bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finished?  (Read 16808 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Finished?
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »

Thank you for the insight Diana.

Just a personal thought. I believe that Babylon thinks it is doing "the greater works" now. The stage shows, the healings and the professed miracles.  I believe the Biblical "greater works" do not belong to Babylon but are the reward reserved for the elect who will rule with Christ after He returns in judgment to righteousness. Then the spiritually blind will see and the conversion of carnality to spirituality through repentace will be culminating in all knees bowing to the Lordship of Christ. That for me is the greater work not the carnal works of Babylon.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 07:53:53 PM »

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me (the Elect) will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
John 14:12

Peace to you,
Diana

Hi Diana,

Wow, I had almost forgotten these profound words; who would even dare suggest that they are capable of doing the works of Christ our Saviour, let alone, "works" far greater than his.

Yet there is even more to this than the obvious. Christ did not say he who believes in me will have knowledge greater than I. Actually, what He said ties in 100% with the words of James.

Jam 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

So what did Christ do, that will be done BETTER by the Elect?

Humility - Philippians 2:5-8 describes the extent of Jesus' humility: "Our attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!"

Service - Matthew 20:28 says, "…The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Jesus is the ultimate example of a man who desired to serve others. He did tasks that were generally left to the servants, like washing feet. John 13:5 describes an event where Jesus served His disciples: "After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him."

Glorify God - Jesus said, "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." Jesus came to earth to glorify His Father. Everything we do should be done to glorify the Father: 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Prayer - What a prayer life Jesus experienced! He was in constant communion with His Father and often got up early in the morning to talk with God. Mark 1:35 says, "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

Sacrifice - Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice! He gave His life so that all will be saved. He provided His life - the ultimate sacrifice of His life - as a free gift to all who will believe! 1 John 2:2 says, "He [Jesus] is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." Are we not expected to do the same? Giving up something for God, a friend, or a complete stranger. God wants your sacrifice. Romans 12:1 says, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship."

All of this is about doing, living, helping, being.....These final words of James really hit home to me.

Jam 2:20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

This has beena wonderful thread, thanks to you all. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »

Thank you for the insight Diana.

Just a personal thought. I believe that Babylon thinks it is doing "the greater works" now. The stage shows, the healings and the professed miracles.  I believe the Biblical "greater works" do not belong to Babylon but are the reward reserved for the elect who will rule with Christ after He returns in judgment to righteousness. Then the spiritually blind will see and the conversion of carnality to spirituality through repentace will be culminating in all knees bowing to the Lordship of Christ. That for me is the greater work not the carnal works of Babylon.

Peace to you

Hi Arcturus,

I do not disagree with you on this either, for who in this life could do more than Christ? Yet, I still believe that doing is important. :)

Love,
Darren

jER

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »

Darren,

No question at all, "We must walk, the talk."

- jER

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 02:43:19 AM »

Beautiful reflections on the way and nature of Christ Darren. God is doing a wondrous work to conform us into the perfect image of His precious Son Jesus Christ. We can look at Him and know what we are being made to be like through the Grace of the Spirit of God.

Here is an excerpt from the study called :

Saved By Grace Thru Faith [By Divine influence upon our HEARTS]

So then we read Paul says, “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace  (divine influence upon the heart) which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I….” (1 Cor 15:10) 

“Yet not I”  what?  He said I labored, you know what that means, work.  I’ve ‘worked’ harder than all of them, yet it wasn’t I that works, right.  Notice it wasn’t I that was doing the work, but the grace of God which was with me.  The grace of God, what?  These things are all understood, notice it, I am what I am by His divine influence upon my heart, which He bestowed upon me and it was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all labored: yet not I labored, but the grace of God labored.  That’s what it’s saying, can you see that?  So what is the grace of God doing in Paul’s heart?  It LABORS, it works.

It’s not some ‘thing’ like, ‘well I have the grace of God, that save me.’  They take that word and just tack it on the wall, ‘grace’ there it is, I got it, God said I got to have it and there it is ‘grace.’  It can’t be in a book, it can’t be on the wall, it’s got to be IN YOUR HEART.  What does it do there?  IT LABORS - IT WORKS.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5417.0.html

Peace to you

skydreamers

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »

Yes, beautiful post Darren!

To build on what you have said Darren and what Arcturus has shown, I just want to add that I surely do not think that any of us are capable of doing works greater than Jesus Christ WITHOUT the power that comes from the spirit of God and Christ:

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, BECAUSE I am going to the Father.
John 14:12

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, HE will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment
John 16:7-8

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Acts 1:8

Peace,
Diana
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.