bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I found bible-truths  (Read 5834 times)

John

How I found bible-truths
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:10:51 AM »

When you believe a lie and you tell others what you believe and they believe you, guess what? I may have inadvertently caused others to lie. The old church doctrine of ‘turn or burn’ and ‘once saved always saved’ along with the rest of it, was all I ever knew and firmly believed till I came to bible-truths.

A while back I was searching the net to see if there was anyone that believed what God had recently revealed to me about the unscriptural doctrine of tithing. I typed in tithing and stumbled upon Ray’s site. Of course I read the tithing part first and was jumping for joy because Ray confirmed the revelation God had given me concerning tithing, but in a much better and deeper way than I knew it.

Then soon after that I started reading the Lake of Fire Series. Boy howdy, even though I was trying to be a sponge to all the truths, it was too much too soon, to be honest about it. I read up to part 11 and had to give it a rest. I have not read it all to this day. I really have no answer for the reason why (brain overload maybe) but that’s where I’m at.  

I’m not a big poster in the deep subjects here on the forum, but I read most all of them. I look forward to reading the new posts everyday, especially the testimonies.  I am glad to be a member here and look forward to learning more bible-truths and to read more testimonies from others who have been delivered from darkness into the light of the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

John

nightmare sasuke

Re: How I found bible-truths
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 01:38:50 AM »

Quote from: John
When you believe a lie and you tell others what you believe and they believe you, guess what? I may have inadvertently caused others to lie. The old church doctrine of ‘turn or burn’ and ‘once saved always saved’ along with the rest of it, was all I ever knew and firmly believed till I came to bible-truths.

I use to be the same. I would try to convert people by threatening them with Hell fire. It makes me SICK when I look back on it. SICK! Now when I hear others do what I use to do, it makes me feel both sick and sad. It's horrible what tradition does to you! I thank God Ray put this website up. This website really shows you he cares, you know? He could have kept all these truths to himself, after all.

What is amazing, moreover, is that about all of us (that found Ray’s website) knew all of this stuff in our hearts, we just needed to have it confirmed. For example, when I first started reading the Bible, I started to realize the Bible did not know of the eternal soul, like most of Christianity teaches. I actually wrote a 10-page paper on it, but even then I was sinning (missing the mark), seeing as I still thought the lake of fire was going to annihilate all who entered it. It took some knowledge of the word aion, and the quote “was, is, and will be� to get me pushed in the right direction. Oh by the way, for a while I was struggling with the Trinity theory. I knew it was incorrect, but I was still missing the mark. For a while I was almost denying the Messiah! I was thinking to myself, “How could God torture the Jews, Muslims, and all these other people who are so close to worshiping the right God?� I started to play with the idea that every religion would be saved, seeing as they all think they’re worshiping a God. Then I realized Jesus was “created,� and my eyes opened. I learned that those other religions will be saved, but yet as through fire. What’s ironic is that even my preacher who supports the eternal torment heresy believes like I do about the Trinity, well, almost.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

shibboleth

Re: How I found bible-truths
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:16:29 AM »

I use to be the same. I would try to convert people by threatening them with Hell fire. It makes me SICK when I look back on it. SICK! Now when I hear others do what I use to do, it makes me feel both sick and sad. It's horrible what tradition does to you! I thank God Ray put this website up. This website really shows you he cares, you know? He could have kept all these truths to himself, after all.

I agree totally with this quote. I thank God everyday for the truths Ray and Mike have shared with us. They certainly aren't getting any earthly gain by doing so. ( I mean money or accolades of the world.)

God reveals His truth to us when He is ready to show us. As God says we are not to throw our pearls before swine, He doesn't either. If God had revealed to me truths all at once, I would have had an overload and not been able to assimilate any of it. But He shows me truth, line upon line, precept upon precept. Some lines are bigger than others, and some precepts are harder to understand than others. But He still will not share His precious truth with us unless we are "hungering and thirsting" after righteousness.

orion77

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 10:42:22 AM »

I like the way Ray teaches in his writings.  Always using scripture after scripture, so I know it is not his own opinion.  I also understand where you are coming from, like a sponge, lol.  I, too spent many nights burning the midnight oil, to soak it up.  When the light is turned on, my oh my, what a great light it is! :D

God bless you.

Gary

John

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »

You are soo right Gary, amen brother. That light was bright enough to knock ol Paul off his high horse :!:  Ats perty durn brite!

:idea: humm...Some sponges soak up more than others. Sponges are made..the integrity of one differs from another...they come in all shapes and sizes and colors...some are thick, some think  :lol: Alrighty then I think Ill leave it at that but I hope to be a good sponge for the glory of God!

God bless yall <--LA Alabama accent slips out ever now n then.
John

Gary wrote,

I like the way Ray teaches in his writings. Always using scripture after scripture, so I know it is not his own opinion.

ME TOO

God bless yall <--LA Alabama accent slips out ever now n then.
John
[/b][/i]

orion77

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »

:lol:  :lol:  I hear ya, John.  May we all be sponges close and in the river of life that never runs dry.  8)

You are a little farther south than I, but there some draw in me too.  Come from an area where hell, fire and brimstone are all they preach around here.  But like most everywhere, the majority dont take time to search and study.  I like that scripture where God says He will reward those who seek diligently for His truths.  Need to do a word search on that word diligently.  Should be interesting.

God bless you brother.

Gary

gmik

how i found bible truths
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »

Thanks John for the testimony.  I never questioned anything on Hell, just took it as a given.  Then one day, "stumbling" onto Ray's site, I jumped for joy and said without even thinking  "I KNEW IT!"  My heart knew before my mind did I guess.  Anyway, welcome y'all.

Falconn003

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:36:48 PM »

John

your test is wonderful and your 2nd post is a charm.
Sponges are we ...

Rodger

SandyFla

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »

John,

I was the same as you were--trying to convert people by scaring them with hellfire. I think most of us were like that before God opened our eyes.

Welcome to the forum!  :)

Sandy

arnold

How I found bible-truths
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »

Could this be the new CHURCH?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.