bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jealousy  (Read 4726 times)

dessa

Jealousy
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »

My understanding changed six years ago as to the meaning of the first commandment.  I had thought God did not want other gods before Him because of jealousy.   And jealousy was not a pleasant word to me.

After arriving home alone in the days following my husband's sudden death I stood in the kitchen feeling very sad.  Then a sensation of peace overcame me.  A conversation began in my thoughts.

"The reason I don't want any gods before Me is for you."
"I thought it was because You are a jealous God."
"When I am first your loses aren't as devastating because I will never leave you or forsake you.  I am most important in your life."

This morning I looked up 'jealous God' in my NAS Bible and it does not appear in the New Testament.

My heart is warmed again.
dessa

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Jealousy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »

Thanks dessa for sharing.  Our God truly is a loving God.  He only has our best interest at heart.

Rene'

Grateful

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »

After arriving home alone in the days following my husband's sudden death I stood in the kitchen feeling very sad.  Then a sensation of peace overcame me.  A conversation began in my thoughts.

"When I am first your losses aren't as devastating because I will never leave you or forsake you.  I am most important in your life."

This morning I looked up 'jealous God' in my NAS Bible and it does not appear in the New Testament.

dessa

Ohhhhh, Dessa!!  I am SO GLAD for you!!  And, THANK YOU for sharing that with me/all of us!!!   VERY GOOD!!!  Our Creator definitely deserves our WHOLE-HEARTED Love for Him.....His Presence is ab-so-posi-lute-ly DEEEE-LIGHT-FUL !!!!!  When we get even a tiny taste of His Love, His Joy, His Peace, we  ===> FLYYYYYYYYY ===>  after Him for HIS Fellowship with us!!!    :D :D :D

I know this 'Quotable Quote'  I once read in Reader's Digest is not "spiritual", but I quote it here, for the sake of the SPIRITUAL FEELING  it promotes (like in your signature, "My heart is warmed again,")  :   "hot popcorn clouds buttered with sunshine (or, Son-shine) "  (I added that last word as my way of spiritualizing that Reader's Digest quote....  :D ).

Warmly,   :D

Linda  ;->

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

Hello Dessa

That is so beautiful and worth remembering! A true inspiration of the tender love HE shares with you sister.

Thank you for sharing His love with us.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:05:43 AM »

That is a beautiful thought Dessa, and a new way to look at the first commandment. It is so comforting to see His love being shown forth in times of trial. He is amazing!!

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:53:19 AM »

Thanks for sharing that Dessa.  :)

I know just what you are talking about. I too have experienced these conversations in my thoughts. ;) Thay are a true blessing from our Lord. :)

Suzie

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 06:34:35 PM »

How beautiful Dessa, thank you for sharing!

Peace,
Diana

iris

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »

thank you for sharing

peace and love
iris

gmik

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »

Great thought to ponder.  We are His bride and we should be very intimate w/ our bridegroom.

Thank you for sharing.

brandon h

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:30 PM »

My understanding changed six years ago as to the meaning of the first commandment.  I had thought God did not want other gods before Him because of jealousy.   And jealousy was not a pleasant word to me.

"When I am first your loses aren't as devastating because I will never leave you or forsake you.  I am most important in your life."

dessa

That's definitely something to meditate on. Thanx Dessa

sorry for your loss

God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.