bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learning experiences of members  (Read 6637 times)

dessa

Learning experiences of members
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »

While searching the Internet for how God wants us to worship Him I landed on this web site.  These are some of my learning experiences:

• Scriptural proof that a forever lasting hell does not exist.  I never really accepted this hell throughout my life because I trusted my Heavenly Father's love and perfection.

• That I don't have a free will in its pure form, but rather choices due to my circumstances.  This was a biggie for me and I know it is true after reflecting on my life experiences.

• A better understanding of the way God is.  The relationship between the functions of God.

• The way to worship God is to obey His Word and all personal Revelations.  I had known that by obeying Him I was learning more but I had not connected it with worship.

• That God is truly Sovereign.

My long time belief that God wants me to enjoy each day still exists.  Each day is lived with the expectation it could be my last and if I am blessed with another day there will be the fewest possible human regrets from yesterday.  The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Many people attending institutional churches desire to be in God's will.  For them to participate on this forum as they communicate any heartfelt questions and receive His loving answers can only do good.

Shalom,
dessa

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Learning experiences of members
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »

Dessa,

This may be one of the best posts I've seen on here in quite some time.  Look how far we've come, and be thankful for our blessings.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:05:43 PM »

Hi Dessa,

I ditto Craig's thoughts on your observation and really appreciate the message contained within it.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:06:03 PM »

Hello again,

I was thinking about your post Dessa and the very beginning of LOF Part 11 came to mind:

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

THE DEPTH OF SATAN AND THE CHURCH OF GOD

"But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine and which have not known the DEPTHS of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden" (Rev. 2:24).

"But as it is written, ‘What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him’--these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the DEPTHS of God" (I Cor. 2:10, Revised Standard Version).

Just what is, "the DEPTHS of Satan" and "the DEPTHS of God," and where do we find them?

There are two main issues found in both the depths of Satan and the depths of God:

What is the true nature and character of God?

What is the purpose and destiny of the human race? The depths of Satan and the depths of God both answer these two questions.

The DEPTHS of Satan—teaches that what God does mostly, is HATE! He is a God of eternal hatred and vengeance. He is pictured as the chief of hypocrites. He tells mankind to love their enemies, but shows His perverted love toward mankind by torturing most of our loved-ones in fire for all eternity. God’s weak wish of saving all humanity is thwarted by the sovereign power of man’s supposed free will, and thus most of the human race will eternally hate and despise and curse their Creator for ever making them. This teaching of Satan has absolutely no redeeming value to it. God will be remembered eternally for being the greatest failure in the history of the universe. This doctrine is both the most evil and the most stupid teaching ever conceived.

The DEPTHS of God—teaches that what God does and is, is LOVE! He is a God fully capable of bringing the whole human race to repentance through judgments that cause man to learn righteousness. The purpose for man’s creation is to teach him obedience and love, so that he can be molded into the very Image of God Himself and thus be manifested as the Eternal Sons and Daughters of God in the Family of God. God’s plan brings unspeakable happiness to and pleasure to every creature in heaven and earth. God’s plan will be totally successful down to God’s very last wish and desire. Possessing the very character of God and His love for all His creatures is the most marvelous plan ever conceived by our all-wise and Loving God.

Ironically, The Christian Church writes books about, teaches in her seminaries, and preaches from her pulpits, in a most vigorous manner, The DEPTHS of Satan. Contrariwise, she avoids teaching The DEPTHS of God, and accuses those who do, of being false prophets and of the devil.

Seminary professors and theologians, religious writers and movie makers, clergymen and teachers, the world over, attribute to Satan powers and victories that he does not deserve or possess, and they likewise attribute to God weaknesses and failures that He does not deserve or possess! Their theology is turned backward, upside down, and inside out! Satan will not be victorious over the human race by bringing the majority of mankind down into a living eternal hellhole of torture, nor will God be a disgraceful failure in saving the world! It is time now for God to reveal some startling truths to those who have ears to hear.

