bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5340 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: October 23, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »

Hi Ray:  I guess after reading some of your teachings on "Free Will", I was wondering if you believed that man does NOT have a free will in relation to his/her salvation? If you have the time? Thank you.Rea

If man doesn't have a FREE choice to his salvation, then God either MUST condemn all or save all since He stated He was not a respecter of persons [Acts 10:34]. This meaning that what He does, or promises to all, He does, or promises to all. Thus, there is either no heaven or no hell and no judgment needed at all. Making all the verses on judgment a lie since man has no FREE WILL, thus not in need of judgment.

Dear Rea:  If man doesn't have a free will/choice (and he DOESN'T), then he doesn't have a free will with regards to ANYTHING. But He does make his own choices and he does have a will. It takes a good bit of study to thoroughly understand this subject.

God be with you,
            Ray

Hi Ray:
            You contradict yourself with "he doesn't have a free will with regards to ANYTHING", and then state "He does make his own choices and he does have a will." You would have a hard time defending this in any debate situation.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you for your response.

Rea Buttermore

Dear Rea:  You have NOT paid close attention to the words, and definitions, and statements regarding just what "free will/free choice" really is.  Most dictionary definitions are RIGHT ON. I cover this thoroughly...I mean THOROUGHLY in the first installment of my series on free will. No I would not have "a hard time defending this in any debate situation," because I use a precise definition of words and how they are to be properly used. Making a choice has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether the choice was made as a result of some "cause."  If someone else or some thing else CAUSES you to chose as you do or think as you do or do as you do, then that CAUSE eliminates any possibility that you did what you did WITHOUT a cause, and if some thing always causes one to chose as they do, then their will to chose is NOT FREE.  A choice is "what we prefer" and has absolutely nothing to do with causality.  As I said in my papers, "computers make choices." &n bsp; That is virtually all a computer can do is make choices, millions and billions of choices, but I assure you that just like you and I, computers do not have "free will" to make choices THAT HAVE NO CAUSE WHATSOEVER. If nothing causes, inspires, makes, forces, urges, tempts, etc., etc., etc., you choices, then YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE A CHOICE.  Choices is not something that doesn't exist one second and then does exist the next second WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION FROM ANYWHERE.   Like I said, it takes a great deal of study and meditation and a spiritual gift from God to fully comprehend this false doctrine of the world. I have written about 120 pages on this subject, and it is thoroughly documented with Scriptures. I assure you that I will not try to re-explain a 120 pages to you in an email. Hope you understand.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Hi Ray:  Thank you for your letter, but I would still like just a simple "yes" or "no" answer to the following:

1. Will mankind be judged by God? [They either will or won't]
    2. If they will be judged, will the choices by mankind have anything to do with that judging? [They either do or don't]

I once again look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Rea

Dear Rea:  I am at a total loss of words as to what to say to you. You ask if mankind will be "judged by God?" I have a couple of thousand pages on my site, and I probably speak more about THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD than any other person on the nearly one billion web sites, and you ask me if God will judge mankind?  God HAS, IS AND WILL judge mankind. "For the time is come [NOW--and two thousand years ago] that JUDGMENT must begin at the House of God" ( I Pet. 4:17).  And: "Because He [God] has appointed a day in the which HE WILL JUDGE THE WORLD in righteousness..." (Acts 17:31).

Will this judgment bring about "choices" by mankind that has anything to do with this judgment? OF COURSE: "For when Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).

God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:19:17 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.