bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is Jesus called "the ONLY-begotten Son of God?  (Read 13207 times)

Grateful

Why is Jesus called "the ONLY-begotten Son of God?
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »

Hello all !

I have wondered MANY times why Jesus is called the ONLY-begotten Son of God, since the Bible DOES say "sons and daughters" of the Almighty (meaning the human race....all to be purified one day).  Is the "Almighty" referred to here the FATHER, or Jesus?   Jesus Himself said, "I can of mine own self do nothing....the Father, HE doeth the works."  I DO remember Ray Smith saying somewhere that Jesus is the 42nd Generation from Adam, and that He is the Creator and Father of the human race.  I sure am mixed-up!!  Can anyone help, please?

THANK you very much for any help you can give, my brothers  &  sisters  IN  CHRIST!   :D  :D  :D

Linda

lilitalienboi16

Re: Why is Jesus called "the ONLY-begotten Son of God?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

Hello all !

I have wondered MANY times why Jesus is called the ONLY-begotten Son of God, since the Bible DOES say "sons and daughters" of the Almighty (meaning the human race....all to be purified one day).  Is the "Almighty" referred to here the FATHER, or Jesus?   Jesus Himself said, "I can of mine own self do nothing....the Father, HE doeth the works."  I DO remember Ray Smith saying somewhere that Jesus is the 42nd Generation from Adam, and that He is the Creator and Father of the human race.  I sure am mixed-up!!  Can anyone help, please?

THANK you very much for any help you can give, my brothers  &  sisters  IN  CHRIST!   :D  :D  :D

Linda

I heard from ray that there is only one word used to describe begotten, and born. Begotten being concieved, and born of God.

it's the same greek word. Perhaps this means the one and only son BORN of God, as the rest of us are being concieved. Not sure, this is how i see it atm, but i am open to being wrong.

God bless,

Alex

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »

Hi Linda,

As of yet Jesus Christ is the only mature Son, with the Mind of the Father, at One with His will, the only Son worthy of His inheritance but as you mentioned that will change as He brings all of His creation to the Father in His time according to His Plan and Purpose.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. (We are not there yet)

1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 10:34:16 PM »

I heard from ray that there is only one word used to describe begotten, and born. Begotten being concieved, and born of God.

it's the same greek word. Perhaps this means the one and only son BORN of God, as the rest of us are being concieved. Not sure, this is how i see it atm, but i am open to being wrong.

God bless,

Alex

Great point Alex, yes we are presently only conceived, to be "born" in Spirit at His return.

Peace,

Joe 

Kat

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:36:24 AM »

Hi Linda,

Is the "Almighty" referred to here the FATHER, or Jesus?   Jesus Himself said, "I can of mine own self do nothing....the Father, HE doeth the works."

Here are a couple of emails that talks about the relationship of Jesus and the Father.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3261.0.html ------------

Dear Markus:

First, there is no such thing as a "Godhead."  It is "Divine" or "Divinity" or "Deity,"

and it means "that which pertains to God."  God the Father lived and spoke and worked

in His Son Jesus. In his body, Jesus represented God the Father. Hence, he told Philip

that when he saw Christ he also saw His Father (John 14:8-11).  "I and My Father

are ONE" (John 10:30).

God be with you,

Ray

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#father ---------------------------

Jesus said to know Him is to KNOW THE FATHER. So, clearly, we know all that the Father is, THROUGH CHRIST!  And that includes FATHERHOOD. Jesus Christ not only was a man, He is now and always will be A MAN.  Notice that AFTER Jesus was resurrected and returned to the glory and splendor that He had in the beginning with God, that He is STILL called a MAN,

"For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, A MAN, Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nashville conference has a good bit about the relationship between the Father and christ, here is the link to the transcript.

-post 2  (audio 7A) 'WHO IS THE FATHER?'

-posts 3-4 (audio 7B) 'WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

Audio links;

http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_7A.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Nashville07_7B.mp3

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:08:16 PM by Kat »

GODSown1

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 01:49:54 AM »

HE was Born of a Virgin,
                                 "Son of GOD" wow! PraisE! HIM Most assuredly! PraisE! HIS Mighty!, Glorious!, Amazing! Orsum! namE!  alwayZ! GODBLESS! ALL!!

