bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The god churchianity  (Read 6008 times)

lilitalienboi16

The god churchianity
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbGyicgnehQ

I thought this was a great video done by a young man who obviously is questioning things that he finds absurd that churchianity and mainstreem christianity preach all the time.

Let me know what you think.

God bless,

Alex

musicman

Re: The god churchianity
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:56:28 PM »

How selfish!!  What about my daughter, what about my daughter.  How about the billions of others suffering for not knowing what to believe?  Shame on him for not carrying the burdons of all those unjustly tortured!!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36:06 PM »

How selfish!!  What about my daughter, what about my daughter.  How about the billions of others suffering for not knowing what to believe?  Shame on him for not carrying the burdons of all those unjustly tortured!!

eh well just goes to show you what the belief in teh god of christendom really is all about, millions of familys will suffer as they watch or know there love ones suffer in real fire for a time that will never ever come to end and all the while God says 'sorry i can't help, its to late, sorry, its there fault' etc..

dessa

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:24 AM »

Hi, my reaction to the video:
To question the imagined heaven's appeal tells me the author of the video is thinking and is sharing his/her thoughts with others. Could there be an unrest about life after death within the author?
Shalom,
dessa

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 02:07:45 AM »

Hi, my reaction to the video:
To question the imagined heaven's appeal tells me the author of the video is thinking and is sharing his/her thoughts with others. Could there be an unrest about life after death within the author?
Shalom,
dessa

I believe the author is a christian got athiest, and i believe his reasons for going athiest were partly due to the fact that he just could not believe that God is suppose to be loveing and merciful yet will torture people forever without any hope of ever getting out of this torture.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »

I believe the author is a christian got athiest, and i believe his reasons for going athiest were partly due to the fact that he just could not believe that God is suppose to be loveing and merciful yet will torture people forever without any hope of ever getting out of this torture.

[/quote]

Hi Alex,

You have a good point.  We believe that God doesn't torture people at all.  Admonishing and correcting so that we may improve is not torture, it is designed to build up a person's character and lead to happiness.

How should we approach folks who have similar concerns?  What can you/we do to help them?

Please share your ideas.  indianabob

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »

Well from my experience bob, it's that you CAN'T make a blind man see, now matter how much you want him to, no matter how much they want to, no matter how much there friends want them to, a blind man just CANNOT see!

Only one Man i know can fix this, Jesus Christ!

I know that if they come to us with a question, that the Lord is guiding them to us, and that He has given us the answer we need to provide them, or else they wouldn't have come our way.

If we go out about, trying to convert the uncurcumsized ears of those who are blind in trying to defend the Word of our Lord, we will only end up doing more harm, but cutting off there ears as peter did with the sword in trying to defend the Word. This will leave them worse off then when they started! Only the healer, can truly heal them.

Perhaps prayer when they come to us, and focusing on our Lord always when we speak, is the best thing we can do to those who are truly seeking.

Remember we are to be ready to give an ANSWER to THOSE WHO ASK, not shove it down there throats cutting off there ears as christendom is doing and as i have selfishly done in the past and rescently as well. The beast gets the best of me sometimes, Lord forgive me i try ><!

Perhaps you have some other suggestions you could share with us.

God bless!

Alex

jER

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 02:06:01 AM »

"I see" said the blind man. After, his eyes were opened!

- jER

Kat

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 11:34:51 AM »

Hi Alex,

I agree with what you have said.
I think that we can wittness to those who are blind, in a greater way than trying to talk them into believing.  That is by our own actions, not that it will cause them to see the truth, but that we may glorify God whom is indwelling.

Tit 2:7  In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
v. 8  and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

Mat 5:16  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »

Yes Kat

We can not convince anyone against their will as Ray highlights.

Quoting Ray from his latest audio... "When you are spiritually blind as a bat you'll never see it because the idol of your heart will stand in the way. "

I enjoyed your connection with defending the Word and cutting off the ear as Peter did with the sword Alex.  :) Good one!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.