bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My time to die...  (Read 10106 times)

dessa

Re: My time to die...
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »

Thank you for sharing part of your life with us, Sandy.
Shalom,
dessa

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 12:46:53 AM »

Well dessa, you do sound like a women who has seen her fare share of hardships and trials in life and i'm just glad to have you hear with us and LIVING! That way you can share with us ure wisdom and experiences so that we might learn and grow from them =]

Love to you,

Alex

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »

11-9-2007
Dear Dessa,

I like Joe's story of how to handle the 'departing' ceremony.

My wife and I recently visited the local funeral director and made really simple arrangements.
We don't have much to leave our children so we are giving it to them now rather than later.
Even the title to our home was transferred three years ago to make it easier.
Losing the companionship of a loved one is difficult, so we like to think about it as a journey
in which one goes on ahead and the others catch up later.  Having the knowledge that God has given us and that we have shared with our children, even though their understanding is limited, is a real blessing.

We discuss our beliefs on occasion but the real proof of God's revelation is our attitude toward life and living.  It has taken most 37 years for me to learn and to convince my wife of the truth of my understanding.  It has been a struggle for me but more than that it has been a reward for me to experience her loving patience and tolerance of the changes and corrections I have had to go through in my journey toward enlightenment.  Believe it or not, I didn't come to this understanding overnight or in a flash.  It had to be built gradually, one stone upon another until the foundation was prepared.  During all of this preparation, my partner for life, had to put up with attending seventh day services, trying to tithe and fellowshipping with folks who weren't always a good example for our children.  For a while there I had made up my mind that my wife and three of my kids, just weren't going to make it into God's Kingdom and that I was going to be alone for eternity.  I accepted that but didn't like it.

The knowledge that there is a much better plan is a great relief, but it's still a secret that most do not share.

In one way I feel sorrow for the others, the uncalled, but in another way of thinking they are blessed to live and die in blissful ignorance.  I guess it depends upon our outlook of how difficult the struggle is to examine and judge ourselves in this life and to cooperate with God's loving correction.

I really think it will be easier for them to endure the lake of spiritual fire, because all or most of their neighbors will experience it with them.  At that time there will be one truth, not many.

Anyway, thank you for sharing and for all of your helpful counsel.

indianabob

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

Yes, I think it wise to plan ahead in order to lesson the burden of your family.  They will thank you for it later!  Plus they will love you for gifting them with this last gift.

ALEX, I agree with you too :D,     

SO.....

"LA CHIAM" to all of my lovely family in Christ!  (pronounced 'LA KIME' in Hebrew...and means 'TO LIFE/TO A GREAT LIFE')...and this saying is used when two or more people are gathered together and are about to drink something; and before they take a first drink, they give a toast to one another by raising their glasses high up into the air and proclaiming.... 'La Chiam'!!!!

:-* :-* :-* a holy kiss to all of you ;) 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 02:49:26 PM »

It is so warming to see that salutation again Susan. I have never seen it WRITTEN I have only heard it SPOKEN!

My Mother always used that in toasting the family at gatherings of celebration and sharing. THE LIFE...Jesus Christ to HIM! Amen!

Peace to you
Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 03:13:19 PM »

I am glad that it touched your heart Arcturus!  (HE was speaking through me to get to you today my friend!)  It was a GOD thing :D.

La Chiam!!!!

gmik

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

Why has Dessa left the forum!!!!????????

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 03:14:03 PM »

I have no idea. She sent me some really lovely PM's and I hope she is alright. I believe she came to the Forum and received amply of our love and support through what she was seeking to find. I have comfort in this and gratitude for the insights and wisdom our dessa shared while she was with us all in this Forum.

All is of God.

The new Avatar is much better than the others I was using and apologise for.  :-\  They were not in line with what we are taught here in BT so thanks for the thumbs up G!  8) Our creator God is SPIRIT!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

DuluthGA

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 04:26:55 PM »

I'm surprised as well.  We had a couple of nice messages.  Then about a week ago I saw that her avatar pic had become very tiny, and I PMd her cracking up thinking she had done it intentionally... because underneath her image was "He must increase and I must decrease."  So LOL I said... I see you've REALLY DECREASED!!" :D

And now boom, she's gone.

God speed to you sister Dessa.  You are in my prayers.

:-*

LittleBear

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »

I'm wondering why too. What a sweet and wonderful lady you are Dessa. May God bless you abundantly wherever He takes you.

Love,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:07 AM »

She said that it was painful to use her laptop. God Bless Her.

But you can just stop coming, or just lurk at your leisure. I wonder why people officially "quit" the forum. Java Joe too. At least say bye to us!!

I have wondered if I got sick or died or something, there would be no one to let you know!  My hubby can't even turn on a computer :D  I promise if at all possible I will say bye!

Scribbles

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

Gina....I've had those thoughts too !! ..... lol ....... What I'm going to do is.....write up a note, put it in the little fire-proof box I have for the important papers, etc.....giving the website, my name, password, etc...and let one of my girls post here , for prayer, should the 'need' happen.

Scribbles

gmik

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 10:41:04 PM »

Hey, really, that is a good idea!! :D

sonofone

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 01:06:49 AM »

Hey everyone heard from Dessa over the holiday,she is doing exceptionally well.She said she would make a point of stopping in from time to time,although she does not plan on posting.Further information can be addressed through pm if desired. Thanks! Oh and she says hello to all.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.