Grateful

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:31:16 AM »

God bless,

Alex

Thank you, Alex!  This DOES sound correct!
Hi Linda,

As of yet Jesus Christ is the only mature Son, with the Mind of the Father, at One with His will, the only Son worthy of His inheritance but as you mentioned that will change as He brings all of His creation to the Father in His time according to His Plan and Purpose.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. (We are not there yet)

1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Thank you too , Joe!!  I admire Christ SO MUCH, He being a MATURE Man, full-ripe with all the sacred attributes of His Heavenly Father!!!  Aren't we LUCKY to have Them as our "Overseers"?   :D   ( OH!!  Guess what I found out that the word "Divine" means in the dictionary fairly recently?  It means "seer", officially.....but I know that the usage of the words "Divine" and "Holy" have a different FEEL to those of us who are devotees of our Father and Jesus Christ.   :) )

Now another question has occurred to me :   what was Christ referring to when he urged us, "Be ye therefore one, as the Father and I are one." ?   One with Him, or one with the Father?

Hi Linda,

Is the "Almighty" referred to here the FATHER, or Jesus?   Jesus Himself said, "I can of mine own self do nothing....the Father, HE doeth the works."

Christ is the Image of the Invisible God. Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is, only in the visible flesh of humanity.  In that respect Christ IS our Father just as Isaiah prophesied.  Jesus said to know Him is to KNOW THE FATHER. So, clearly, we know all that the Father is, THROUGH CHRIST!  And that includes FATHERHOOD. Jesus Christ not only was a man, He is now and always will be A MAN.  Notice that AFTER Jesus was resurrected and returned to the glory and splendor that He had in the beginning with God, that He is STILL called a MAN,

"For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, A MAN, Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

WHAT a MAN Jesus IS!!  Won't it be WONDERFUL when we can finally MEET HIM face-to-His-Precious-Face?!!!   :D  :-*

YES, GODSown1, PRAISE! HIM!!!  And God BLESS  you too!!!   :D

THANK YOU, EVERYONE, for ALL your HELP with this question of mine.....I feel even happier now, after reading all your enlightening answers!

God LOVE Ya!

Linda<3<3<3

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »

Hello Linda

You ask :
"Be ye therefore one, as the Father and I are one." ?   One with Him, or one with the Father?

For me the answer is to be one with the Father is to be one with Christ. The Father and the Son are one.
We are in the process towards unity in harmony Ephesians 4 : 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect MAN (this point brought into magnification via Kat's contribution of Rays teachings regarding Jesus Christ still being a MAN) unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:06:57 PM by Arcturus »

Grateful

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 08:17:41 PM »

Hello Linda

You ask :
"Be ye therefore one, as the Father and I are one." ?   One with Him, or one with the Father?

For me the answer is to be one with the Father is to be one with Christ. The Father and the Son are one.

VERY good, Arcturus!!  THANKS!!  Just what I needed to hear!   :D :D  8)   

Linda

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

Arcturus & Kat,

Will Jesus always be the "only begotten son"?
Please give more detail concerning Jesus still or yet being a man while at the throne of the Father in heaven. 
Compare that with Jesus' origins and conception and life on the earth.

Is spirit existence yet man in Jesus situation?
Will we in our future spiritual life still be humans?

I think this could use some clarification.
Do either of you have an article from Ray?

indianabob

Hello Linda

You ask :

We are in the process towards unity in harmony Ephesians 4 : 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect MAN (this point brought into magnification via Kat's contribution of Rays teachings regarding Jesus Christ still being a MAN) unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Peace to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »

Hello indianabob

I happen to have a personal response to a question I emailed to Ray two months ago. I believe it will fill in the gaps.

Here it is Ray's response : Dear Deborah:  Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End.

Adam was flesh and blood--Jesus was made flesh and blood.

Adam was the son of God (Luke 3:38)--Jesus was the Son of God (Heb. 1:5).

Adam died--Jesus died.

All die in Adam (I Cor. 15:22)--Jesus being of Adam and made flesh also DIED.

But Jesus has been resurrected to immortality--the "last Adam."

But notice carefully that Jesus is called the "LAST" Adam,

but He is called the "SECOND" man, not the "last" man,

as there will follow many more brothers and sisters (II Cor. 6:18, etc.)

God be with you,

Ray

Peace to you

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:55:16 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »

GOD IS CALLING YOU
TO BE A PART OF HIS MARVELOUS PLAN

Here is God’s plan:

"And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE…" (Gen. 1:26).

"Ye [‘ye’ means ‘all of you’] therefore shall BECOME [it’s a process] perfect even has your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matt. 5:48).

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to BECOME [it’s a process] the SONS OF GOD…" (John 1:12).

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS OF GOD" (Rom. s8:14).

"The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the CHILDREN OF GOD: And if children, then heirs, HEIRS OF GOD and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also GLORIFIED TOGETHER. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature [and the whole creation] waits for the manifestation of THE SONS OF GOD" (Rom. 8:1618).

