bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Squirrels  (Read 4646 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Church Squirrels
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:03:16 PM »

Church Squirrels

There were Five country churches in a small TEXAS town:
The Presbyterian Church, the Baptist Church , the Methodist Church, the Catholic Church and the Jewish Synagogue.

Each church and Synagogue was overrun with pesky squirrels.

One day, the Presbyterian Church called a meeting ! to decide what to do about the squirrels.
After much prayer and consideration they determined that the squirrels were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with God's divine will..

In The BAPTIST CHURCH the squirrels had taken up habitation in the baptistery. The deacons met and decided to put a cover on the baptistery and drown the squirrels in it. The squirrels escaped somehow and there were twice as many there the next week.

The Methodist Church got together and decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creation. So, they humanely trapped the Squirrels and set them free a few miles outside of town. Three days later, the squirrels were back.

But -- The Catholic CHURCH came up with the best and most effective solution.
They baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church.
Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter

Not much was heard about the Jewish Synagogue,
but they took one squirrel and had a short service with him called circumcision and they haven't seen a squirrel on the property since.

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely,
Love truly and forgive quickly

dessa

Re: Church Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

Arcturus,
As the squirrel story unfolded I thought about each church group and got a big surprise ending!
Loved it.
Shalom,
dessa

gmik

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »

:D ;D

Funny Arc, but too true!!!

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »

Good one Arcturus! :D

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:00:57 PM »

That was funny. ;)
When I read the subject it made me think of that song by Ray Stevens, Mississippi Squirrel Revival. ;D

Suzie

Grateful

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 10:09:42 PM »

AH HAHAHAHAHAAA!!  (the Jewish synagogue)    ;D   Ohhhhh, ain't that the truth, though?!!!  (about the Catholic Church, that is....I was baptized Catholic at age 8, and NEVER went to church except for weddings or maybe Christmas occasionally....it's been so long ago I can't remember exactly WHEN my parents ever took my brother & me to church, as my mother was not Catholic, and my dad had repudiated that church when his brother got married).   I have a little bit of good news here :  my girlfriend, who died last Weds., was raised Catholic, and was terrified by the nuns who breathed "hellfire & brimstone" to the little children in their charge.  Over the past two years, I'd been able to share the Good News from Ray Smith's bible-truths.com website, and she grew calm in spirit.  I trust and sure HOPE that she approached her own death in total peace of mind and heart!

Linda

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:35:42 AM »

Over the past two years, I'd been able to share the Good News from Ray Smith's bible-truths.com website, and she grew calm in spirit.

Yes Linda I too believe that equipped with the Truth, death looses its sting. What you said also shows the fruit of the teachings we have received.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

That's really nice Linda,

You gave your girlfriend a wonderful gift before she died. The best! So many people die in fear, because they know they don't measure up. That entire hell teaching is so cruel. So I'm happy that she had some peace and knowledge of God's wonderful grace through you.

Love,

Ursula

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »

That was super funny Arcturus!

Linda, what a blessing that you were able to share some truths with your friend before she went to her sleep.  God is good!

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.