Little wonder that the Church worldwide does not acknowledge the whereabouts of the depths of Satan. Yet, this is no secret for those who have eyes to see it. "The DEPTHS of Satan is found IN THE CHURCH itself. Satan does not attack the Church from without, but from within:

Where do we find them who "say they are apostles [of Jesus Christ] and are not?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:2).

Where do we find them who have "left their first love?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:4).

Where do we find them which "say they are [spiritual] Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:9 & 3:9).

Where do we find "Satan’s seat [throne]?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:13).

Where do we find "where Satan dwells?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:13).

Where do we find "the doctrine of Balaam?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:14).

Where do we find "them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I [Jesus] hate?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:15).

Where do we find "that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed unto idols?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 2:19).

Where do we find them that "have a name that you live, and are dead?" Why, IN THE CHURCH

Where do we find them that "are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked?" Why, IN THE CHURCH (Rev. 3:17).

And were do we find "the DEPTHS of Satan?" Why, IN THE CHURCH, of course Rev. 2:24).

Is it possible that the "depths of God" can co-exist alongside of the "depths of Satan" in the same church? Are not both taught in the Church? No, they are not. However, let me make myself perfectly clear on this matter. I am not suggesting that nothing but the depths of Satan is taught in the Christian Church. That is certainly not true. There are numerous truths of God that are taught in the Church, and there are doctrines and practices of demons that are not taught in the Church. But, therein lies the reason why there is much confusion and contradiction among the different denominations. Error mixed with some truth can be more deceptive than error alone.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

Hi Dessa,

Thanks for the thoughts, Isnt it amazing! The Gospel really is GOOD NEWS! the best sort of Good News!

Take care

Gods blessings to you

Chris R

dessa

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »

Last night my sleep was interrupted by awakening to this thought, 'there are more learning's to report than were reported in my first posting! '

Here goes again:

• The numbered living creature in the book of Revelation is me and you!  Of course!

• Giving, tithing, contributing is from a cheerful heart and not a mandate to us from God.

Wonder why I couldn't remember them for the first posting?

Shalom,
dessa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »

Shalom Dessa

How wonderful that our Lord is revealing His Truths to you that are in harmony with what we are being shown here in BT's.

Joe, it is always precious to me to see what soul wall paper is brought forward in response to a thread or a comment in a post. If our words and reflections always show the revelations we hold near and dear and the Words of God as our soul windows and doorways, then such a home is surely being built upon the secure foundation that is Christ.

I enjoy seeing Rays teachings come up relative to discussions on the Forum because it shows that we CAN interpret life through Gods revelations, teachings and Scriptures.  ;D

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »

Dessa this is Good... ;D

It really can't get much simpler than this ...and like Chris R says it is the Good News.... Blessed are those who have been enabled to receive it.

Beloved  ;D

ciy

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »

Dessa,

I think that is a great post and a great list.  I meditate on simple statements like your list for a long time.  When you ponder simple, true statements like these then you start being able to see the why of many segments of God's plans.  You have hit some of the basics that one must see in order to begin to know God.  The problem is some people see what you see and say ok now let me go see something else.  When they need to stay on "No Hell" and "God's Sovereignty" until they are living it because they are knowing it from the inside out.  In other words, live every moment from believing from the inside out that God is in control of everything. 

Really.

Then like you say you will live in joy.  Knowing that God is all in all.  That He is working all things out to the good of all in the end.  So count it all joy because every moment whether it appears good or bad in the flesh is actually working to the good.  No matter what the immediate effect seems to be, it is good because it is of God.

Thanks for the post and thanks for the encouragement.
CIY

Robin

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

Thank you dessa!

dessa

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:34:11 PM »

Thank each one for responding to my posts. 

It is painful to sit a long time so I have a laptop computer on an overbed table and can lie flat in bed to use it.  It's operating system is Vista and a grand new feature is an on-screen keyboard.  Using the mouse pointer for each letter is slow but better than not being able to participate in the forum.   ??? 