"And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For ye ARE the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell IN them, and walk IN them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them [‘my people’ Rev. 18:4] and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:16-18).

"But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the ADOPTION OF SONS. And because ye ARE SONS, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying Abba, Father. Wherefore you are no more a servant, but a SON; and if a SON, then an HEIR OF GOD through Christ" (Gal. 4:5-7).

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, THE SONS OF GOD, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world" (Phil. 2:15).

"For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing MANY SONS UNTO GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings" (Heb. 2:10).

"According as He has chosen us in Him before the disruption of the world, we to be holy and flawless in His sight, in love designating us beforehand for the place of A SON…" (Eph. 1:4, Concordant Literal New Testament).

"Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called THE SONS OF GOD: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not" (I John 3:1).

Now then, did God plan to call these sons? Did He have it all worked out in advance? Is there any chance of failure in bringing these Sons to glory? Let’s read it:

For whom He [GOD] did FOREKNOW, He also did PREDESTINATE to be conformed to THE IMAGE [Remember Gen. 1:26—"Let us make man in OUR IMAGE…"] of HIS SON, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He did PREDESTINATE, them He also CALLED; and whom He called, them He also JUSTIFIED: and whom He justified, them He also GLORIFIED" (Rom. 8:29-30).

It should be noted that the verbs in this verse are in the Greek aorist tense and should more properly be translated, PREDESTINATES, CALLS, JUSTIFIES, AND GLORIFIES. This is not a past and completed act only, but a continuous process into the future.

God is calling Sons and Daughters into Glory! All that He "foreknew" He will bring to fruition. But for what purpose? To roll ‘round heaven all day? To play harps and sing gospel music for all eternity? To glut ourselves on dainty foods like some fat monarch? What is God’s first order of the day when all these SONS of God are manifested? Just what will they do? Or will they do nothing? We read part of the answer in one of the Scriptures quoted above. Let’s read a little more. There is a GRAND CHALLENGE AND MARVELOUS WORK waiting to be accomplished by the manifested SONS OF GOD:

THE WORLD IS GROANING FOR IT KNOWS NOT WHAT

"For the earnest expectation of the creation waits FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD" (Rom. 8:19).

Notice this verse in a few other translations:

"For the EAGER outlook of creation ARDENTLY awaits the revealing of the Sons of God" (The Emphasized New Testament).

"For the LONGING of the creation LOOKS EAGERLY for the time when [the glory of] the sons of God shall be revealed" (The Epistles of Paul by Conybeare).

"All creation is YEARNING, LONGING to see the manifestation of the sons of God" (The New Testament in Modern Speech).

Or the creation waits with EAGER LONGING for the revealing of the sons of God" (The Revised Standard Version).

"THE WHOLE WORLD IS ON TIPTOE to see the wonderful sight of the sons of God coming into their own" (Phillips’ Translation).

To be sure, it is GOD Who is telling us that the whole creation is groaning in earnest expectation. It is groaning for it knows not what, but GOD KNOWS! In other words, God is telling US, who are growing in spiritual truths, what it is that the whole world and indeed the whole creation is in desperate need of—the saving power of the Sons of God. We ARE the BODY OF CHRIST! What Christ does, he DOES THROUGH US!

WHY? Why are they waiting for the manifestation of the Sons of God? Of what value will these Sons be to them? We can see why the Sons themselves would want to be manifested as such with God their Father and Elder Brother Jesus Christ, but why would all the wicked humanity of the entire "CREATION" be "waiting in EARNEST expectation?" What in the world is taking place here?

The church teaches that after all the Sons and Daughters of God are in their glory, the rest of the world will be tortured eternally by real fire in a terrorist hellhole of hopeless doom (never mind the fact that God says "there will be NO MORE DOOM") (Rev. 22:3, Concordant Literal New Testament).

Seriously, when all the Sons and Daughters of God are manifested IN THEIR GLORY, why would the ENTIRE CREATION be awaiting this event with almost uncontrollable bated breath, excitement, and anticipation? WHY? What is it that the churches have never told you? What is God going to do with all these glorified Sons and Daughters?

You have heard enough lies, now let’s read God’s Truth. Here is one of the most profound and all-encompassing Scriptures in the entirety of the Bible:

"For the earnest expectation of the creature [creation] waits for THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD. For the creature [creation] was MADE subject to VANITY [‘…surely, EVERY MAN IS VANITY’-- Psalm 39:11], NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [GOD] Who has subjected the same in HOPE. Because the creature [creation] itself also shall be DELIVERED from the bondage of corruption [corruption includes DEATH] into THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD. For we know that THE WHOLE CREATION GROANS AND TRAVAILS IN PAIN together until now" (Rom. 8:19-22).

