bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eve deceived?  (Read 9097 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Eve deceived?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »

Chuckt.
Just catching up on my reading.
On 9-21-2007,
You noted that Adam blamed the woman instead of stepping up and covering her.

I have noted that Adam also said in Gen 3:12, "the woman YOU gave me, she gave me of the tree and I did eat."  So, it appears that Adam blamed God for setting him up to be tempted.  Again offering an excuse for himself.

Just thought that was interesting since we seem to do the same; blame God for our disobedience.

Indianabob

[/quote]

greetings friend.

not only did he try and hide but he also blamed the woman instead of stepping up and covering HER.

LOVE covers sin.

Pro 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Pro 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth [very] friends.

this is really a good topic and one can see all kinds of stuff here.

1Cr 15:47 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

clay was never ment to live forever.

peace and love
chuckt

[/quote]

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »

Greg i dont understand how there can be a 'fall' of man, if man was never in a position to fall from in the first place.  ???
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:46:43 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 04:28:34 AM »

The pride of life wanting to know IT all!  ::) Compair to the knowledge of God and His Son that is Spiritual knowledge not carnal.

Some scriptures that come to mind for me are :

2 Cor 5:16 Consequently, from now on we estimate and regard no one from a purely human point of view in terms of natural standards of value. No even though we once did estimate Christ from a human viewpoint and as a man, yet now we have such knowledge of Him that we know Him no longer in terms of the flesh(the carnal!)

1 Cor 13:8 Love never fails, never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end. As for prophecy, it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for KNOWLDEGBE, it will pass away, it will lose its value and be superseded by TRUTH. (Caps not shouting or telling anyone off. Only used to show what is highlighted for me. :))

Peace to you

Arcturus

ciy

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

Man falls when it is revealed to him that he is the beast.  The knowledge that he is not perfect and is full of sin causes man to fall and to realize he has fallen away from God.

CIY

PS - I do not believe there is a "fall of man" in the bible.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

To add : http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html Quote

THERE MUST COME A ‘FALLING AWAY’ FIRST

I have shown you that John, Paul, Peter, ALL of the apostles, the whole church in Asia, the Seven Churches of Revelation, the entire flock of God’s called, all built their houses upon spiritual sand—in other words EVERYONE ever called by God, falls, falls down, falls away.

The Proverb tells us that, "For a just man falls seven times…" That’s a COMPLETE fall. But strange as it may seem, this is necessary in God’s plan. What happens to a just man after he falls seven times? "…and RISES UP AGAIN" (Prov. 24:16). When he completely falls, he falls from grace. But for those whom God is both calling AND choosing, they will RISE UP AGAIN, for

"Who are you that judges another man’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Yes, he shall be holden up [made to stand up]: for God is able to MAKE HIM STAND" (Rom. 14:4).

We will ALL FALL! But afterwards, God "raises us UP AGAIN," and "makes us STAND." And from that time onward we have this sure promise of which we read before, but I want to read again:

"Now unto Him that is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING, and to present you FAULTLESS before the presence of His glory with EXCEEDING JOY, To the Only Wise God Our Saviour, be glory and majesty, and dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 124-25)!

When John’s spiritual house built upon the sand fell down, he was left, standing on the sand of the sea by himself alone with God, and it is then and only then, that he is able to see the wild beast that came up out of the sea.

This wild beast is further identified in Rev. 13:14 when we are told this

"…beast, which had the wound [deadly wound, Ver. 3] by the sword, and DID LIVE."

He was wounded to death, but the wound was healed and he again lived. He also has a mark, and a name, and a number. What is this mysterious number that has baffled scholars, theologians, and saints for centuries? I will not give you the complete answer to this at this time, but will only show you that it is the number of mankind—

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.