bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USED-GOOD CONDITION  (Read 6437 times)

Matt

USED-GOOD CONDITION
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »

Hello everyone,
  My name is Matt.  I originally signed up to the forum about a year ago under the name "spiritman".  Back then, I had been reading Bible Truths for a number of months.  I was excited at all the things I was learning.  Soon though, I realized that the truths I learned did not take root in my brain/heart like I wanted them to.  I studied and studied, but found it difficult to recall anything when I needed it most.  I started thinking, hmmm, I was just ready to spend eternity in Hell and did not really care.  Now I know that God will not do this, what a bargain!!!  The truth no longer mattered.  Everthing in my life quickly lost meaning.  I became stagnant and powerless.  I was no longer willing to endure what it took to show myself approved.  I became lonely, arrogant, and oh yes, did I mention lonely?!   
  There came a point in my life recently where God showed me that there is a reason for all this.  I spend much of my time praying, studying, weeping, sharing, being rejected, getting angry, rejoicing, praying, etc...   I guess it is the whole rejection thing that made it difficult to move forward, but I am no longer afraid. 
  I am extremely happy to be here, finally!  I knew it was time when I found myself trying to respond to posts, only to find that my old account was gone (only used once).  I am still an active duty Marine stationed in Okinawa.  I thank you for posting the audio files of the teachings, they really help when I am deployed and unable to get on a computer!  Though I will be listening through headphones some weeks later, add 1 more to the attendance roster in Mobile!!
Matt   

DuluthGA

Re: USED-GOOD CONDITION
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:27:24 PM »

Hi Matt in Okinawa! 

WELCOME MARINE!  GLAD YOU CAME BACK!

You said:  I studied and studied, but found it difficult to recall anything when I needed it most.  Boy I can sure relate to that... or...  if I recall the concepts in my mind, I can hardly articulate them either by writing or speaking. :D 

One day we'll all get it right and be "experts".

I appreciate all that you've been through, and I agree with you that God showed me that there is a reason for all this.

Happy you are here!  ENJOY YOURSELF! :)

Janice

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:44:45 PM »

Welcome back Matt,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.  Your joy and enthusiasm is very uplifting.

Rene'

dessa

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 11:50:26 PM »

Matt,
It has been so short a time since I joined you do not know me from your previous time here.  From someone who is also learning let me say you have many friends here.  So let me pass my warm welcomes on to you.
Shalom,
dessa

Welcome.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:05:25 AM »

Hi Matt,

Well I'm glad you made your way back here :)
This truth is only for the few and those are scattered, the salt of the earth.
Join in the fellowship here, it can really help with the loneliness.  Share what you are learning at BT and ask questions, there are a lot of people here that you can discuss things with.  
Look around, there are quite a few things available.  
Here is an info link with some helps  
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:57:48 AM by Kat »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:05:34 AM »

Hi Matt,

Welcome back and thank you for the update. I look forward to seeing you in Mobile!

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Sue Creamer

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »

Matt, a big hearty hello to you and greetings from Maryland...!!

My heart goes out to all of you military personnel...!!!  I cannot even imagine what you must go through.
My husband was Army and way back then it was Vietnam...!  I am sure all of us here in the forum will do our best to make sure you are not alone any more.  You can always come here for the love and fellowship you need and want...and to learn.
peace and love
Sue Ann

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 01:22:56 PM »

Good morning Matt,

Good to hear from the FAR East.
I was in Guam for a few months in 1957 while serving in the U.S. Air Force.
I think we had a larger presence in Okinawa during that period.

For a young person, this forum can be a lot like military training, everything seems new at first but eventually you gain confidence and feel like a member of the family.  So, welcome and please share some of your experiences for our benefit.

Indianabob

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 08:37:27 PM »

Hi Matt!

It does tend to be lonely out there, but I think you will find fellowship here, so let us know more about you.

Ursula

javajoe

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »

Matt,

Just read the post - originally I thought you were just selling something!  ;D

But seriously,  I am finding out that there is always a reason we need to go through what we go through, and God has a plan.

Keep looking up!!

ciao,

JavaJoe
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:46:22 PM by javajoe »

Grateful

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:13:30 AM »

Hello Matt!!!