WOW! Let me point out a few marvelous things in this verse. Notice the chronological order of things in this Scripture and see how it contradicts the terrible teaching of orthodox doctrine:

First the Sons of God are manifested or shown to be what they really are—SPIRITUAL SONS OF GOD (and DAUGHTERS—II Cor. 6:18)! No longer flesh and blood. No longer subject to the pulls of a carnal mind, but True Sons in the very IMAGE OF GOD and His Son, Jesus Christ.

But what happens next? What happens to all the rest of humanity who are not sons and daughters and are not saved? What will happen to them? Just why, pray tell, are they eagerly awaiting the manifestation of these Sons and Daughters? Of what value is the salvation and manifestation of the few chosen saints to those left behind who are not saved?

The Church teaches the world that the rest of humanity will be tortured for all eternity in the lake of fire. Is that true? Is that the purpose of the lake of fire is?

Next we read what the condition of the rest of humanity is, how they got that way, and what is the solution to the problem.

"For the creature [creation] was made subject to VANITY, not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope" (Rom. 8:20).

God MADE man subject to vanity. God did not ask man’s permission to do this. God did it for His own wise purpose. But God is not a fiend that takes pleasure in the failures of weak humanity. God did not make man in a condition of vanity so that most of humanity would fail of the ideal, and God would then torture most of his creation eternally, when it was He Who created them weak and subjected them to every form of vanity in the first place. God created the whole creation subject to vanity. It is, therefore, God’s responsibility to get man out of this mess.

God supernaturally made a way for the "manifested Sons of God" to conquer the flesh and the carnal mind and be formed into the very image of God with the very mind of Christ! They will be no longer subject to vanity when they are manifested. They will be no longer subject to "the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION." They will be FREE!

And it is they who will then FREE the rest of humanity from their bondage! What was the purpose for this subjection to vanity? So that they will eternally fail and God would eternally torture them for their failure? No! Let’s read it:

God has, "subjected the same IN HOPE" (Verse 20). Wait a minute, am I saying that all of humanity, who fail to be in the first resurrection and become the manifest Sons and Daughters of God, will nonetheless still have "hope?" Is there really hope for all the lost and unsaved? How can this be? Aren’t they going to be subjected to the "lake of fire?" Yes, but there is "hope" in the lake of fire. In fact, the lake of fire is their ONLY HOPE! They will not be eternally tortured just because they did not attain to the first resurrection, but will rather be "DELIVERED!" Let’s read it:

From LOF Part 12       http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html

Peace,

Joe

Bradigans

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »

I believe that Christ Jesus is THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of THE FATHER because He literally came out from God and was placed in the physical in a virgins womb (Hebrews 7:3). Christ did not come through the line of Adam. Remember the seed is always carried by and through the male. Joseph was not THE FATHER of Jesus. The virgin Mary and Joseph were really not the biological parents of Christ. He is, was, and has always been the eternal God (Revelations 1:8, John 1:1).   

Bradigans

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

I believe that Christ Jesus is THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of THE FATHER because He literally came out from God and was placed in the physical in a virgins womb (Hebrews 7:3). Christ did not come through the line of Adam. Remember the seed is always carried by and through the male. Joseph was not THE FATHER of Jesus. The virgin Mary and Joseph were really not the biological parents of Christ. He is, was, and has always been the eternal God (Revelations 1:8, John 1:1).

I'm not certain whether or not this is relevant. But, think about this for a second. Eve came out of Adam or was I believe the begotten of Adam. She was not conceived in any way, form, or fashion. She came out from him.    

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

I am not sure you really meant the above (in bold) that Jesus and God the Father are the same, equal?

From the "Trinity" paper;

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

A "Father" and a "Son" CANNOT ALSO BE THE SAME PERSON!

Countless things can be said to "be ONE" in numerous forms of close relationship. In this close relationship of purpose, will, harmony, etc., our Lord said:

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Will all my readers please note that Jesus DID NOT say "I and the Father, We are one GOD," did He? No, He did not!

Do the Scriptures, however, tell us that there is only ONE GOD? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures, tell us WHO that ONE God is? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures tell us what the relationship of Jesus Christ is with that ONE God? Yes, they do.

In fact, all of these things are answered in ONE Scripture.

I will now give you the ONLY Scripture you will EVER need for understanding Who Jesus Christ and God the Father are and how many Gods there are, and Who composes that ONE God. Here it is:

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

And the next verse says

"But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge" (Ver. 7)

I can say "Amen" to that. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

If you have not yet THANKED GOD for making these things so clear, so meaningful, and so simple, DO IT NOW!

