bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moses  (Read 5067 times)

javajoe

Moses
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »

Good morning Forum Folks,

I was reading in Exodus this morning, and I just love this dialogue between Moses and God:

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."
The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."  But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it."

I guess I like it so much because it reminds me of myself.  I am not an eloquent speaker, even though I have been a teacher and presenter on occasion.  Sometimes I studder, and I am very self conscience about it.  Yet, all that doesn't matter to God.   He seems to delight in exploiting the very attributes in us that we consider our weaknesses.  I often say to God: send someone else!  I am not the man for the job!!

This reading also reminded me of Paul's "thorn in the flesh".  Paul prayed three times for God to remove it from him, but God replied:

My strength is made perfect in weakness"  (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I guess that is what it really means to trust God - do what He says in spite of our weaknesses.

ciao,

JavaJoe
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:16:21 PM by javajoe »

dessa

Re: Moses
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »

JavaJoe,
I like knowing what others here think.  In fact the honesty and vulnerability are special to me.  Not one other group I have been a part of know as much about my spiritual journey as readers here.  Thanks for this privilege
Shalom,
dessa

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »

Dessa,

Looks like you're among friends here.
We all have a story to tell and we aren't afraid to let our wrinkles show.

Ever wonder why God lets us get old?  Maybe it helps to teach us humility.

When I walk down to the beach at the park on a good day and watch the boats pulling the skiers, I am tempted to join them, but then I remember that I can't do that any longer.  I think normal aging is God's way of preparing us to welcome our fate and in our particular case as faithful believers, to anticipate the amazing future that is before us.

Bob

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 05:01:51 AM »

this scripture tells me that I am weak and He is strong.  and yes Jesus loves me and you too  Peggy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »

1Co 1:24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »

I was reading the last verse Joe posted above, "1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:"  when I began wondering why God would want to bring to naught those things that are.  I then remembered part of the Ecc. 1:13 and I think it's a match.  I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it” (Ecc.1:13).  The bringing to naught those things that is surely a humbling experience.  I also thought of Job 40:12 12 “Look on everyone who is proud, and humble him,  And tread down the wicked where they stand. " 

Josh 
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »

Beautiful connection Josh, the wise and mighty (in their eyes) will be humbled and brought to repentance by the very people they rejected as powerless, foolish and worse. Won't that be an eye opener!?  ;)

This worldly system (governments and churches alike) will be crushed into a fine powder, not only the systems in place at His return but every system since the beginning of time.

Excellent observation and addition!

His Peace to you,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.