiritual Wisdom to share with the rest of us on this idea?).   I find that I absolutely HAVE TO keep as close a watch on my mind's contents, because if I allow ONE negative thought to creep in, and don't "keep on top of it", I will find myself spiraling downward emotionally & mentally.  So, when I suddenly discover that a negative thought HAS crept in, I MUST say to my mind (the thought that's in it, that is), "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!   GO AWAY!!!" , and then turn my mind to something else positive, or at least neutral (such as paying attention to my current chore (like getting the dishes sparkling clean while washing them.....fairly mundane..... ho hum!  HAHA! )   ;D

Oh, I did not know this posting would turn out to be so LONG !!!   Does anyone have anything else to help us all with, here?

Have a BEAUTIFUL Day, mentally & spiritually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D

Linda

P.S.  Thanks, JavaJoe, for the reminder in Proverbs 19:21 !!  It IS so relaxing to KNOW that God KNOWS the ending from the beginning, and His plans for man will NOT be thwarted......and that His Joy WILL thoroughly permeate ALL of us, FOREVER!!!    :D  :D  :D  !!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 06:13:51 PM by Grateful »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 12:24:52 AM »

Hello Grateful, thanks for shareing that with us.

Yes i do have another verse, this infact is my FAVORITE VERSE!

So here it comes, *Drum roll*

Zec 3:3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

The reason i love this verse so much is because it puts so much emphasis on God, and how it's ALL HIM! Like i said before, i'm scared of myself and i don't trust myself. I do trust in the Lord, however much He has allowed me, and for that i am thankful.

God bless,

Alex

Grateful

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »

Hi again Alex!!

I love your favorite Bible verses too!!  Even Jesus said, "Why callest thou Me 'good'?.....there is none good save God (meaning the His Father AND our Father). "

The fact that you know the Old Testament well enough to have Zec. 3:3-4 as your favorite verses shows me that you probably know enough of the Old Testament to be able to pinpoint that as your fave.   This is why I so deeply and urgently FEEL the desire to study both of my Bibles right from the very beginning and work my way straight through to Revelations, so that I can LEARN just exactly WHAT ALL of the Old Testament SAYS, and can absorb their wonderful, elevating Words into the core of my being.....and make them part of my Armor of the Spirit, like your beautiful Avatar picture shown on your postings implies (I LOVE IT!!!   :D :D :D )

God BLESS you "real hard" too, Alex!  Hang in there TIGHT with all the rest of us who want to head in the Direction of New Jerusalem!   (I'm scared to even THINK that there's "anything" to me......YESSS , it IS ALL GOD!!!  HALLELUJAH FOREVER AND EVER!!  ( "Hallelu" = "Praise" ,  and, of course, "Jah"  = Jehovah!  Blessed be our Creator God and His Father forever!)   We on Earth who adore the Father and His Son can probably be accused of having "Dancing Spirits"!!   :D ;D   Life With Father IS sooooo EXCITING!!!  Yay! )

Linda

Robin

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 01:13:13 AM »

That's one of my favorites too Alex and I can never remember where it is.

I like to put that scripture with this one.

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Zec 3:3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 01:45:09 AM »

Haha i agree grateful, danceing spirits because we know that even if we are filled with all wicked and unclean thoughts, atleast the One who is our Father is far above all these things able and willing to work in us, and He WILL finish the good works He has begun in us. Praise Him, i am so thankful that no matter how decieving i can be, God sees past all my lies.

I pray that i continue to melt in the fire of His undying life, so that i may be refined and tried into the perfect image of His Son, and i pray the same for all here!

To Mg:

Thank you for the scripture, i love that isaiah verse. I'm glad i was able to help you find the verse you love so much.

God bless all,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:31:11 AM »

Isa 6 : 5 Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! 6. Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having a live coal in his hand which he had taken with tongs from off the altar; 7. And wit it he touched my mouth and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity and guilt are taken away, and your sin is completely atoned for and forgiven.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.