The above verse really doesn’t need commentary, but I want to comment anyway.

How many Gods are there? Answer: "ONE God."

Of Whom is this ONE God composed? Answer: "the FATHER." NOT, the Father, AND the Son, AND the holy ghost! Just, "the Father!" ONLY, "the Father!!" "ONE God, the FATHER!"

Is this too hard for anyone? Is not God’s definition far easier and better than the theologians’ "one, plus ONE, plus ONE, equals ONE" nonsense?

Is Jesus Christ an equal part of this "ONE God?" NO, He is not. Let God’s Word tell us. We don’t need to speculate and theorize. Here is Who and What Jesus Christ is, He is the "one LORD." This is not hard. It is only hard for those who wrestle and twist Scripture to their own destruction (II Peter 3:16). John 8:5-6 makes the following very clear:

This Scripture tells us that "ALL IS OUT OF" GOD (the FATHER).

And this Scripture tells us that "ALL IS THROUGH" Jesus Christ.

God the Father is the first cause of all and ALL IS OUT GOD, even Jesus Christ is "OUT of God."

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).

Now if Jesus came out from the trinity, why doesn’t the Scripture say so? He didn’t come out of the trinity and He didn’t come out of the holy spirit, but HE DID COME, "...OUT FROM THE FATHER!"

And after Jesus Christ came OUT from the Father, ALL ELSE came THROUGH Jesus Christ:

"Who [Jesus Christ] is the Image of the invisible God, Firstborn of every creature, for in Him is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created THROUGH Him and FOR Him, and He is BEFORE all, and all has its cohesion in Him" (Col. 1: 14-17).

Nowhere do we read that God came out from Christ! No, Christ came OUT FROM THE FATHER and all else was created THROUGH Jesus Christ. There is no trinity here!

Jesus Christ is not the SUPREME DEITY. Christ is not the originator of all. Christ is "the Lord." He is the Son of God. He is the IMAGE of the invisible God. He is the Mediator,

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

As I said before, one cannot be both "of" something or someone and at the same time "be" that something or someone. There is certainly no trilateral, triune, trinity of God here!

Jesus Christ said,

"...I am going to the Father, for the Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

Where do we read that Christ is GREATER than the Father? There is no trinity in this verse!

And again:

"Now, whenever ALL may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself [Jesus Christ] also SHALL BE SUBJECTED TO HIM [God the Father] Who subjects all to Him, that GOD may be All in all."

Where do we read that someday God the Father will be SUBJECT to Christ? There is no trinity in these Biblical truths.

And again:

"Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ IS GOD" (I Cor. 11:3).

Where do we read in Scripture that Christ is the Head of God?

There is another profound statement in the Scriptures that PROVES CONCLUSIVELY that Jesus Christ is not part of a trinity, but is now and always will be, under the Headship of His Father. Here it is:

"...that the GOD OF OUR LORD Jesus Christ, the FATHER..." (Eph. 1:17).

There it is--Jesus Christ HAS A "GOD!" Paul wrote this and all of the above Scriptures AFTER Jesus Christ was resurrected and restored to His previous GLORIES in God. And in His glorified state, Jesus Christ is STILL subjected to HIS GOD! Who wants to be the first blasphemer to even suggest that God the Father "has a God?"!!! But Jesus Christ, DOES have a God! Notice the following:

Eph. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

Col. 1:3: "We are thanking the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

I Pet. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

And remember these statements concerning Jesus Christ "having a God" were made long after His resurrection and restoration back to His former glories. Today, our Lord STILL HAS A GOD! And need I repeat the fact that the God and Father of Jesus Christ DOES NOT HAVE A GOD?! And someone out there still thinks God is a equilateral trinity?

There are many more Scriptures that show the distinction between God the Father’s office of supreme deity of the universe and that of His Son and Image, Jesus Christ the Lord and Mediator.

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 02:42:54 AM »

Hi indianabob,

You ask;
Please give more detail concerning Jesus still or yet being a man while at the throne of the Father in heaven. 
Compare that with Jesus' origins and conception and life on the earth.

Is spirit existence yet man in Jesus situation?
Will we in our future spiritual life still be humans? 
---------

I was thinking about your question.  In the scripture Jesus Christ is referred to as 'man' after His resurrection.

Act 7:56  and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God.

Rom 5:15 ...For if by the offense of the one many died, much more the grace of God, and the gift in grace; which is of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.

The Father is not a man and I think it is difficult (impossible) to relate to Him as such, but Jesus Christ is our connect with the Father and we relate to Him as a man.

