bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ???  (Read 6038 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
???
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

I read a few of your articles, and I hope I understand you correctly.

It's quite interesting that two days ago I had an discussion with a friend that in some extent, but I guess not totally share the same views as you concerning hell. He has no repentance of sin, and doesn't believe anyone has to. For what? He doesn't believe in hell and believe everyone will go to heaven when they die. What point is there in sharing the gospel with the world if everyone is saved anyway? Why live a godly life if you will be with God anyway? Is God only a God of love, or does He have wrath as well. Do I understand you correctly in that the punishment for sin is merely death in the flesh? That doesn't seem right when you compare people shot in drug-busts with those shot for spreading the message of Jesus Christ.

Like scripture says, God wills everyone to be saved. But does God's will always happen? True, God in His great mercy create situations and circumstances where He draws us, but ultimately w e can choose whether we want to go to God when He draws us to Christ. It's just that some people die before they make the decision. It's His Spirit alone that can convince us of the truth, no human argument whatsoever. It's through Christ alone we can be with God, right?

If I misinterpret your website, please forgive me.

In Love,

Riaan

Dear Riaan:
We cannot "make the decision" as you state unless God gives us that ability. Faith to believe is a gift of God (Eph. 2:8).  Repentance is a gift from God (Rom. 2:4).  None CAN come to Christ unless God draws (Gk: 'drags') them (John 6:44).  We do NOT "choose Christ," but rather Christ CHOOSES US (John 15:16).  ALL IS OF GOD, Romans 11:32, etc., etc., etc.

No one dies before they "have a CHANCE" to follow Christ. Salvation is not a matter of "chance."  This is not the only day of salvation.

Be sure you read all of my series on the "Free Will Myth."
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.