Shalom,
dessa

rjsurfs

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »

Dessa,

I am really glad that you have joined us here at our forum.  I am a technology geek by trade and I am very inspired by your embracing of new technologies so that you can participate with us.  Thank you for your post as well.

I just wanted to add a couple of things... I had made a list awhile back of various truths I have learned since studying on Bible-Truths...  a couple of more than I didn't see mentioned so far:

First is the physical and then comes the spiritual

Jesus taught in parables only

No Scripture its OWN interpretation

Those are just a couple of more that mean a lot to me... I have a big list of truths and heresies and as I study I jot down verses that proves or disproves them.  I feel there is already a life-times worth of study on Bible-Truths...

I'm glad you found us Dessa.

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 02:21:31 AM »

Hey Dessa

Shalom

Why are you bed ridden? (assumption?) What is your diagnosis? If this question is too personal then please forgive me for asking...

Peace to you

gmik

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 09:02:50 PM »

Good Food.

Realizing that I didn't come to Christ but that HE called ME was a big big jolt!!

Realizing nothing I have done has been of me but of Him who lives in me!  (ha.  I actually thought I was a good Christian, mother, wife, teacher, daughter, neighbor etc etc.  HA again)

Which leads me to pride!  Folks I think it is a Biggie!!!  It is ALL Him and His will.

I was at dinner w/ several divorced girlfriends.(I am their token). They wondered why I was married 34 years and not them.  I said I don't know.  They said Well, you must have done something right.  I said No, I don't do anything right.  It is Jesus in me Who does anything good.  They all started yakking at once so I backed off! It still came off sounding like I was special or better or something!

If anyone has clues to how best answer something like that let me know.
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread--if not it has been good for me to rethink some of these things.
Cheerio!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »

Hi G

I can relate!

Lately I have been considering how to stop talking the talk of the world. I  deal with the publicand lately it has been grating on my nerves that people ask "How are you?" which is so insincere and such hypocrisy! To answer with the standard reply  "Fine thank you." for me says nothing and means less!

I have been thinking that every word we say we will give an account for to The Lord. So now, I am saying in response to this worldly hypocritical question " how are you"...I reply with a big smile " ...Trials and tribulations!"  ;D I am still in practise mode though...I have not yet got passed the habit of worldly language fully enough and when I answer fine thank you I cringe thinking that the Beast just answered and so I repent.... :(

I think the answer to your friends was in His Spirit in honestly and sincerity.

Peace to you

gmik

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »

Thanks Arc.  I appreciate you saying that.  I am seeing them all again tomorrow and now I won't feel bad for saying anything!!

PS  Love the new avatar.  Cool!

joyful1

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »

dessa --
I don't know if this fits with your project here or not...but the biggest lesson that I have to say I've "learned"....is that

"perfect love casteth out all fear!"

I used to be terrified at night of demons and satanists and ghosts and ufo's and...the list went on forever...and my "christian life" reflected these fears...tithing and so called "bible study" and special prayers and speaking in tongues and laying on of hands and annointings and so on and so forth....

now that I know for sure...that GOD IS COMPLETELY IN CONTROL...
I am no longer "afraid" of anything! this freedom has lasted for over 2 years now....I suspect it is permanent in me!  and I thank God for it! :)

btw gmik...Gena, right? been so long!   ....cute babies!! :)

LittleBear

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »

Hi there Joyce,

Nice to have you back. I missed you!

Ursula

joyful1

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 09:31:46 PM »

:D Hey there Ursula...its reunion day!  :)...been on a long journey of reading the articles and listening to the audio files, etc. here and at *not-allowed*....I needed to search scriptures and hear from the Holy Spirit on so many things....I have a whole new bag of notebooks....full of notes and probably even more questions....but then I caught a terrible flu bug and weeks went by...finally...I'm out of my cave and getting back in the saddle again...
thanks for holding down the fort...got lots of catching up to do here now!!
Joyce  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.