1Tim 2:5  For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

I do not think of Christ as a man with physical limitations like we have, though He did empty Himself to become a man while He was on earth, so as to die.  Now He is all glorious, and all power and authority is given to Him (Matt. 28:18).

Col 2:9  For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

In Rev. Christ is described in His glorified state and though it is symbolic, it still is in the form of a man.

Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
v. 14  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
v. 15  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
v. 16  And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
v. 17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
v. 18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen;

I just wanted to bring this scriptures study here that I found on this matter, to see if this might help clarify this. 

The Mobile and Nashville conferences have a good bit about Jesus in them.  Here is the links to the audios and transcripts.

List of audios for anyone that may need it  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html
Transcripts http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?board=12.0

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:27:54 AM by Kat »

Bradigans

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »

Hi Bradigans,

I am not sure you really meant the above (in bold) that Jesus and God the Father are the same, equal?

From the "Trinity" paper;

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

A "Father" and a "Son" CANNOT ALSO BE THE SAME PERSON!

Countless things can be said to "be ONE" in numerous forms of close relationship. In this close relationship of purpose, will, harmony, etc., our Lord said:

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Will all my readers please note that Jesus DID NOT say "I and the Father, We are one GOD," did He? No, He did not!

Do the Scriptures, however, tell us that there is only ONE GOD? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures, tell us WHO that ONE God is? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures tell us what the relationship of Jesus Christ is with that ONE God? Yes, they do.

In fact, all of these things are answered in ONE Scripture.

I will now give you the ONLY Scripture you will EVER need for understanding Who Jesus Christ and God the Father are and how many Gods there are, and Who composes that ONE God. Here it is:

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

And the next verse says

"But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge" (Ver. 7)

I can say "Amen" to that. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

If you have not yet THANKED GOD for making these things so clear, so meaningful, and so simple, DO IT NOW!

The above verse really doesn’t need commentary, but I want to comment anyway.

How many Gods are there? Answer: "ONE God."

Of Whom is this ONE God composed? Answer: "the FATHER." NOT, the Father, AND the Son, AND the holy ghost! Just, "the Father!" ONLY, "the Father!!" "ONE God, the FATHER!"

Is this too hard for anyone? Is not God’s definition far easier and better than the theologians’ "one, plus ONE, plus ONE, equals ONE" nonsense?

Is Jesus Christ an equal part of this "ONE God?" NO, He is not. Let God’s Word tell us. We don’t need to speculate and theorize. Here is Who and What Jesus Christ is, He is the "one LORD." This is not hard. It is only hard for those who wrestle and twist Scripture to their own destruction (II Peter 3:16). John 8:5-6 makes the following very clear:

God the Father is the first cause of all and ALL IS OUT GOD, even Jesus Christ is "OUT of God."

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).

Now if Jesus came out from the trinity, why doesn’t the Scripture say so? He didn’t come out of the trinity and He didn’t come out of the holy spirit, but HE DID COME, "...OUT FROM THE FATHER!"

And after Jesus Christ came OUT from the Father, ALL ELSE came THROUGH Jesus Christ:

"Who [Jesus Christ] is the Image of the invisible God, Firstborn of every creature, for in Him is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created THROUGH Him and FOR Him, and He is BEFORE all, and all has its cohesion in Him" (Col. 1: 14-17).

Nowhere do we read that God came out from Christ! No, Christ came OUT FROM THE FATHER and all else was created THROUGH Jesus Christ. There is no trinity here!

Jesus Christ is not the SUPREME DEITY. Christ is not the originator of all. Christ is "the Lord." He is the Son of God. He is the IMAGE of the invisible God. He is the Mediator,

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

As I said before, one cannot be both "of" something or someone and at the same time "be" that something or someone. There is certainly no trilateral, triune, trinity of God here!

Jesus Christ said,

Where do we read that Christ is GREATER than the Father? There is no trinity in this verse!

And again:

"Now, whenever ALL may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself [Jesus Christ] also SHALL BE SUBJECTED TO HIM [God the Father] Who subjects all to Him, that GOD may be All in all."

Where do we read that someday God the Father will be SUBJECT to Christ? There is no trinity in these Biblical truths.

And again:

"Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ IS GOD" (I Cor. 11:3).

Where do we read in Scripture that Christ is the Head of God?

There is another profound statement in the Scriptures that PROVES CONCLUSIVELY that Jesus Christ is not part of a trinity, but is now and always will be, under the Headship of His Father. Here it is:

"...that the GOD OF OUR LORD Jesus Christ, the FATHER..." (Eph. 1:17).

