bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Universalism  (Read 5367 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Universalism
« on: October 23, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »

Have you ever seen this link?

Watchman Magazine » Universalism

Dear Reader:  i didn't see it until you presented it. I don't have time to read and critique the hundreds and hundreds of web sites that people send me. I do,however, often look at the first page or so.  Here is the first section presented on this site regarding false teachers:

:The Universalist
"The Universalist believes at the end of the world all will be saved. He says God is too merciful to punish anyone. This doctrine would have us line up at the starting block of disobedience. If all will be saved, no matter what they do, because of the goodness and mercy of God, what do I have to worry about?Without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6). Are those who do not please God still going to heaven? Paul says that God will take “vengeance on them that know not God and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2Thes. 1:8). Is the Lord’s vengeance shown by sending the unbelievers and disobedient to heaven?"

I will now briefly comment on this unscriptural nonsense:

"The Universalist believes at the end of the world all will be saved.

COMMENT:  The Scriptures know nothing regarding "the end of the WORLD."

He says God is too merciful to punish anyone.

COMMENT:  Universalism does NOT teach that God is "too merciful to punish anyone."

This doctrine would have us line up at the starting block of disobedience.

COMMENT:  Such talk is careless slander.

If all will be saved, no matter what they do, because of the goodness and mercy of God, what do I have to worry about?

COMMENT:  No, all will be saved regardless of what they "have DONE," not according to what they are "still DOING."  Sin must ultimately be repented of and taken out of the sinner through Judgment.

Without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6). Are those who do not please God still going to heaven?

COMMENT:  But all WILL please God because: "It is GOD which works in you both to will and to do of His GOOD PLEASURE" (Phil. 2:13).

Paul says that God will take “vengeance on them that know not God and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2Thes. 1:8). Is the Lord’s vengeance shown by sending the unbelievers and disobedient to heaven?"

COMMENT:  God sends neither the disobedient nor the obedient "to heaven."  Vengeance, punishment, and judgment are all "eonian" or pertaining to the age only. None of these is eternal.

This site is a CROCK!

God be with you,
Ray

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:44:29 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.