bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filing a motion  (Read 5872 times)

Bradigans

Filing a motion
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

I would just like to announce to Spirit filled bonafide believers that I will be filing a motion with the court seeking full custody of one of my daughters. 1 Corinthians 6:1 - Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? I'm bringing this to (before) the saints so that I can have prayer and Godly (scripturally sound) advice.

The reason I'm contemplating this is not because I feel like i'm better than the mom, but because I've been pretty much a stay home dad with my last three ranging from the ages of three to a newborn. My wife (unceremonized) prefers to work at this time. I thought the man was suppose to work, but have found more fulfillment in nurturing my last three since birth of each, then practicing as a nurse. I care nothing now of the world, its prestige, renown, commendations, accolades, etc. I have no ambition anymore to become anything as far as this world is concerned. It means nothing to me.

Well, my ex needless to say and i'm not judging is extremely ambitious. Bottom line is i feel daughter (seven year old) is being neglected and juggled between baby sitters like a bunch of potatoes. She (ex) has a lot of resentment towards me from the past. But, it's been quite some time now, and i've taken alot considering it's retribution. I no longer want to let her use my daughter as a pawn or to punish me. It's not me she's punishing but my daughter. It's not fair to my daughter when i think of the loving influence i can have on her like i'm having on my other three. But, i want to do nothing outside of God's will (Philippians 2:13, Hebrews 4:12). I want discernment in knowing i'm coming from my heart and not simply emotionalism. I had already went to court years ago and fought for visitational rights. But, why am i settling for anything less then joint. We both gave 23 chromosomes.     

DuluthGA

Re: Filing a motion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:45:35 AM »

God bless you Bradigans for all your efforts in regards to your children.

God loves ya and so do I.  However, I don't have any news of how to interpret the legal aspect; I will simply pray for you dear brother in Christ and your family.

Blessings to you for being a wonderful father!  This is so good and comforting to hear to me.  It's good you are from a nursing background... this helps with processing all your childrens' aches and pains and symptoms and injuries.  So much of our lives are related to our health.  (I'm a former respiratory therapist.)

Regarding your statement:  I care nothing now of the world... That's good for you ultimately in your walk with Christ I think; There are not too many who can be so separate.  I give you encouragement!  I say this as someone who now also "works at home"  (round the clock :D with loved ones) and I think to us in this situation our Lord gives a BIG BREAK.  Really, (for years) I'm so far out of the world, I don't know if I could ever make my way back in. :D [p.s. who cares? :D]

So love, dear brother
In Christ our loving Savior,
Janice
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:00:14 AM by DuluthGA »

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »

God bless you Bradigans for all your efforts in regards to your children.

God loves ya and so do I.  However, I don't have any news of how to interpret the legal aspect; I will simply pray for you dear brother in Christ and your family.

Blessings to you for being a wonderful father!  This is so good and comforting to hear to me.  It's good you are from a nursing background... this helps with processing all your childrens' aches and pains and symptoms and injuries.  So much of our lives are related to our health.  (I'm a former respiratory therapist.)

Regarding your statement:  I care nothing now of the world... That's good for you ultimately in your walk with Christ I think; There are not too many who can be so separate.  I give you encouragement!  I say this as someone who now also "works at home"  (round the clock :D with loved ones) and I think to us in this situation our Lord gives a BIG BREAK.  Really, (for years) I'm so far out of the world, I don't know if I could ever make my way back in. :D [p.s. who cares? :D]

So love, dear brother
In Christ our loving Savior,
Janice

I LOVE YOU TOO dear sister!!! It's such a blessing to have another member of THE BODY say I LOVE YOU.I can feel it in THE SPIRIT. We're connected. God bless you. Your prayer (we're a part of the same body) means everything. Oh, may God bless you!!!

IN HIS LOVE

P.S.

My wife is a respiratory therapist...

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »

Hi Bradigans,

I'm also with Janice in that I dont know anything about legalities but I will pray for you that God gives you wisdom in what you should do.

I'm really glad you have visitation rights and that you are having regular contact with your daughter. My husband and I did the visitation thing for many years and he was consistently faithful in picking up his son on time, every time. My husband didn't think it was a fair arrangement either, but conformed to it, constantly being tactful and nice to his ex (even when she would push his buttons), for his son's sake. You read so many times how children are caught in the middle of verbal arguments between their divorced parents, and this just breaks their little hearts.

