bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Father  (Read 4504 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Our Father
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »

The outline of how we are taught by Jesus, to communicate with "Our Father who is in Heaven, "was going through my mind this morning on my way to work. 

I was caused to ask Jesus to forgive me for all the times I think and respond as though He is not the One providing and looking after me. The times when time seems short and He is the Time Giver. When the future appears frightening and I am tempted to desire my comforts and in the Pagan manner ask God to provide them. What an insult to God! I was beginning to be shown some areas of my  self reliance and so it followed like a piece in a puzzle to beseech to Jesus Christ to "Forgive me my carnality as I forgive them their carnality against me". Carnality against me! There's a thought. Yes, I have such experiences from persons who's carnality is against me and it is only difficult to forgive THEM if I think too highly of myself. What a delusion to think highly of self! So it followes... "lead me not into delusion but deliver me from it ~ For You are Sovereign. ;D 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:16:12 PM by Arcturus »

Matt

Re: Our Father
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »

Arcturus,

Thanks for sharing!  You remind me that we are not alone here when we "groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons" (and daughters!) Rom 8:23 
Isn't amazing how strong and deceptive the flesh can be?! 

matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 02:49:21 AM »

It sure is Matt!

When Jesus told us He'd overcome the world I think He overcame the flesh because for me, that is the world we live in and it is the system of the world that is so wicked and evil which is flesh based. The flesh based foundation and house will burn but those who build on the foundation of Christ, build to Life in Him.

Peace to you Matt and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

God Bless

DuluthGA

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:56:14 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

I very much appreciate your post and relate.  I think it's a great idea to share with all who will read this thread an exerpt from Ray's newest installment, Gehenna Fire Judgment:)

We are to turn from our carnal human nature and sin, to God's spiritual love and righteousness.

It is God Who will change us from what we are to what He is.

God is creating humanity into the very Spiritual Image of Himself (that is what it's all about).

This is the enigma of the Scriptures.

This is the great parable of the Bible.

This is the purpose for creation.

This is the destiny of mankind.

This is God's master purpose.

This will be God's greatest accomplishment.

This will be the Crowning Masterpiece of God's eternal wisdom, power, and love.

God is calling you and me to this awesome journey!

Further...

Think of how an ugly worm goes through metamorphosis and changes into a beautiful butterfly.  So we are changed, [Gk:] "summorphos," conformed from our carnal image to the glorious image of Christ.

Peace and wellness to you!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:23:07 AM by DuluthGA »

brandon h

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 03:52:16 PM »

The outline of how we are taught by Jesus, to communicate with "Our Father who is in Heaven, "was going through my mind this morning on my way to work. 

I was caused to ask Jesus to forgive me for all the times I think and respond as though He is not the One providing and looking after me. The times when time seems short and He is the Time Giver. When the future appears frightening and I am tempted to desire my comforts and in the Pagan manner ask God to provide them. What an insult to God! I was beginning to be shown some areas of my  self reliance and so it followed like a piece in a puzzle to beseech to Jesus Christ to "Forgive me my carnality as I forgive them their carnality against me". Carnality against me! There's a thought. Yes, I have such experiences from persons who's carnality is against me and it is only difficult to forgive THEM if I think too highly of myself. What a delusion to think highly of self! So it followes... "lead me not into delusion but deliver me from it ~ For You are Sovereign. ;D 8)

Peace to you

I've been having the same kind of thoughts Arturus. I recently wrote in my journal about we as the body of Christ have the right and privaledge to forgive. That is part of delivering creation from bondage. No one can truly forgive but by the spirit of God.So as we ask and receive forgiveness in our new creation process, we forgive those who have not experianced true forgiveness. And as we share true and pure forgiveness, it bears fruit, even if not seen for the moment. But when the Day comes, it will be glory received by the Father, through Christ( and his body, which is us)! What a privaledge !

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »

Hello Janice

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

brandonh, yes, through obedience, being like Christ Jesus, forgiving others we are conformed to His Image. Not by Mellie-mouthing a sinners prayer and thinking we are saved. We have to carry the cross of forgiving through His Spirit not by might nor by human will but by His Spirit we see that we are carnal and one with carnality.

What a huge meaning His Cross and Resurrection for the world of flesh that WILL BE purified. 8)

Peace to you

jER

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:42:47 AM »

In Jesus name - His character!

"Father forgive them" (all of us) Beautiful words...

-jER

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:01:43 PM »

I was beginning to be shown some areas of my  self reliance and so it followed like a piece in a puzzle to beseech to Jesus Christ to "Forgive me my carnality as I forgive them their carnality against me". Carnality against me! There's a thought. Yes, I have such experiences from persons who's carnality is against me and it is only difficult to forgive THEM if I think too highly of myself.

Hey Arcturus, this really speaks to me too.  I have been thinking about how "carnality" is an instrument in God's design to mold us, a sculptor's tool if you will.  Just as we have the picture image of satan being used as a tool, or a "club in God's hands" as Ray puts it.  :) Sometimes it is the carnality within us that does the sculpting and sometimes it is the carnality in someone else that helps to form me ever closer to that new vessel.  When I think of it in this way, it is much easier for me to be forgiving of others.  The good and the evil are necessary, so then even what is thought of to be "evil" can be embraced into life's productive experiences.  Whatever is done against me, is really for me, since it all benefits my growth.

Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Peace and love to you,
Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »

An encouraging insight to help me in our trials. Thank you Diana...

Peace be to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.