bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just wanted to share  (Read 6029 times)

bowlbyx

just wanted to share
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »

Luke 9:54-56

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
KJV

GOD bless

david

orion77

just wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:01:11 PM »

Amen to that David, for our Lord did not come to condemn, but to save.  Lucky for us, what a great God we worship.   8)

God bless,

Gary

bowlbyx

just wanted to share
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:07:25 AM »

after looking even closer at this verse, this is mainly for myself, who at times struggles with certian things in my faith,  His disciples believed that Jesus was the messiah.  notice they thought he was going to command fire from the sky.  amazing, how many of us think of GOD this way, and how many would be disappointed when things dont turn out the way WE thought it would according to his word.  Just imagine so many people knew the prophecies, and waited and seen nothing that they thought physically would happen.  

I listened to the radio today and one pastor was talking about recieving physical healing, physical riches, physical this and that, ask and believe and you shall recieve, i say i need no physical i want the spiritual.

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

thanks for listening to my rant
david

Laren

just wanted to share
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:38:13 AM »

What I think is cool is this verse

Luk 19:10  For1063 the3588 Son5207 of man444 is come2064 to seek2212 and2532 to save4982 that which was lost.622

Lost has the same meaning as destroy/perish.  

So He didnt' come to destroy man, but to save destroyed man.   :D  :D

bowlbyx

just wanted to share
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 09:09:24 AM »

thats good, i like it.  thanks

GOD bless
david

orion77

just wanted to share
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 10:36:06 AM »

That's a good point, Laren.  Cool!  8)

I've never really understood why people would fight against God in saving the lost.  It's His greatest power!  

Creating the universe, raising the dead, healing the sick, parting the Red sea, changing water into wine, etc., are great physical things done, but they each have greater spiritual meanings into which bring about the greatest miracle God can do...creating men and women into His image, from the inside out.  His will be done.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

just wanted to share
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

God showed me this verse a few weeks ago and I just love this verse! I must have read the book of John at least several times and never ever saw this verse with those blind eyes then!!

bobby

Bobby, this single scripture (among others) totally destroys the belief of the Christian world. Just how loving is our God?

Just in case there is any argument on translation, here are Strongs #'s.

Thanks, Darren :)

And   [2532]    kai  
if   [3362]    ean me  
any man   [5100]    tis  
hear   [191]      akouo  
my   [3450]    mou  
words,   [4487]    rhema  
and   [2532]    kai  
believe      [4100]    pisteuo  
not,   [3362]    ean me  
I   [1473]    ego  
judge   [2919]    krino  
him   [846]     autos  
not:   [3756]    ou  
for   [1063]    gar  
I came     [2064]    erchomai  
not       [3756]    ou  
to   [2443]    hina  
judge       [2919]    krino  
the world,  [2889]    kosmos  
but      [235]      alla  
to       [2443]    hina  
save       [4982]    sozo  
the world.  [2889]    kosmos

bowlbyx

just wanted to share
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

wow, how many times have i read this and not see this.  This alone is something to praise GOD about.  i wonder why people get so angry when we say GOD WILL (or as some say desire) save all mankind, when this verse is right there.  Thanks for sharing.

GOD bless
david

SOTW

just wanted to share
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:42:32 PM »

Quote from: bowlbyx

wow, how many times have i read this and not see this.  This alone is something to praise GOD about.  i wonder why people get so angry when we say GOD WILL (or as some say desire) save all mankind, when this verse is right there.  Thanks for sharing.

GOD bless
david

Yea, why is that?

davey C.

just wanted to share
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:42 PM »

Yeah dAVID DID YOU NOTICE IT WAS THE DISCIPLES DESIRE to rain down fire not Yashua.And He does have a baptismn that is by fire for everyone who will be baptised with that fire hallelujah.But carnal man will not and cannot see this or come to this understanding,neither can they come out of her for they are seduced,and we would not be having this discussion if the loving heavenly Father had not dragged us out of her and brought us to repentence and is chastening us with FIRE,that I say bring it on and purify my thoughts and motives,cleanse this heart of stone and turn it into a heart of flesh.From stone to flesh,one time when flesh is a  type of a good thing.Stone (fleshy natural)and Flesh(spiritual) love davey c

bowlbyx

just wanted to share
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 08:39:28 PM »

yes, its very cool.  Thanks agian for sharing.

GOD bless
david

orion77

just wanted to share
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 10:16:47 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43

God showed me this verse a few weeks ago and I just love this verse! I must have read the book of John at least several times and never ever saw this verse with those blind eyes then!!

bobby

That's a great verse, definetly a show stopper for all the hucksters out there.  Learn more and more each day, I love it!

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.