I'm wondering something, you said that your daughter is juggled between babysitters. I'm wondering what would happen if you tactfully approached her mom and offered your services as the babysitter free of charge. It would be great for you as you would be with your daughter more, it would provide a financial incentive for your ex as she wouldn't have to pay a babysitter, and also it might ease her distrust of you a bit if there is any. If she refuses then just say the offer is there anytime. I realize I'm being simplistic, and your situation might be complicated, but it's a thought.

I hope and pray all the best for you brother, and for your family.

Love,

Ursula

Bradigans

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

I'm also with Janice in that I dont know anything about legalities but I will pray for you that God gives you wisdom in what you should do.

I'm really glad you have visitation rights and that you are having regular contact with your daughter. My husband and I did the visitation thing for many years and he was consistently faithful in picking up his son on time, every time. My husband didn't think it was a fair arrangement either, but conformed to it, constantly being tactful and nice to his ex (even when she would push his buttons), for his son's sake. You read so many times how children are caught in the middle of verbal arguments between their divorced parents, and this just breaks their little hearts.

I'm wondering something, you said that your daughter is juggled between babysitters. I'm wondering what would happen if you tactfully approached her mom and offered your services as the babysitter free of charge. It would be great for you as you would be with your daughter more, it would provide a financial incentive for your ex as she wouldn't have to pay a babysitter, and also it might ease her distrust of you a bit if there is any. If she refuses then just say the offer is there anytime. I realize I'm being simplistic, and your situation might be complicated, but it's a thought.

I hope and pray all the best for you brother, and for your family.

Love,

Ursula

She's barely compliant with the visitation rights established through court. I often have to threaghten her that she's going to be found in contempt. She is and has always been extremely manipulative. She's powerful. As far as offering to be baby-sitter, she prefers daughter to be with her other ex. She simply wants to spite me I know. Whatever I say, no matter how it may be also convenient for her, she going to go the opposite. I knew through THE HOLY SPIRIT way back I should have never been involved with her, but was disobedient. But thank God for His Word. Ecclesiastes 7:26 says - And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her. I've had to endure some hell due to naiveness, indiscretion, and down right disobedience. But thank God that because i'm His, He never left me without is miraculous and marvellous mercy and grace. I LOVE HIM!!!

She wears a religious mask so well. It fooled me. I thought she was the real thing, and didn't listen to discernment of the HOLY GHOST. She teamed up with my family. Oh, they had a time with me. 

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »

I'm so sorry you've had such a difficult time. Especially enduring hardship from your own family. It sounds like you are cleaving to God during this time. He will be your strength and your discernment. I wish and hope all good things for you Bradigans, and will continue to pray for you in this situation. I'm so glad you said you love God and you are His. That warms my heart.

Ursula

brandon h

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »

Well Bradigans, it sounds like the Lord's got you where he wants you. You've taken shots from your ex and your family- count it as joy, my brother. As for your situation with your children I can give you support and prayer as well. I see your already familiar with Phil 2-13. May these pressures refine you into His perfect will for your life.

God Bless

jER

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:27:08 AM »

I do not understand, regarding the custody of just one, but will pray for the Lords' will in your situation.
As I had obtained exclusive custody of my daughters, who are now young adults. However, it came with
great sacrifice, and worth every bit of it.

In His Love!

- jER

Bradigans

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 04:07:40 AM »

I'm so sorry you've had such a difficult time. Especially enduring hardship from your own family. It sounds like you are cleaving to God during this time. He will be your strength and your discernment. I wish and hope all good things for you Bradigans, and will continue to pray for you in this situation. I'm so glad you said you love God and you are His. That warms my heart.

Ursula

Retrospect, I thank God for the turmoil. Like Paul said - Philippians 3:7 - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ (Matthew 10:37-38). I'm getting to the point where no matter what I have to lose to gain Christ, I'm counting it dung (Phillippians). I hold no hostility or resentment towards them. Whatever God's will is as far as my daughter, I accept it. I just want to stay in THE WILL of His Spirit. His will be done...

Bradigans

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 04:09:57 AM »

Well Bradigans, it sounds like the Lord's got you where he wants you. You've taken shots from your ex and your family- count it as joy, my brother. As for your situation with your children I can give you support and prayer as well. I see your already familiar with Phil 2-13. May these pressures refine you into His perfect will for your life.

God Bless

Amen!!!

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »

When I was 13 yrs old, I had to sit before a judge and tell him which parent I wanted to stay with because they could not come to an agreement about custody. Pardon my language, but THAT SUCKED!
I've been thru 8 divorce's in my family (none for me, I've never married; and my oldest brother has been married 30+ yrs); 6 between my mom and dad, 1 from my younger sister, and 1 with my niece.

Bradiagans, you have my prayers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.