bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psalm 57  (Read 4203 times)

javajoe

Psalm 57
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »

Good morning everyone,

I have had a terrible week so far.  A project I have been working very hard on ended in disaster - I even went so far as typing a letter of resignation.  I didn't tender it, but it felt good to type it anyway.  Anyway, I have begun to feel better about my situation, knowing that God has ordained it to be so, and and He has a purpose (how much better to go trough life knowing that God is in control!).  I thought Psalm 57 the first 3 verses fit very well with my situation.  David wrote it when he was hiding in a cave from Saul, fearing for his life.

1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
       for in you my soul takes refuge.
       I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
       until the disaster has passed.
 2 I cry out to God Most High,
       to God, who fulfills {his purpose} for me.

3 He sends from heaven and saves me,
       rebuking those who hotly pursue me;
       Selah
       God sends his love and his faithfulness.

So I know from His word (which cannot be broken) that this disaster will pass and I will somehow be better off   :D

I hope this encourages someone else who is going through a bad time (even though I know my "bad time" is trivial compared to what some of you are going through!)

ciao,

JavaJoe

LittleBear

Re: Psalm 57
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »

Thanks Joe,

That's so nice. :)

Your "bad time" is not trivial though. It is a severe trial sent by God...especially for you. It is comforting to know that God is in control as you say. Today I'm having a hard time letting that sink in, so thanks for the psalm and thanks for sharing.

Ursula

skydreamers

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »

Hey Joe, thank you for sharing with us...stop drinking so much coffee and you might not be so stressed out!  ;D :D  Just kidding of course, I love coffee too!

You know, I was wondering the other day if God is not seeing fit to refine me in any way right now, since life seems to be so smooth for me, especially compared to what many, including you, are going through in their own lives.  And then I freaked myself out, thinking, "be careful what you wish for!"  Inevitably when you are seeking for Christ and praying for Him to fill your soul, we all know that this will bring tribulation.  Most Christians don't see this, and think life should be on a worldly standard going great.

It is a precious truth that God has given us, that when trials hit, we know He is working something wonderful in us, even when we don't understand just yet what that is.  It takes time to look back and see it.

I've certainly had many trials in the past, and will have many more to come to be sure.  But God seems to always give time in between to catch our breath...I pray that will come for you soon.

Peace and love to ya,
Diana

javajoe

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

Hey Joe, thank you for sharing with us...stop drinking so much coffee and you might not be so stressed out!  ;D :D  Just kidding of course, I love coffee too!

You know, I was wondering the other day if God is not seeing fit to refine me in any way right now, since life seems to be so smooth for me, especially compared to what many, including you, are going through in their own lives.  And then I freaked myself out, thinking, "be careful what you wish for!"  Inevitably when you are seeking for Christ and praying for Him to fill your soul, we all know that this will bring tribulation.  Most Christians don't see this, and think life should be on a worldly standard going great.

It is a precious truth that God has given us, that when trials hit, we know He is working something wonderful in us, even when we don't understand just yet what that is.  It takes time to look back and see it.

I've certainly had many trials in the past, and will have many more to come to be sure.  But God seems to always give time in between to catch our breath...I pray that will come for you soon.

Peace and love to ya,
Diana

Hey Diana,

I am down to only half a pot! :)

Thanks for the encouragement.  I was also reading in Phillipians 1:29 how we are called to suffer. "For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him"

Yep, that's in the Bible.  Ironically, I think knowing that we are called to suffer is the very thing that helps us to get through our sufferings.  Kinda flies in the face of logic, but that's how our God works!  And the blessings do come, as you are experiencing right now. Just kick back and enjoy it!

ciao!

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:49:38 PM »

I was also reading in Phillipians 1:29 how we are called to suffer. "For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him"

Tis true JavaJoe,

However, I think we can read of Job's suffering and view it (suffering) as God setting us free from idols of the heart and other vanities of life in order to be conformed to the image of Christ.

God be with you
Ches

DuluthGA

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »

Thanks for the inspiring verses JavaJoe!

Here are a bunch of verses on suffering/afflictions/tribulations and similar.  Most are from the N.T.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5482.0.html

May they bring you the blessing they brought me.

I still have you included you in my prayers as with all forum friends.

Janice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.