GREAT to have you here AGAIN!!  I'm pretty new here myself, and am delighted to find comradely souls among the Bible Truths Forums that I can communicate (or, commune) with.   I too once felt extremely lonely.....it was AWFUL!  But, due to an experience that God gave me, plus the fact that the Bible says that God breathes HIS Breath (Holy!) into the nostrils of EVERY living soul, HE is ALREADY PRESENT with each and every one of us, and we couldn't get away from HIM even if we wanted to (but none of us do, do we, really?).   So, with MANY thanks to God, I don't feel lonely anymore....truly, He IS "closer than hands and feet" (I don't remember the Scriptural passage that says this) !!

My prayers are for  you AND FOR ALL of those who are in the military service, and I rejoice that you are SEEKING!!!  Hallelujah!   :D  :D   (Isaiah 26:3 has helped me more times than I can remember!!!  PLUS this saying,  "This, TOO, shall pass!"  So, hang in there with the rest of us, and we all WILL "get there!!"   :D  ;) )

One who is also waiting for the New Jerusalem, where we will ALL dwell forever,  :)

Linda

Matt

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:20:58 AM »

Thanks everyone!  It is very encouraging to read the genuine love in your replies!
A bit more about me, I have a lovely wife and 3 kids, 18, 17, and 11.  I have 18 years of service (originally from NJ), been in Japan for almost 6 years, and I am looking forward to retiring from the Corps in 2009 (the body is getting worn out).  I am a Unix System Administrator (computer geek) right now, but I want to be a teacher. My life is very busy between family, work, and online college courses, but God always finds a way to give me time to study and meditate on Him!  I will do my best to share my many experiences with you all and tell about the people, churches, lifestyles etc…God has shown me while overseas.  God Bless!!!!!!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »

Hello Matt

Thank you for sharing what the Lord's work out training program has been for you. It helps me with mine :D ;D

I have a nephew in Japan. He is quite brainy and speaks and writes the language fluently plus six others!

Welcome back to the Forum.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

skydreamers

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »

Grateful

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »

I have 18 years of service (originally from NJ), been in Japan for almost 6 years, and I am looking forward to retiring from the Corps in 2009 (the body is getting worn out).  I am a Unix System Administrator (computer geek) right now, but I want to be a teacher. My life is very busy between family, work, and online college courses, but God always finds a way to give me time to study and meditate on Him!  I will do my best to share my many experiences with you all and tell about the people, churches, lifestyles etc…God has shown me while overseas.  God Bless!!!!!!!

My body too is wearing out....I'm on the sunny side of my 60's, but I find the older I get, the HAPPIER I get (i.e., I feel His Joy more and more.......that saying is soooooo true :   "Come..grow older together with Me, for the BEST IS YET TO BE!!!"    :D :D :D  ;D   8)  I KNOW this is not found in the Bible, but in some famous poet's famous poem, maybe Robert Browning..?? ).  I'm VERY GLAD that God always finds ways for you to just DWELL IN HIM, and soak up HIs Sunshine.....that makes us feel better after we've done that, huh?  I'm so excited about Him  (I KNOW I keep saying that in a few other of my Email postings to BT Forums, but, gosh, it's TRUE!!!   He is SUCH a Presence in our lives if we keep seeking Him and drawing as very near to Him as we can, mind, body, soul, and spirit!!   :D :D :D )   GLORY TO GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!   He DEFINITELY has 'GOOD VIBES' !!  O Hallelujah!!

I look forward to hearing more from you, Matt !!   God BLESS you and each member of your family, and keep you, through your retirement from the military, and your new career as a teacher.   You can TOUCH so many young people with His Presence!!   :D :D   I remember my Kindergarten and 2nd-grade teachers with great gladness because they were both so very kind.  So was my algebra teacher in high school, as well as three of my college professors.   They "Made A Memory" for me.....I feel SO RICHLY-BLESSED to have had them in my life.  ;- >  !!

Linda

Beloved

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 02:17:07 PM »

Hello Matt

I will need to pay attention since there is another Matt who post  .
here.  ;D

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the reading here on the forum
Look foward to your posts and fellowship 

When I first saw the title I thought you were trying to sell "babylonean" books.  I boxed all of mine up since I have no use for them anymore. Keep them if I ever need fire statrters.

Beloved  ;D

Matt

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »

I changed my display name to Matthew to help with any confusion until I come up with something more original  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.