There it is--Jesus Christ HAS A "GOD!" Paul wrote this and all of the above Scriptures AFTER Jesus Christ was resurrected and restored to His previous GLORIES in God. And in His glorified state, Jesus Christ is STILL subjected to HIS GOD! Who wants to be the first blasphemer to even suggest that God the Father "has a God?"!!! But Jesus Christ, DOES have a God! Notice the following:

Eph. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

Col. 1:3: "We are thanking the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

I Pet. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

And remember these statements concerning Jesus Christ "having a God" were made long after His resurrection and restoration back to His former glories. Today, our Lord STILL HAS A GOD! And need I repeat the fact that the God and Father of Jesus Christ DOES NOT HAVE A GOD?! And someone out there still thinks God is a equilateral trinity?

There are many more Scriptures that show the distinction between God the Father’s office of supreme deity of the universe and that of His Son and Image, Jesus Christ the Lord and Mediator.

Peace,

Joe

Amen... I believe Ray gives a lot more clarity to what I thought i was trying to say. God bless and thanks. I hope this isn't too much, but here's a little something i picked up from THE Prophet's site:

Is There A Trinity?     
Directly associated with the understanding on water baptism is the truth about the Godhead. The churches "traditionally" believe in three separate or distinct persons in one God. This was arrived at due to the scriptural mentioning and deity of the Father, Son and Holy, Spirit. The result of the fourth century meeting of the Nicene Council was to place them under the Trinitarian definition.

Like the false so-called "baptismal formula, this "new" concept swept the expanse of the Christian Church and through the centuries has become so embedded in Christian thought that to question its validity is immediate heresy.

The church lost the revelation that the one God, Jehovah, expressed Himself in the Old Testament as the Father, manifested Himself in the Gospels in the Son, Jesus, and revealed Himself in the Book of Acts as the Holy Spirit. In reality, it is three dispensations of the same God. God above us, God with us, God in us. NOT three persons, but one glorious personage, finally and wonderfully unveiled.
(Hebrews 1 :3)

The heathen intellectual minds of the theologians could not reconcile the appearance of the Son on earth to the Father remaining in heaven. They, forgetting that God can be in heaven and on earth at the same time, (John 14: 10), decided there had to be at least two in the Godhead and the entrance of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 made it three. They made the Son the second person of the Godhead, failing to realize that the scriptures do not convey that Jesus is in the Godhead, but rather that the Godhead is in Jesus. Col. 2;9,

For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. They could only see that the Father was a God and the Son was a God and missed the true concept that the Father was God and the Son was the flesh or man in whom that God dwelt. (Luke 1 :35 and I Timothy 3: 16)

The ensuing three personnel deity is every bit as much a form of idolatry as were the various pagan gods the children of Israel would consistently begin to worship. Through the ages, God "winked" at this encroachment, but the ministry of the last angel was to fully restore a true understanding of this to the elect.

I have excerpted some poignant comments made by Brother Branham from his series on the Seven Church Ages:
"Now all these expressions, 'Him Which Is,' and 'Him Which Was,' and 'Is To Come,' and 'Faithful Witness,' and 'Firstborn From Among the Dead,' and 'Prince of the Kings of the Earth,' and 'The Alpha .and Omega,' and 'The Almighty,' are titles and descriptions of the ONE AND THE, SAME PERSON, Who is the Lord Jesus Christ, Who washed us from our sins in His own blood.

The Spirit of God in John expresses thusly in order to set forth the Supreme Deity of Jesus Christ and to reveal the Godhead as ONE God. Today there is a gross error. It is that there are three Gods instead of one. This revelation as given to John by Jesus, Himself, corrects that error. It is not that there are three Gods, but one God with three offices. There is ONE God with three titles, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. This mighty revelation IS what the early church had, and it must be restored in this last day along with the correct formula of water baptism.

Now modern theologians won't agree with me for here is what was written in a great Christian magazine. That teaching (on the Trinity) is at the very heart and core of the Old Testament. It is every whit as much at the heart and core of the New Testament. The New Testament is just as much opposed as the Old Testament is to the thought that there are more Gods, than one. Yet the New Testament with equal clearness teaches that the Father is God, and the Son is God; and the Holy Spirit is God, and that these three are NOT three aspects of the same Person, but three persons standing in a truly personal relationship to one another. There we have the great doctrine oh the Three Persons but one God.

They also state, God, according to the Bible,. is not just one person, but He is three persons in one God. That is the great mystery of the Trinity. "It sure is. How can three persons be one God? Not only is there no Bible for it, but it shows even a lack of intelligent reasoning. Three distinct persons, though identical substance; make three gods; or language has lost its meaning entirely. Just listen to these words again, I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, Which Is, and Which Was, and Which Is to Come, the Almighty. This is Deity. This is not simply a prophet, a man. This is God. And it is not a revelation of three Gods, but of ONE God, the Almighty.

