bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO CHOICE TO SIN?  (Read 6339 times)

Matt

NO CHOICE TO SIN?
« on: October 23, 2007, 04:45:27 AM »

Question: "Will it be possible for us to sin in Heaven?"

Answer: The Bible describes Heaven in great detail in Revelation chapters 21-22. Nowhere in those chapters is the possibility of sin mentioned. There will be no more death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4). The sinful are not in Heaven, but the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). Nothing impure will ever enter Heaven (Revelation 21:27). Outside of Heaven are those who sin (Revelation 22:15). So, the answer is no, there will be no sin in Heaven.

What does that mean for us? If there is no possibility of sin, does that means we will no longer have a free will in Heaven? It seems that in Heaven, or ability to choose will be similar to that of the angels. The angels had a one-time choice to obey God or follow Satan. There is no possibility of further angels sinning and joining Satan in his rebellion. The holy angels are "elect angels" (1 Timothy 5:21). Similar, the elect in Heaven will be "sealed" in their decision to forsake sin and trust in Christ. We will not even have the choice to sin. At the same time, having been delivered from sin and evil, and viewing the wonderful glories of Heaven, we would not choose sin even if we had the choice.

Where is the Free will here? ???  Sometimes people are sooo close to the truth, but still they do not see it.
This is the kind of stuff that has kept me away from Christianity for so long.  I thank God I am now able to discern the truth.

Matt   ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:06:53 PM by Matt »

Beloved

Re: NO CHOICE TO SIN?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:30:20 AM »

Like Ray always tries to tell people ....some people have real difficulty letting go of "free will".

This little article from Babylon made me think about Free Will more and it seems to me now that free will is a sensory illusion.  We think we know what it is but we do not.  :D

As an example...you look at this word and say...it is RED..... but in actual fact it is not red.....it is only reflecting red light ....the thing you are looking at....is anything but red.           Think about the world now  ;D

White is called pure because it reflects All of the colors in it while black absorbs or hold "the colors" and sends nothing to the eye.

Yet we all walk around believing the world "looks" and really is this way.  ;D

We are made and are unaware of this delusion of free will until our eyes are opened.  The remaining world are going through their life experience on earth with this concept of free will and "think" they are in control.

I think in another thread asked why man was called foolish....he is foolish only in relation to himself. God made man so later we can each reflect on our earthly life experience  and understand His deeper truths.....only at judgement do we see ourselves as we really are here on earth.

Heaven is not a physical place but it is where we have relinquished all "our"control and are in total agreement with our Lord Jesus and the Will of the Father. We then can rest and look down the corridor of time and see the good of doing what the Father wills.

Even now we who are beginning to understand see in the news around the world and even in our personal lives...the really stupid (foolish) things that people are saying and doing.

(Jam 4:14 WNT)  when, all the while, you do not even know what will happen to-morrow. For what is the nature of your life? Why, it is but a mist, which appears for a short time and then is seen no more.

(Luk 23:34 KJVR)  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Beloved
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:31:53 AM by Beloved »

Grateful

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »

Beloved,

I too find it TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE the things I am reading in the news and online these days here on Earth, what people are saying & doing.   There was a movie made many years ago, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, called "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" .....that sounds about right, right now, doesn't it??!!!!!   Whooey!!

I'm HOPING and PRAYING that all this is a very-close-precursor to Christ's Second Coming, as was foretold in the Scriptures, where "madness" in people and weather and earthquakes seems to be prevailing worldwide now!!!   He can't come any too soon, as far as we Lovers of the Father and Christ are concerned, right??!!

WAITING for Him, with all of you !   :)

Linda

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »

Great post Beloved!

Peace,
Diana

musicman

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »

Beloved,

I too find it TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE the things I am reading in the news and online these days here on Earth, what people are saying & doing.   There was a movie made many years ago, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, called "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" .....that sounds about right, right now, doesn't it??!!!!!   Whooey!!

I'm HOPING and PRAYING that all this is a very-close-precursor to Christ's Second Coming, as was foretold in the Scriptures, where "madness" in people and weather and earthquakes seems to be prevailing worldwide now!!!   He can't come any too soon, as far as we Lovers of the Father and Christ are concerned, right??!!

WAITING for Him, with all of you !   :)

Linda

Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball were in The Long Long Trailor.  Mad Mad Mad World had a different cast.

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »

Please Re-read the rules of this forum, do not posts links to other web-sites

Thankyou for your cooperation

Chris R

Question: "Will it be possible for us to sin in Heaven?"

Answer: The Bible describes Heaven in great detail in Revelation chapters 21-22. Nowhere in those chapters is the possibility of sin mentioned. There will be no more death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4). The sinful are not in Heaven, but the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). Nothing impure will ever enter Heaven (Revelation 21:27). Outside of Heaven are those who sin (Revelation 22:15). So, the answer is no, there will be no sin in Heaven.

What does that mean for us? If there is no possibility of sin, does that means we will no longer have a free will in Heaven? It seems that in Heaven, or ability to choose will be similar to that of the angels. The angels had a one-time choice to obey God or follow Satan. There is no possibility of further angels sinning and joining Satan in his rebellion. The holy angels are "elect angels" (1 Timothy 5:21). Similar, the elect in Heaven will be "sealed" in their decision to forsake sin and trust in Christ. We will not even have the choice to sin. At the same time, having been delivered from sin and evil, and viewing the wonderful glories of Heaven, we would not choose sin even if we had the choice.

Where is the Free will here? ???  Sometimes people are sooo close to the truth, but still they do not see it. I was checking out some websites today and came across this one.
http://www.gotquestions.org/heaven-sin.html
This is the kind of stuff that has kept me away from Christianity for so long.  I thank God I am now able to discern the truth.

Matt   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.