They didn't believe in three Gods in the beginning of the church. You can't find that sort of belief amongst the apostles. It was after the apostolic age that this theory came in and really be­came an issue and a cardinal doctrine at the Nicene Council. The doctrine of Godhead caused a two-way split at Nicea. And from that split it there came two extremes. One actually, went into poly­theism, believing in three Gods, and the others went into Unitarianism. Of course that was a little while in coming about, but it did, and we have it right today. But the Revelation through John by the Spirit to the churches was, I am the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am ALL of it. There isn't any other God, And He put His seal on this Revelation:

Consider this: Who was the Father of Jesus? Matt. 1:18 says, She was found with child of the Holy Ghost. But Jesus, Himself, claimed that God was His Father. God the Father and God the Holy Ghost, as we often express these terms, make the Father and the Spirit ONE. Indeed they are, or else Jesus had two Fathers. But notice that Jesus said that He and His Father were One, not two. That makes ONE God.

Since this is historically and Scripturally true, people wonder where the three came from. It became a foundational doctrine at the Nicene Council in 325 A.D. This trinity (an absolutely unscriptural word) was based upon the many gods of Rome. The Romans had many gods to whom they prayed. They also prayed to ancestors as mediators. It was just a step to give new names to old gods, so we have saints to make it more Biblical. Thus, instead of Jupiter, Venice, Mars, etc. we have Paul, Peter, Fatima, Christopher, etc., etc. They could not make their pagan religion work out with just one God, so they split Him up into three, and they made intercessors of the saints as they had made intercessors of their ancestors.

Ever since then people have failed to realize that there is just one God with three offices or manifestations. They know there is one God according to Scripture, but they try to make it the fantastic theory that God is like a bunch of grapes; three persons with the same Divinity shared equally by all. But it plainly says here in Revelation that Jesus is That Which Is, That Which. Was, and 'That Which Is to Come.. He is the Alpha and Omega, which means that He is the' A: to "Z' 'Or The All Of It, He is Everything, The Almighty." He is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the valley, the Bright and Morning Star, the Righteous Branch, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. He is God, Almighty God. ONE GOD.

1 Tim. 3: 16 says, And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness.God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles; believed on in the world, received up into Glory. This is what the Bible says. It doesn't say a thing about a first or second or third person here. It says God was manifest in flesh. One God. The ONE GOD was manifested in flesh. That ought to settle it. God came in a human form. That didn't make Him ANOTHER GOD. HE WAS GOD, THE SAME GOD. It was a revelation then, and it is a revelation now, One God.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 10:15:37 AM »

Hi Bradigans,

I have heard (and read) this doctrine before, I believe Ray has nailed it though.

God the Father and Jesus are indeed 2 separate entities not 2 manifestations of the same Person.

(re quote from Ray's Trinity paper in my previous post)

Jesus Christ said,

Hope you make it to Mobile, you will not be disappointed!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Bradigans

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »

Hi Bradigans,

I have heard (and read) this doctrine before, I believe Ray has nailed it though.

God the Father and Jesus are indeed 2 separate entities not 2 manifestations of the same Person.

(re quote from Ray's Trinity paper in my previous post)

Jesus Christ said,

Hope you make it to Mobile, you will not be disappointed!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Thank you dear brother. I will definitely study this and pray for not sense knowledge (knowledge from the mind), but revelation knowledge (knowledge of and from the heart John 16:13). Keep me in your prayers. I'm really going to search this out. Be patient with me because Colossians 2:9 really stands out for me. I don't believe I do but I could have a misrepresentation of this verse. I've been wrong before. Keep us in your prayers, and if THE SPIRIT leads, we'll hash this out.

IN HIS LOVE   

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »

Hello again Bradigans,

I can understand how this verse could be perceived as Christ being both manifestations of God;

Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Let's say a king has a son who is of mature age and has proven to be knowledgable, trustworthy and is everything his father raised him to be, this same king desires a treaty with a neighboring kingdom and sends his son to negotiate the treaty and gives him charge of all the treasury, armies and even the borders of his kingdom.

The king provides a document with his seal on it for his son to present to the king of the neighboring country which states that "my son is in charge of everything in my empire, my entire kingdom is at his disposal please negotiate with him in good faith as he has my complete trust and his word will bind my kingdom to any contract he makes with you, just as if I made it myself. My kingdom is in his hands and my I will honor any treaty he deems to be just, we are of the same mind and I am well pleased with him in everything."     

Joh 3:35  The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

Joh 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Joh 5:36  But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.